GDT:Jackrabbits vs Mastodons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT:Jackrabbits vs Mastodons

Coach Paul is gone and Niecee Nelson leads the Lady Mastodons into Frost Arena. The only victory by the Mastodons was an overtime victory in 2011 in Frost. The series is 27-1. There is no reason we should see a change in that trend tonight. Although, the bison women throttled the yote women last night and the Jackrabbits should not look past this game. The Mastodons shoot about 38% from the field and 28% from 3 point land. They do shoot 78.5% from the free throw line. They will turn the ball over about 19 times per game while averaging 56.5 points per game. The mastodons will bring a smaller line up than many. There will be a couple freshmen and sophomores who are the leading scorers mixed in with seniors for this team. This could be a game to find experience and time for bench players. No upset today as Jackrabbits roll. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT:Jackrabbits vs Mastodons

This game will also be the first time for most us to see a short-handed Jacks team in person. No Clarissa or Macy will make things interesting, although I do fully expect a win. I want to see how the team is adjusting to missing the top two players and hopefully see this make the team stronger in the long run.
    Rollin' in my 5.0
    With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
    Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Three games in the friendly confines of Frost Arena will get us closer to the time Clarissa is 100%.

Comment

We need more practice at grabbing a rebound ,case in point,tapping it to a IPFW player instead of just grabbing the ball and controlling the rebound,controlling the rebound much more prominent in the men's game,just can't get used to that in the women's game.Minor point I know.15-14 IPFW.Not off to a good start.Basics ,small things, add up in a 40 min game.

Comment

We are subbing pretty liberally though.Good experience....17-16 IPFW
          after a quarter.

Comment

Seems we are able to drive on them all game,gotta finish it though.25-24 IPFW

Comment

Pretty ragged pace,favors a smaller quicker team,we are better 1/2 court offense I think.28-25 SDSU.IPFW hanging around pretty good.

Comment

Not perfect,but going in to the half ahead 38-31.

Comment

Any TV or espn3 options for it?
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Not an insurmountable lead,but a little bit of a cushion to go on.

Comment

The Jacks have a nice trapping defense , a little to slow anticipating the pass out of it,but if we can perfect that and add it to our arsenal,we will be that much more of a diverse defense to contend with.

Comment

The way the ref's are calling them,it favors the offensive player driving to the hoop ,creating contact and throwing up anything resembling a shot,automatic foul
                        .46-40 SDSU
                        Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-05-2017, 08:23 PM.

Comment

End of 3rd Qtr ,58-45 Jacks

Comment

Firing on all cylinders now....73 -48 Jacks

Comment

Look'n pretty good.Jacks win 73-51

Comment

Working...
                              X