Miller out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Miller out.

We also need to assume that Macy will want to take another year if the medical redshirt is approved. It would not be the first athlete that wants to move forward with their life if the education is complete.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

The press release says she will apply for the extra season, so she must be on board with that. I guess she could re-think things for a variety of reasons, but if she gets back to pre-injury form it's hard to believe that she wouldn't come back for the extra year.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
        The college scholarship meme is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. A small percentage of high school athletes will receive a full scholarship. The money spent on AAU, travel, etc. is insane and in 90% of cases wasted.

Kids should play multiple sports. I live in western Colorado. We have a young woman who just won a bronze medal in the Olympics (steeple chase). She ran in high school but also played basketball, volleyball and soccer. She was interviewed just last week stating that the reason she is who she is was partly due to her playing multiple sports. Money drives AAU. Parents drive AAU. It is absolutely out of control and hurting kids.

Back on topic. Macy being able to get a medial will be huge. Had this happened mid-year it would really suck much worse. That would give her two years and beginning next season, we will be stacked. And the time on the floor and experience some will gain this year minus Macy will benefit this program. A silver lining in a bad situation.
        I totally agree with you. Players (kids) and parents are misguided by AAU programs & basketball training facilities.

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post
          I totally agree with you. Players (kids) and parents are misguided by AAU programs & basketball training facilities.

Go Rabbits!
          Lot of wear and tear on the young body. There's a reason the marathon is not recommended for those under 18. Nothing wrong with high expectations for a child athlete, but that has to be tempered with the reality that most by far will not successfully progress with their sport and missed out on camaraderie of the neighborhood kids.
          Like the figure skater who was driven 100 miles a day for 10 years, because there was no local coach who was good enough, only to catch an edge and not make it out of local competition.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
            If I recall, she had some knee issues in high school, correct? I assume this is the same knee?
            No, it was the other knee

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
              No, it was the other knee
              So two silver lining situations here:

1. If she (or anyone for that matter) is going to blow out a knee - best to do it now.
              2. Glad it is the other knee. I would think that is a better situation than the alternative!

Comment

SDSU's game against BGSU is canceled for tomorrow. Does this hurt Macy's chances of a redshirt?

Comment

Brad Newitt just tweeted that it will not affect it since it was a previously scheduled game and it will count toward the season total. She'll still meet the criteria.

Comment

Working...
                  X