GDT:Jackrabbits @ NDSU Bison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT:Jackrabbits @ NDSU Bison

The bison are 2-11. They have wins against Dickinson St and Minot St. Thunstedt is still the main player for the bison. She averages 16+ per game. Control her and the young bison will have problems. There are a couple of other upperclassmen, but Thunstedt is the offense. She has taken about 50% of the 3 point shots at 42% efficiency. Spier and Jones will take their shots in closer. Neither of those players has attempted a long shot. They both average 7.5 boards as well. AJ Jacobson sister, guard Sarah(fr), comes in as 40% shooter averaging 9 points. The Jackrabbits should be able to do what 11 other teams have done this year and hand the bison a loss. This is the first conference game for the women at the newly remodeled Scheel's Center. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT:Jackrabbits @ NDSU Bison

Um. Bison lead 63-62 with 3 min left. Ober has not played

Comment

Gritty win for the Jacks,69-66

Comment

There aren't going to be any "easy" games this yr, us pulling out a tough win,USD tested by Denver,ORU nipping Omaha by 2.

Comment

Jacks need to get Ober back sooner rather than later. Thompson is not nearly as effective playing the 5 - the Bison posts kind of dominated the paint. Flaata has no offensive game - hard to imagine only taking one shot and getting one rebound in 21 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            Jacks need to get Ober back sooner rather than later. Thompson is not nearly as effective playing the 5 - the Bison posts kind of dominated the paint. Flaata has no offensive game - hard to imagine only taking one shot and getting one rebound in 21 minutes.
            Jacks had to switch from man to man to a zone defense because it seemed the Bison were getting offensive rebounds and put back buckets at will.We defend the initial shot well,but it's all for naught when they put it right back in the hoop.The zone seemed to cure that because they couldn't penetrate it.It was a gritty win and they worked hard for it,so all ends well.Slap on the back and a "job well done".

Comment

I hope Ober gets back soon, but well done, Jacks. Road wins are always good. Well done.
              This space for lease.

Comment

I see a .500 - .750 conference record and a 3 seed as the best possible outcome for this years time minus Macy Miller. Gritty win last night against a Bison team that is not very good.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  Ober needs to come back but if she needs another week or so I'd give it to her so she can make it to the end of the season.

I do have to give Lexi props. She only scored 4 points in 26 minutes but she probably played one of her better games. She had 5 rebounds, 6 assists, 1 steal and ONLY 1 TURNOVER. It would be nice if she could have those numbers but average around 10 points and shoot better than 40%(this game) from the floor. That would make her a solid number 4 until Ober comes back.

Right now it looks like SDSU needs 50+ points from their big 3. We only have 1+ games to go off of but I think Thompson and Young might be hit and miss. If two of those three are off, it could be a long night. We just don't have much depth on the team.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                    Ober needs to come back but if she needs another week or so I'd give it to her so she can make it to the end of the season.

I do have to give Lexi props. She only scored 4 points in 26 minutes but she probably played one of her better games. She had 5 rebounds, 6 assists, 1 steal and ONLY 1 TURNOVER. It would be nice if she could have those numbers but average around 10 points and shoot better than 40%(this game) from the floor. That would make her a solid number 4 until Ober comes back.

Right now it looks like SDSU needs 50+ points from their big 3. We only have 1+ games to go off of but I think Thompson and Young might be hit and miss. If two of those three are off, it could be a long night. We just don't have much depth on the team.
                    We need more bench scoring,here's their chance to make a statement.Has to come from the flow of the offense though,nothing too forced.Our big three will probably continue to take most of the shots,but if a bench player or two get hot,by all means keep it up.

Comment

All the upper half teams,with the exception of W. Ill, had to battle against the so called cellar dwellers (not Omaha). IUPUI played a non-conference game. Road games will be tough, no matter who we play. You could be right on tour prediction of what percentage of games we will win in the conference season.... .750 is 4 losses,don't see us losing 8 ,i.e.,finishing .500 though.... hope we do better, but this will be a tough yr, especially with all the injuries.

Comment

I watched the replay. After the first quarter, Alexander seemed to settle back into defense. She was driven on quite a few times early that resulted in scores. Alexander has also recognized the time she can drive to the basket and not have defensive pressure collapse on her for the block. Tracy handles the ball well when the offense is running quicker transition. She should bring some offense on the drive as she settles into the game speed. She seems to play good defense. Bultsma's minutes in the 2nd quarter were OK outside of turnovers. She will need to get her turnaround jump shot smoothed out and it will be a difficult move to defense. Thompson had one of her worst nights at the free throw line. She was 2-8 while Alexander was 0-2. Young and Guebert seemed able to carry the load on scoring. A tough road win where the bison were playing one of their better games of the year.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                          I see a .500 - .750 conference record and a 3 seed as the best possible outcome for this years time minus Macy Miller. Gritty win last night against a Bison team that is not very good.
                          What do you think USD will finish? I'm assuming you have them ahead of us. They had tough game against a 3-11 Denver team IN vermillion.

This was only the second game without Macy and we were without ober as well. It will probably take a couple games to get used to playing without Macy. Obviously this won't be the season it could've been. I think we should still be one of the top 2 teams in the conference with a real chance of going to the NCAA tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post
                            What do you think USD will finish? I'm assuming you have them ahead of us. They had tough game against a 3-11 Denver team IN vermillion.

This was only the second game without Macy and we were without ober as well. It will probably take a couple games to get used to playing without Macy. Obviously this won't be the season it could've been. I think we should still be one of the top 2 teams in the conference with a real chance of going to the NCAA tournament.
                            I think at this point, given the situation with Clarissa's injury and Macy being out for the season, USD will finish even with or ahead of the Jacks. I don't see them finishing worse then 3rd. I just don't know enough about ORU, WIU, IUPUI, IPFW to comment. Omaha was playing well at the end of last year.

It's okay not to be the top 1 or 2 seed. In the end it's all about playing your best in S Falls for 3 games. Will be that way for the foreseeable future. When Ober gets healthy and if some of the others mature in her and Macy's absence then a trip to the NCAA is definitely in the cards. I see no other reason to expect anything else.

I don't expect a 13-3 conference record and a top seed. I think that's unrealistic.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

At his time, ORU is the sleeper in the conference. Of course, it will be hard for anyone to win at IUPUI; the Golden Eagles seem to have more athletic players than other years. They have a couple of impressive OOC wins lately. I saw them beat Arkansas after getting pounded by Arizona St. Their post will be hard for anyone to contain. They also have some decent shooters/ball handlers. 4 losses for anyone for the conference title could be true.

Comment

Working...
                              X