Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: NDSU Bison @ SDSU Jackrabbits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1Od1Bvf2Do
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I had a good friend with direct knowledge tell me that Tiffaney Flaata's knee injury is such that if she plays and re injures it she would have problems the rest of her life so she is done for the year and will not play anymore. As for next year Addison Hirschman from Kingsley Iowa and Jordan Ferrand of White Bear Lake in the cities should bring good help, Ferrand especially. She is a three star recruit that turned down USD, Missouri State, DePaul and Wake Forest and is reported to be a capable three point shooter. This would allow Selland to play other positions.

Comment

Tiffaney talked to us in the parking lot after a game early December and thought she would be in action several weeks ago. The young woman will go out with a masters degree and memories of the Jackrabbit basketball team. The roster has shown improvement over the years with quality student athletes. That makes us all Happy Jacks.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I have a good friend with direct knowledge tell me that Tiffaney Flaata's knee injury is such that if she plays and re-injures it she will have problems the rest of her life. So she is done for the year and will not play anymore. As for next year Addison Hirschman from Kingsley Iowa and Jordan Ferrand of White Bear Lake should bring good help, Ferrand especially. She is a three star recruit that turned down USD, Missouri State, DePaul and Wake Forest and is reported to be a good three point shooter. She was the last on in that class to verbal. To quote Nick Storm her Minnesota Fury club team director, "Jordan's versatility to shoot the three and create off the dribble at 6' 2" makes her a perfect fit for SDSU's motion offense.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
            The points in the paint were tied at 20 to 20 at the half. But, I really do wish we had more post presence, and I would hope it all wouldn't have to come from an undersized for a 5 pos , 6 ft 1" player who's used to playing the 4.We get more height next year and hopefully we can get Bultsma , Sellend ,Larson, maybe Flaata to chip in and help out a little more too....they are all taller than Ellie is.Getting rebounds is just about as Important as scoring,and playing tough defense,we can get more of that too.Ober didn't get a lot of points all the time either,but she was a force to reckon with for sure.Larson does a lot, I sure was wrong about her,I now think Iowa's Bluder 's an idiot for not developing a very good player.

I was kind of hoping we'd land 6' 2" F Ashtyn Veerbeek of Hull,Ia, practically in Sioux Falls back yard, just 53 mi away, thought we might of had a good shot at her. She's a 5 star recruit and she chose Amy Williams at UNL. I envisioned her and Sellend running up and down the court together tearing up the competition, She'll do well at Neb, and we are getting in good recruits too, so was not meant to be but far from a gloomy outlook for all concerned.
            have to respectfully disagree with your statement---and not trying to take anything away from Tagyn as a player. imo, i just don't think she would have seen much playing time at Iowa. they have one of the best post players in the country with gustafson. coley, stewart, and ollinger were going to get the bulk of minutes. Tagyn may have been able to battle ollinger for minutes, but, i just don't think Tagyn would have seen the floor nearly as much as she does at sdsu. i think Tagyn made a wise decision to come to the summit and sdsu. it is a much better fit and has allowed her much more playing time therefore developing her game. just don't believe it was going to happen at iowa. her build is a little more conducive to the summit than the big ten.

still would like to see sdsu find that true post player that can move people around underneath.

Comment

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
              have to respectfully disagree with your statement---and not trying to take anything away from Tagyn as a player. imo, i just don't think she would have seen much playing time at Iowa. they have one of the best post players in the country with gustafson. coley, stewart, and ollinger were going to get the bulk of minutes. Tagyn may have been able to battle ollinger for minutes, but, i just don't think Tagyn would have seen the floor nearly as much as she does at sdsu. i think Tagyn made a wise decision to come to the summit and sdsu. it is a much better fit and has allowed her much more playing time therefore developing her game. just don't believe it was going to happen at iowa. her build is a little more conducive to the summit than the big ten.

still would like to see sdsu find that true post player that can move people around underneath.
              True ,all of what you say, I just mentioned that I was wrong thinking that Tagyn wouldn't be a good recruit for SDSU in earlier posts, just thought I'd say I was wrong about that because I admittedly based that decision on Bluder not playing her, that was a pretty shortsighted assessment made on my part.

Comment

Tagyn has really been playing well lately. Early in the year she didn't look like she belonged on the court. I suspect being away from the game and adjusting to playing on a new team takes some time. Recently she has been completely outplaying Ellie and will make the loss of Thompson next year hurt much less. While Tagyn isn't as physical as Ober, she does actually provide a shot blocking presence that is good to have down low. Early in the season she was getting in foul trouble, so I think she is starting to figure out how to play defense and provide the shot blocking without getting into foul trouble. I think she will be a very strong contributor moving forward.

As for Flaata that really is too bad. I was wondering if she was going to try and sit out this year and get a 6th based off not dressing for the last home game. It's unfortunate for her that her career ended this way. Sounds like she has a bright future in life so congrats to her.

As for the start of conference season, getting 2 20+ points wins is obviously a good thing. Unfortunately, we were in either a close game or behind at the half to 2 teams who appear to be battling the bottom of the league, and this happened at home. I don't really know what is says about NDSU that they were able to shoot around 70% for a half and were still behind... I'm concerned that we aren't coming out with defensive intensity and letting teams hang around. That could certainly bite us, especially when we go on the road. We have the talent to bury this league, but we need to bring our game on the road and stop losing games we shouldn't lose if we want to actually win the regular season crown.

Comment

Even in our 2008-2009 season when we finished the regular season at 28-2,our first season being NCAA tournament eligible and probably our best team ever for consistently winning in our short Div-1 era, we lost one of those two regular season games in conference to a good Oakland team. It's not that we didn't play anyone either, as we won against Missouri, Wisconsin, Utah, Oregon, Illinois, Minnesota, Gonzaga, Montana (very good that year) and UNI,we lost to ranked Maryland. We actually lost to the #2 seed Baylor team by just two and we lost to our conference rival Oakland that season by 16. That just goes to show you how much a conference team can get up for big games in the conference, or how lackadaisical a team will get, or a combination of both.
                  Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-10-2018, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X