No announcement yet.

GDT Showdown Series: Jackrabbits(13-1) vs #23 Coyotes(12-1) @ Frost Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT Showdown Series: Jackrabbits(13-1) vs #23 Coyotes(12-1) @ Frost Arena

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to7Lr9JAySs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaAAHiRPa5E
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
      To me the keys to this win were AJ shortening up the bench and stopping the defensive switch on the pick and roll with Sjerven in the 2nd half. Solid come back win that really should guarantee both teams a spot in the NCAA’s.
      I've been wondering about the switching on the pic and roll all season. If the guard is Maci or Maddi, they can guard some posts but Theunick and RCJ can't guard any post. On top of that, Payton can't guard the guard on the switch.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
        I've been wondering about the switching on the pic and roll all season. If the guard is Maci or Maddi, they can guard some posts but Theunick and RCJ can't guard any post. On top of that, Payton can't guard the guard on the switch.
        There are a lot of teams where we can get away with this, but Sjerven is not one of them. But when Theunick is out there we really need to abandon the switch because she can’t hold up down there and either gives up an easy shot or forces us to help off a 3 point shooter. Honestly, going under the screen and keeping Larson on Sjerven really messed with their offense. Great win, but USD has shown they have built a program to last and looked poised to remain at the top of the Summit the next couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          We were only getting 4 votes and several in front of us for the top 25. I dont mind if they stay ranked honestly so in the summit tourney we can beat a top 25 ranked team twice.
          We'll probably get some more votes, but not enough to vault us into the top 25 , I don't think. The bigger question is does USD stay in the top 25. The good thing is they're #23 and not #25, they might still stay in, barely.
          Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-25-2019, 06:00 AM.

Comment

Usd coach had a question about the rivalry and overtime games etc and maybe it's just me but all she talked about was how they missed a few chances to win it and didn't really touch on the obvious coach speak of great teams big shots atmosphere etc. Pw coach Coffman made like him and konchar even more. Usd coach was all about her and her team. Maybe just gruppy in her interview.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
              We'll probably get some more votes, but not enough to vault us into the top 25 , I don't think,the bigger question is does USD stay in the top 25, the good thing is they're #23 and not #25, they might still stay in, barely.
              That would be the best. We are top seed they are still ranked 2nd seed Nd we beat them in the tournament we get a better seed and they still get at large.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

That would be the best. We are top seed they are still ranked 2nd seed Nd we beat them in the tournament we get a better seed and they still get at large.
                Agree, would be fun to watch both teams do whatever damage they can do in the NCAA Tournament.

Comment

Usd coach had a question about the rivalry and overtime games etc and maybe it's just me but all she talked about was how they missed a few chances to win it and didn't really touch on the obvious coach speak of great teams big shots atmosphere etc. Pw coach Coffman made like him and konchar even more. Usd coach was all about her and her team. Maybe just gruppy in her interview.
                  I find it kind of amusing , after we beat USD, it's been a while (regular season), they are pouting about it, makes me think they were a little spoiled, and maybe we should beat them more often, like the upcoming SLT

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel
                    I find it kind of amusing , after we beat USD, it's been a while , they are pretty pouty about it, makes me think they were a little spoiled, and maybe we should beat them more often, like the upcoming SLT
                    That would be the perfect time to put them back in their place. I wonder if being ranked got to their heads a little bit. Until they beat us consistently and until they win the conference tourney consistently we are still the better program no matter what they think their ranking is.

Comment

That would be the perfect time to put them back in their place. I wonder if being ranked got to their heads a little bit. Until they beat us consistently and until they win the conference tourney consistently we are still the better program no matter what they think their ranking is.
                      I guess I can't lump them all together, some are classy and some are obviously bitter. Typical cross section of just about every fan base I guess.

Comment

Jacks go up to 28 in RPI ranking, used stays at 33.

Comment

Madison Guebert open letter
                          https://gojacks.com/news/2019/2/25/w...it-nation.aspx
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

just read the yote board, some a$$hat claims that AJ when recruiting bad mouths used and the coaches there, also most of the Jacks players hate him. like to know where he gets that info cause i dont see it.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                              Jacks go up to 28 in RPI ranking, used stays at 33.
                              Also, ESPN currently has us in as a 6-seed and lists both SDSU and USD as two of five mid-major teams that are already locks to make the tournament. Charley Creme even says that the Summit would get 3 teams in if someone else wins the SLT. Interestingly enough, two of the other five mid-major locks are teams we have beaten (Drake and C. Mich).

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                                Also, ESPN currently has us in as a 6-seed and lists both SDSU and USD as two of five mid-major teams that are already locks to make the tournament. Charley Creme even says that the Summit would get 3 teams in if someone else wins the SLT. Interestingly enough, two of the other five mid-major locks are teams we have beaten (Drake and C. Mich).
                                After the Wyoming loss I was crucified for mentioning that it was still possible for the Jacks to get an at-large bid. It continues to amaze me how low this board gets on teams during and after losses.

Comment

Working...
                                X