GDT: Jackrabbits @ Lady Jags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Lady Jacks @ Lady Jags

what next??.....on to the next challenge I suppose....wherever that takes us

Comment

ya, heard that to...can't really blame him for lobbying ,very gracious of Austin in his comments

Comment

Hope the Summit as a whole,does really well this post season.

Comment

Credit to IUPUI, they played great defensively. SDSU had their chances, and came up empty.

SDSU is still a top notch program, and this team had a nice season.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
            FWIW, Parkinson lobbied for SDSU to get an at-large berth in his comments to Midco
            We might get one if IUPUI wins tomorrow.

Comment

I always thought that the SDSU Jackrabbits were probably the best choice to represent the Summit League in the NCAA tournament,and early on,I was probably correct in that assumption.This year ,albeit w/out Macy and with the improvement of the other teams in the League,I'd have to re-evaluate that assumption.After this tournament,maybe the page has turned.Not to say we won't be right back at it next year to re-claim our place as the #1 team in the Summit,but now we have to forget history and continue to strive to be the best we can in lieu this years SLT results,for our seniors and to further develop the potential of our under classmen for our future teams.Here's to continued success for us going on,and well wishes for the eventual SLT Champion in the NCAA tournament.

Comment

Honestly in the end it's probably good for the league for us to not win the SLT once in a while. Hell, if the winner goes and upsets someone it could go a long ways towards the argument of the league getting a second bid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                    Honestly in the end it's probably good for the league for us to not win the SLT once in a while. Hell, if the winner goes and upsets someone it could go a long ways towards the argument of the league getting a second bid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Exactly what I was thinking. Showcases that it just isn't SDSU and USD in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
                      Exactly what I was thinking. Showcases that it just isn't SDSU and USD in the league.
                      When you have 4 really good teams the big challenge now is to make sure the 3 that don't go ncaa go wnit hopefully and have a deep run in it. Build the conference profile even though we aren't going ncaa. That just feels weird to say. Gonna be weird at the women's game with out a SD school. Been awhile since that happened.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

We lost to a very good team that is well built for just that type of high pressure tournament game. Their defense was suffocating. Ours was just about as good.

On to whatever else this season might bring and big time optimism about the squad we'll have on the court at the Premiere Center next year.

Comment

I was disappointed the Jacks played as much zone as they did. The Jags moved the ball well and got a lot of open looks from the elbow area as well as 3 pointers.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            I was disappointed the Jacks played as much zone as they did. The Jags moved the ball well and got a lot of opens looks from the elbow area as well as 3 pointers.
                            I thought that was weird too. Felt like we just didn't have the energy. Not going as hard and intense as they usually do. Didn't play like they can. But still had a chance to win it. Last year we almost made sweet 16 and said Wait till next year. But looking forward. I can't wait for next year. Should be something special.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I was disappointed the Jacks played as much zone as they did. The Jags moved the ball well and got a lot of open looks from the elbow area as well as 3 pointers.
                              The zone didn't help our rebounding any,everyone of our rebounders were way under the bucket and the ball went sailing over their heads a lot,as most three point shot rebounds go long.I'm a little disappointed in the outcome and especially the poor shot we took at the end of regulation for the win,but we can't win em all,even though we try our hardest to.Looking forward to the rest of this year if we are so fortunate to be able to play on,and what has already been mentioned,mainly how good we should be for next year.At least the men's team made it to the Championship game,so there's still the possibility of watching the Jacks in the NCAA tournament,or if we get an at-large for the WBB team (pretty much doubtful we do)

Comment

They were killing us with penetration. Had to go to the zone.
                                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X