Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: Jackrabbits(14-1) vs "Westerwinds"(8-7) @ Frost Arena

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • GDT: Jackrabbits(14-1) vs "Westerwinds"(8-7) @ Frost Arena

    For those who wonder about Westerwinds, it was the moniker for WIU women athletics from 1977-2009. In 2009, the Fighting Leathernecks became a bit more gender neutral by sharing Fighting Leathernecks with the ladies. Women athletics began in 1974 at WIU and they remained without a nickname until 1977. Senior Day at Frost will likely find resistance from the underdogs. Gravina will not have an overall winning record this season, but he could attain a winning record in conference with a big win today. The Fighting Leathernecks are currently 2-23 in the series. It will take some tremendous defense and torrid 3 pt shooting to give WIU win #3. The seniors will lead the Jackrabbits as on a mission today which will also bring them a regular season conference title to add to their resume as Jackrabbits. There is no snow falling today. There ought to be a great crowd for the seniors Frost finale to appreciate the time they have shared. Go Jacks!!

    Jackrabbit All Access
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

  • #2
    Re: GDT: Jackrabbits(14-1) vs "Westerwinds"(8-7) @ Frost Arena

    Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    For those who wonder about Westerwinds, it was the moniker for WIU women athletics from 1977-2009. In 2009, the Fighting Leathernecks became a bit more gender neutral by sharing Fighting Leathernecks with the ladies. Women athletics began in 1974 at WIU and they remained without a nickname until 1977. Senior Day at Frost will likely find resistance from the underdogs. Gravina will not have an overall winning record this season, but he could attain a winning record in conference with a big win today. The Fighting Leathernecks are currently 2-23 in the series. It will take some tremendous defense and torrid 3 pt shooting to give WIU win #3. The seniors will lead the Jackrabbits as on a mission today which will also bring them a regular season conference title to add to their resume as Jackrabbits. There is no snow falling today. There ought to be a great crowd for the seniors Frost finale to appreciate the time they have shared. Go Jacks!!

    Jackrabbit All Access
    There are female Marines ("leathernecks"), so the name fits.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: GDT: Jackrabbits(14-1) vs "Westerwinds"(8-7) @ Frost Arena

      Bummer. No Myah Selland today. I hope she heals up enough to play some during the Summit Tourney.
      This space for lease.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: GDT: Jackrabbits(14-1) vs "Westerwinds"(8-7) @ Frost Arena

        Great 1st half by the ladies! Tylie in double figures in first quarter Macy in double figures in the 2nd quarter. Tagyn in double figures also. . Jacks up 54 to 31 at 1/2. No sign of Myah into game. Take it that they're holding her out unkess needed.

        Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: GDT: Jackrabbits(14-1) vs "Westerwinds"(8-7) @ Frost Arena

          Jacks up big at half, 54-31.
          This space for lease.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: GDT: Jackrabbits(14-1) vs "Westerwinds"(8-7) @ Frost Arena

            Spending my day at youth wrestling- hows the crowd looking?


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: GDT: Jackrabbits(14-1) vs "Westerwinds"(8-7) @ Frost Arena

              Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
              Great 1st half by the ladies! Tylie in double figures in first quarter Macy in double figures in the 2nd quarter. Tagyn in double figures also. . Jacks up 54 to 31 at 1/2. No sign of Myah into game. Take it that they're holding her out unkess needed.

              Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
              The coach said in the pregame radio show that Myah would not be available today. I'm guessing that her foot problem has flared up.
              This space for lease.

              Comment


              • #8
                GDT: Jackrabbits(14-1) vs "Westerwinds"(8-7) @ Frost Arena

                Definitely no letdown today. We were up by 30 a couple minutes ago, and currently by 25 at the end of the 3rd. Miller is going out in style with 24 points so far. Irwin put on quite a show in the first half. Looks like a decent crowd, considering the weather.

                $7 for both games on Gojacks.com. Their coverage these days is much better than the mess it used to be several years ago. Ill spend more than that in my first beer next Saturday afternoon!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: GDT: Jackrabbits(14-1) vs "Westerwinds"(8-7) @ Frost Arena

                  Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                  Definitely no letdown today. We were up by 30 a couple minutes ago, and currently by 25 at the end of the 3rd. Miller is going out in style with 24 points so far. Irwin put on quite a show in the first half. Looks like a decent crowd, considering the weather.

                  $7 for both games on Gojacks.com. Their coverage these days is much better than the mess it used to be several years ago. I’ll spend more than that in my first beer next Saturday afternoon!
                  That's what we are doing. Watching on computer doing getting caught up on some school work and painting some pinewood derby cars. Maybe go to the home depot....dont know if we will have enough time.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

                  Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: GDT: Jackrabbits(14-1) vs "Westerwinds"(8-7) @ Frost Arena

                    Originally posted by salemjack View Post
                    Spending my day at youth wrestling- hows the crowd looking?


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Pretty impressive for the women's game. Both sides were full, plus the ends had some scattered in. Pretty much no students here. I'm guessing it will fill in a little more for the men's game.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: GDT: Jackrabbits(14-1) vs "Westerwinds"(8-7) @ Frost Arena

                      The crowd for the women's game was more than 3,000, according to radio play by play. Congrats to the Jackrabbit women for winning the league championship outright. Great season (so far)!
                      This space for lease.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X