Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT:SDSU @ Louisville

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    Take a look at your non-conference schedule and record last year. That's where you gotta get it done. Dominating Summit teams isn't enough. You have to do that and have a good OOC schedule and dominate it as well. The margin for error is slim. Like 2-3 losses total slim. Not 6.
    I get that, I just don't agree with you (and I'm sure there are Jacks fans that would agree with me) saying last year's win the the title game wasn't an upset.

Comment

The at-large bid unicorn has already escaped the Summit for this year. USD has a shiny record but has only beat one team that has a winning record (SFA). Their one chance at a noticeable win came and left with Arkansas. IUPUI has a better resume with a very good win over Missouri, but they'd have to go undefeated until the title title game to get it done. Very unlikely. SDSU still does not have a bad loss (for now) but we also don't have a big win. I'm pretty confident that all three of these teams are going to pick up at least a couple more losses. Maybe next year.....

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
        The at-large bid unicorn has already escaped the Summit for this year. USD has a shiny record but has only beat one team that has a winning record (SFA). Their one chance at a noticeable win came and left with Arkansas. IUPUI has a better resume with a very good win over Missouri, but they'd have to go undefeated until the title title game to get it done. Very unlikely. SDSU still does not have a bad loss (for now) but we also don't have a big win. I'm pretty confident that all three of these teams are going to pick up at least a couple more losses. Maybe next year.....
        This is true,no one from the Summit League has done enough to merit an at-large bid from a very stingy sometimes NCAA Tournament selection committee process.If IUPUI had one more win like Missouri,it could even be a closer game ,over a big name team ,then yes,there'd be s strong possibility IMO they'd get an at- large.Even then,it'd be up to the whims of the selection committee.That's why there's so much drama on selection day when they're all finally announced.So much elation and a collective sigh of relief for those selected,so much heartbreak from those that aren't.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
          I agree with MontanaRabbit on this one,it was even talked about on this very forum how the '08-'09 Wbb team would surely get in the NCAA tournament being a ranked team and with their resume (sp?) and all,if we didn't win the SLT. We were considered a shoo -in.That's two in one year if we didn't win the auto-bid,that's multi tournament bids in my book. I remember someone even joked about us losing on purpose so that the Summit League would get two teams into the NCAA Tournament that yr. Teams are selected based on their own merit ,not conference affiliation,you have to be a worthy team for selection is the only criteria that must be met. Although , it's kind of arbitrary as to who the "selection committee deems worthy" sometimes,I'll admit that.I'd have to look it up,if I could find it again,but I thought I read somewhere where there's only been like 1 or 2 times a ranked team didn't get into the NCAA Tournament.A very,very rare occurence.
          I agree as well. Someday scientists will figure out how to breed a Andes Condor with an American Yorkshire...perhaps an SDSU grad will figure it out.
          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
            An at large aint happening this year. At the beginning of the year I thought we had a chance to put together a worthy resume but we needed to win 2/3 betweeb Louisville/Oklahoma/Green Bay and lose two more games max.

That obviously is not happening this year.

I see us losing at least two more without Macy.

Comment

Originally posted by FeaRed View Post
              I get that, I just don't agree with you (and I'm sure there are Jacks fans that would agree with me) saying last year's win the the title game wasn't an upset.
              I can't remember for sure but I think our resumes (rpi, etc) were similar and ours was maybe even better. I feel like last year USD and SDSU were extremely close. I wouldn't consider either one beating the other much of an upset.

You were very very good but I think the difference between the two teams was small.

Comment

Working...
              X