Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits vs Fighting Hawks @ Frost Arena

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    Cascio-Jensen not having her greatest game.
    She had 6 assists and only 2 turnovers. Not much for scoring no doubt though. I just hope her gas tank fills back up to 100% for Saturday after dealing with the press for a lot of the game.

Comment

What kind of amazed me was I felt like we left some points out there with some poorer shooting at times, then you look up and they end with 99! I realize they scored a lot of points with the clock stopped, but still. Good team effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Route 12 Jack View Post
        “This basketball season sponsored by Sanford Orthopedic Walking Boots and Knee Braces.”
        Every time a player goes to the floor I cringe now.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
          She had 6 assists and only 2 turnovers. Not much for scoring no doubt though. I just hope her gas tank fills back up to 100% for Saturday after dealing with the press for a lot of the game.
          With both the Jacks and USD playing tonight, and USD having to travel home from Fargo, I don't understand why the women's game isn't on Sunday. The men's teams get two extra days rest, which doesn't make a lot of sense.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/user/sdsuathletics
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

It is dumb, no doubt. But I guess it's even for both. At least they didn't put the games on weeknight like in years past.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                She is constantly hounded full court which might wear on her. She still found 5 boards, 6 assists, and only 2 turnovers.
                That’s not a bad game. It’s not all about filling the hoop.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                  Brewster is a good dude. He'll have his team ready.

Hopefully the Jackrabbits come ready to play and they can handle them. But if there's a slip in play, or any 'looking ahead' to the Coyotes, the Fighting Birds will be tough.
                  Brewster is not a good dude. When he turned his SDSU issued cell phone in after he left here to become an assistant at UND (and later promoted to HC), he had been texting the UND staff giving them info on the recruits we were on and when we were contacting them. He was either too stupid or didn't care enough to even delete these messages. The texts dated back to before he announced he was leaving SDSU. For that, he can go f**k himself for all I care.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                    With both the Jacks and USD playing tonight, and USD having to travel home from Fargo, I don't understand why the women's game isn't on Sunday. The men's teams get two extra days rest, which doesn't make a lot of sense.
                    I guess since it is SDSU and USD they could have made it different but I don't have problem with it. SDSU and Augie were traveling partners in the DII days and they would play @NDSU and Friday night and @UND on Saturday night. This way USD travels home and SDSU travels to USD so both teams travel some. They didn't have all the media timeouts back in the DII days either. If you are a fan from Denver or Fort Wayne, do you really want to spend an extra day in South/North Dakota? The two extra days off for the men is a little weird but who know what they were thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                      Brewster is not a good dude. When he turned his SDSU issued cell phone in after he left here to become an assistant at UND (and later promoted to HC), he had been texting the UND staff giving them info on the recruits we were on and when we were contacting them. He was either too stupid or didn't care enough to even delete these messages. The texts dated back to before he announced he was leaving SDSU. For that, he can go f**k himself for all I care.
                      You don't think that happens 90% percent of the time a coach decides to leave? I like his demeanor.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                        You don't think that happens 90% percent of the time a coach decides to leave? I like his demeanor.
                        If this kind of unethical behavior is common in college coaching, it's very sad. Private businesses would not tolerate employees, while still on their payroll, giving out competitive secrets to a rival. There are legal fights over that kind of stuff.
                        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                          No, it doesn't happen more than 2% of the time. He was texting the coaching staff of another team while he was on staff and being paid by SDSU. That's like saying it's okay to text the person you are having an affair with while your still married because that is what 90% of people do who are having an affair.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                            If this kind of unethical behavior is common in college coaching, it's very sad. Private businesses would not tolerate employees, while still on their payroll, giving out competitive secrets to a rival. There are legal fights over that kind of stuff.
                            You really don't think that happens either?

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                              No, it doesn't happen more than 2% of the time. He was texting the coaching staff of another team while he was on staff and being paid by SDSU. That's like saying it's okay to text the person you are having an affair with while your still married because that is what 90% of people do who are having an affair.
                              And those actions if they happened took down SDSU recruiting? I hardly think so.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                                You really don't think that happens either?
                                Of course it occasionally happens. But it's not acceptable behavior in business, and it shouldn't be brushed off lightly in coaching.
                                This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                                X