Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCAA Women's Tournament Bracket released early???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCAA Women's Tournament Bracket released early???

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    A quick look at the Bobcats find an undefeated conference record of 18-0. Of the 11 teams, there are 3 teams with an overall winning record. Rider, Marist, and the Bobcats have a winning record including MAAC play. The best of the rest find 9-9 records down to 1-17 with no other teams showing success outside of conference play. This may explain the gaudy defensive numbers of 50 points/game defensively as they cruised to an average 23 point victory in conference. Hopefully the Jackrabbit can keep turnovers down and score more than 50. Quinnipiac has been the winner of the opening of the NCAA tourney games the past 2 years the lower seed. That in itself may be close to a record which also includes with a trip to Sweet 16 in 2017 as the Bobcats are in their 5th tourney.
    https://www.nhregister.com/colleges/...h-13698136.php
    The Bobcat coaches also said in this article that the Jack's most resemble the Marist team whom they beat in the MAAC championship by 30 points...so perhaps the team will feel a little over confident

Comment

Final seed rundown of our opponents from this year:

#1 Baylor (#1 overall seed)
      #2 Oregon
      #5 Marquette
      #8 Central Michigan
      #8 USD
      #10 Drake
      #10 Buffalo
      #13 Florida Gulf Coast

Also had games against WNIT teams Denver, Wyoming, and Green Bay. Not a bad schedule put together by our coaching staff. The team should feel confident going into this tournament.

Comment

Worth Noting the W/L:

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
        Final seed rundown of our opponents from this year:

#1 Baylor (#1 overall seed) - L 66-72
        #2 Oregon - L 79-87
        #5 Marquette - L 52-91
        #8 Central Michigan - W 80-71
        #8 USD - W 2 of 3
        #10 Drake - W 80-71
        #10 Buffalo - L 55-61
        #13 Florida Gulf Coast - W 80-62

Also had games against WNIT teams Denver, Wyoming, and Green Bay. Not a bad schedule put together by our coaching staff. The team should feel confident going into this tournament.

Denver - W x2
        Wyoming - L 70-77
        Green Bay - W 77-47

Comment

Do you think winning against Buffalo, Wyoming and USD (3 times vs. 2) would have propelled us to the 4-seed line and hosting the first two rounds? I think it would have been really close.

Also, if we ever host being a top-4 seed do we host in Frost or down in SF?

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
            Do you think winning against Buffalo, Wyoming and USD (3 times vs. 2) would have propelled us to the 4-seed line and hosting the first two rounds? I think it would have been really close.

Also, if we ever host being a top-4 seed do we host in Frost or down in SF?
            I personally doubt it. I think it would have taken a win over Oregon, Baylor, or Marquette.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
              I personally doubt it. I think it would have taken a win over Oregon, Baylor, or Marquette.
              I agree and take it a step further. I think they would have needed to best Baylor and then either Oregon/Marquette. Looking at the bracket, Gonzaga and BYU are the only mid-majors ranked at or above the Jacks.

If the ladies can make a run this year, then they have something to build on for next season.
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

If you're already writing Saturday morning's game off as an easy win you very well could end up surprised. We drew a scary 11-seed. Here's some more info to add to that provided by Old Hare below. This team is no joke and March has a funny way of helping out underdogs.

• Winners of 21 straight – that’s not easy to do even against a crappy conference (see SDSU’s record most previous years).
                • Last loss was by 2 to #12 seed UCF
                • 7 seed Texas only beat them by 2
                • Have only allowed an opponent 70 points one time all year (12 seed Bucknell). Defense does not have an "off day" like shooting does.
                • RPI 40
                • Have won more NCAA tourney games in the past two years than we have in our 11 years and have done it with upsets.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                  If you're already writing Saturday morning's game off as an easy win you very well could end up surprised. We drew a scary 11-seed. Here's some more info to add to that provided by Old Hare below. This team is no joke and March has a funny way of helping out underdogs.

• Winners of 21 straight – that’s not easy to do even against a crappy conference (see SDSU’s record most previous years).
                  • Have only allowed an opponent 70 points one time all year (12 seed Bucknell). Defense does not have an "off day" like shooting does.
                  • RPI 40
                  • Have won more NCAA tourney games in the past two years than we have in our 11 years and have done it with upsets.
                  I'm not real sure they are a true 11 seed. They were also receiving votes for the top 25. I guess we will find out on Saturday how things shake out. Our women get to play in a special venue which should be fun for them. I just wish there could be a good crowd there because it will look empty.

Comment

I just looked at their individual stats, we are, I would say, better off offensively. They do rely on their defense a lot, they are particularly big in steals and causing TO's. Taking care of the ball and rebounding will be big for us. I just about hate to mention it, because every time someone does , an opponent does just the opposite....but, it appears they don't shoot the three really well, statistically anyway. One (their best ,Martin, shoots 34.7%, the rest < 31%) big advantage for us ,if we hit our normal or above shots.They have 3 players who are in the decent 40-43% FG percentage, the others shoot less than that.Their biggest factor is their coach,saw a clip of her instructing (motivating) her players pre-Marist in the locker room, brought me back to my old "boot camp" days, makes AJ look like a boy scout, she's intense to say the least and gets her team pretty revved up and they play really hard for her.

All this said, if we don't have too many glaringly negative aspects to our game, I like our odds of picking up our third NCAA Tournament win, but expect a tough hard nosed team coming at you for a full 40 min type of game ,they are relentless.
                    Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-21-2019, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

• RPI 40
                      I love our team and want to see them get to the Sweet 16 but the more I learn about Quinnipiac, the more nervous I am. They’re much better than an 11-seed. Our offense is great but their defense is excellent. It’ll be a tough game and not a terrible travel distance for them. Go Jacks!

Comment

https://www.wtnh.com/on-air/good-mor...bri/1860298422 Coach Fabbri

Looking at the stats for the Bobcats, it is hard to determine what their defense will do since the season stats indicate an ability to stifle the shooting of the opponents. It could be like a Green Bay situation with their tenacious defense. The Bobcats also have a trouble shooting real well most of the time. They did shoot 7-16(3Pt) in the first half of the conference tourney championship to follow with 4-13 in second half. It could turn into one of those proverbial rock fights. They have 7 players in rotation with a couple of other shorter and sparse action players of 10 minutes or less. They are also similar to the yotes with everyone scoring, rebounding, and stealing the ball. Bobcat opponents turn the ball over 21 times/game.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

They lost to Missouri by 14 on a neutral court (8-31 3 pt shots,about 25%, 23 possessions they got zero pts, maybe??, only scored a basket on 15 of 70 possessions), USD beat Missouri on their home court. They lost to Central Mich by15, lost to Princeton by 12, they have had their games where they didn't play well too , besides the ones mentioned where they did play well ,six losses total...obviously they win more than they lose, (about like us, but we had tougher games over all) and all their games seem to be low scoring affairs...so, I reiterate, taking care of the ball, maximizing our possessions as much as possible, being a more efficient scoring team, ie, sounds more and more like your typical hotly contested, low scoring, defensive game, unless one side steps up their scoring the other team simply cannot match, but both defenses are good.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                            https://www.wtnh.com/on-air/good-mor...bri/1860298422 Coach Fabbri

Looking at the stats for the Bobcats, it is hard to determine what their defense will do since the season stats indicate an ability to stifle the shooting of the opponents. It could be like a Green Bay situation with their tenacious defense. The Bobcats also have a trouble shooting real well most of the time. They did shoot 7-16(3Pt) in the first half of the conference tourney championship to follow with 4-13 in second half. It could turn into one of those proverbial rock fights. They have 7 players in rotation with a couple of other shorter and sparse action players of 10 minutes or less. They are also similar to the yotes with everyone scoring, rebounding, and stealing the ball. Bobcat opponents turn the ball over 21 times/game.
                            When they do shoot it well from the perimeter, they just about always win, because that's typically been one of their weaknesses. Any time a weakness disappears , it's like a shot in the arm for any team. So we'll want to keep it a weakness for them in our game, I'd assume.
                            Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-21-2019, 11:38 AM.

Comment

If Macy Miller plays well, we win. Everything begins with her. She has stepped up her game as of late and is showing a lot more emotion. Her teammates rely on her leadership. I'm glad we have USD in this league as they pushed us. Macy responded in those games and has bolstered our confidence. There is nothing worse than playing scared.

Comment

Well, Obama's got us going to the Elite Eight... So you can pretty much count on that.

https://www.obama.org/wp-content/upl...ket-2019-1.png

Comment

Working...
                                X