Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There’s an excellent Twitter follow- has a list of available transfers still available …
    https://wbbblog.com/womens-basketbal...s-d-i-2022-23/

Comment

• https://wbbblog.com/uncommitted-wome...rly-june-2023/

Comment

• Couple Gophers players on this list. I like our team this next year but a grad transfer or two from Minnesota wouldn’t hurt us at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Twelve seems like a low number going into the season, especially when three of those haven't played a minute of college ball, and a couple more have very little experience.
          12 might be 11...hearing of a potential significant injury to a starter.

"Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

• Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
            12 might be 11...hearing of a potential significant injury to a starter.

I noticed in the Twitter pictures from their meet and greet in Sioux Falls last weekend that they were one player short.

Comment

I noticed in the Twitter pictures from their meet and greet in Sioux Falls last weekend that they were one player short.
              I see she was back in the team pictures at youth camp today. I would think that is a good sign?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post

I see she was back in the team pictures at youth camp today. I would think that is a good sign?
                There are many possible reasons to miss an event like that . Probably wise not to read anything into it.

Comment

Hottinger to Marquette.
                  Just saw in a Twin Cities paper that Hottinger is getting $26,000 in NIL money from Marquette.

Comment

• McFeely: NDSU, SDSU presidents deny report they are seeking spots in Mountain West

​​​​​​https://www.siouxfallslive.com/sport...IDFaRqeAfROGWw

Comment

• What do people think of this? Bisonville has like a 2000 page thread discussing moving to FBS, we mention it occasionally. I am not opposed to it if the situation is right. I think the Mountain West would fun, but I am concerned about the late start times for games (basketball). IIRC, that was a big issue for UND when they were in the Big Sky. If president Dunn announced that SDSU was moving to the Mountain West for all sports. What would your reaction be? What if it was a football only invite?
                      One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

• Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                        What do people think of this? Bisonville has like a 2000 page thread discussing moving to FBS, we mention it occasionally. I am not opposed to it if the situation is right. I think the Mountain West would fun, but I am concerned about the late start times for games (basketball). IIRC, that was a big issue for UND when they were in the Big Sky. If president Dunn announced that SDSU was moving to the Mountain West for all sports. What would your reaction be? What if it was a football only invite?
                        I'd echo Stig and counsel patience and hope that realignment results in a regional conference comprised of current MVFC teams plus Wyoming and a few other current FBS teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                          What do people think of this? Bisonville has like a 2000 page thread discussing moving to FBS, we mention it occasionally. I am not opposed to it if the situation is right. I think the Mountain West would fun, but I am concerned about the late start times for games (basketball). IIRC, that was a big issue for UND when they were in the Big Sky. If president Dunn announced that SDSU was moving to the Mountain West for all sports. What would your reaction be? What if it was a football only invite?
                          For basketball, especially women's, we need a different conference. We (along with USD women and NDSU men) have dominated the conference. The rest of the conference just doesn't compete on a consistent basis. I think our basketball teams can compete in the MW.

I hate the idea of FBS in football. Playing to get into a no name bowl game doesn't appeal to me. That being said FCS is a shell of what it was even when we made the jump. I have to imagine at some point the current FBS will split and being in FBS at that time will be important to get in on that split.

Comment

• How much more will SDSU charge for tickets if they go FBS? If they move up a division, they will probably charge more. I know some people don't get season tickets anymore because of cost. Attendance is at all time high because SDSU is winning. How many fans will show up if they are not as dominate? They will still play NDSU but how many teams will be "must-see" games?
                            It seems 90% of fans want to cheer for winners. It does not matter who you are.

I would prefer FBS over DII and non-scholarship but that would change SDSU's scheduling, too. They probably will not see six home games a year, most years. I'm not saying that that is a bad thing though.

Comment

• Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                              How much more will SDSU charge for tickets if they go FBS? If they move up a division, they will probably charge more. I know some people don't get season tickets anymore because of cost. Attendance is at all time high because SDSU is winning. How many fans will show up if they are not as dominate? They will still play NDSU but how many teams will be "must-see" games?
                              It seems 90% of fans want to cheer for winners. It does not matter who you are.

I would prefer FBS over DII and non-scholarship but that would change SDSU's scheduling, too. They probably will not see six home games a year, most years. I'm not saying that that is a bad thing though.
                              Going from 63 to 85 scholarships means ticket prices will have to go up.

Comment

• Seems to be a big drift accumulating for July.

Comment

Working...
                                X