GDT: USD at SDSU 1/25/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: USD at SDSU 1/25/18

The tipoff is set for 7:00 p.m. in Frost. Some pre-game facts summarized from the story on GoJacks.com:

The Jackrabbits are 16-4 overall, 5-0 in the Summit League. The Coyotes are 15-5 overall, 6-0 in the Summit League.
    The Jacks have seven consecutive home wins including Saturday's 84-48 win over Western Illinois, a game in which Macy Miller had a career high of 31 points on 11 of 18 shooting from the field. Going back to last season, the Jackrabbits have won 10 of the last 13 games against conference opponents.

The game is the 83rd meeting between the Jackrabbits and Coyotes. SDSU leads the series 56-26 and is 29-9 in Frost vs. USD.

Of course, WNAX 570 AM will carry the game and the game will be televised on Midco Sports Network.

Re: GDT: USD at SDSU 1/25/18

The Showdown continues tonight in Brookings. It would be a great day to deliver the yotes a stinging loss. The teams come with many similar qualities in the FG %, turnovers, assists, and points per game for offense and defense. The most obvious difference is rebounds where the Jackrabbits have a better history. It is likely that Selland will be sidelined for this contest. I am not aware of any recent yote injuries. The 2 undefeated WBB teams should bring a great game. Jackrabbit defense at home should be the winning combination and push the Jackrabbits to solo first place status. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

If Selling was playing, I'd feel really good about the Jacks winning. I don't think she will play so things are more up in the air.
      SDSU has struggled to shoot in the first half in their last few games. They can overcome that most of the time because they are just the better team. If they start out slow against USD, they might not be able to pull it out.
      I know there are other players on both teams that will be a factor but it will be interesting to see Maci and Maddy versus Duffy and Arens. After watching Mooney and Daum (to a lesser extent) step up last night, will that happen in the game tonight? Who will be the Simpson or Peterson in this game? USD has Bradley, Trimboli, Tylee or Tagyn.
      I think the Jack pull it out by 78-72.

Comment

Welp.

Comment

I only saw the last 12 minutes but bunnies continue to be a problem for our women. I bet we missed 4 or 5 inside buckets in that span. This has been a problem for quite some time. I don't know how we remedy it. Neither does AJ apparently.
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Out-worked from start to finish. Had no answer for USD's defense.

Comment

Just win in Sioux Falls. All else doesn’t matter.

Comment

better team won tonight. still think aj has to find a top notch post player. achilles heal.

Comment

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
                  better team won tonight. still think aj has to find a top notch post player. achilles heal.
                  I agree, but I think we have one, she was just hurt.

Comment

USD had 20 points off of turnovers. SDSU had 2 points off of turnovers. USD was far more aggressive than SDSU. I wish our ladies would play a little pissed once in awhile. Can't wait for Selland to heal because she adds an important dimension to this team.

Comment

According to the postgame on radio, it does not sound hopeful for Myah to return next week. I am not certain that she is the designated player to move to the post. She may fill in as a spot player there and spend more of her time 2 through 4 spots.
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
                        USD had 20 points off of turnovers. SDSU had 2 points off of turnovers. USD was far more aggressive than SDSU. I wish our ladies would play a little pissed once in awhile. Can't wait for Selland to heal because she adds an important dimension to this team.
                        Both of the Coyote teams came to games this week with the intention of playing a hard 40 minutes of basketball. It is without a doubt the Jackrabbits will need to turn up the intensity to compete. The women started to find that success in the 4th quarter and it was a bit too little too late situation.

Comment

O
                          Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                          According to the postgame on radio, it does not sound hopeful for Myah to return next week. I am not certain that she is the designated player to move to the post. She may fill in as a spot player there and spend more of her time 2 through 4 spots.
                          She might not be a "true" 100% type of a post player right now but she is definitely a better option than at least one of them we have playing there now.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                            I agree, but I think we have one, she was just hurt.
                            Selland is a very good, with the potential to be a great player. But I don't see her as a true post. We need an Ober-like post that will protect the basket and provide some toughness and rebounding

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                              I don't think the exact nature of her injury has ever been revealed, but it seems a stress fracture is more than likely the problem. If that's the case, it may be best to not bring her back too soon. Having her back full strength for the last week or two of the regular season and Sioux Falls might be a best case scenario.

Comment

Working...
                              X