#1 Green Bay Phoenix at #2 SDSU Jackrabbits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #1 Green Bay Phoenix at #2 SDSU Jackrabbits

From the ESPNW's top Mid-Major http://www.espn.com/womens-college-b...major-rankings out Tues. :
    Graham Hays:

You thought we were done talking about a showdown between No. 1 and No. 2 in women's college basketball? Not so fast. We are just getting started.

A national television audience won't get to watch when Green Bay and South Dakota State meet in Brookings, South Dakota, on Friday. But it is a showcase for perhaps two of the three programs, along with Gonzaga, that come closest to a mid-major approximation of Connecticut's and Notre Dame's ability to maintain a standard of excellence year after year and recruiting class after recruiting class.

You can't get more out of a basketball program than the Phoenix and Jackrabbits do on an annual basis.

Rabid says: So start your weekend off right by getting out and backing Jacks tonight in the World's Biggest Rabbit Den! If not, catch it on ESPN3, or Midco.

Re: #1 Green Bay Phoenix at #2 SDSU Jackrabbits

I don't see it listed on ESPN3
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Not seeing that it is on Midco.
      http://www.gojacks.com/news/2016/12/...up-friday.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
        From the ESPNW's top Mid-Major http://www.espn.com/womens-college-b...major-rankings out Tues. :
        Graham Hays:

You thought we were done talking about a showdown between No. 1 and No. 2 in women's college basketball? Not so fast. We are just getting started.

A national television audience won't get to watch when Green Bay and South Dakota State meet in Brookings, South Dakota, on Friday. But it is a showcase for perhaps two of the three programs, along with Gonzaga, that come closest to a mid-major approximation of Connecticut's and Notre Dame's ability to maintain a standard of excellence year after year and recruiting class after recruiting class.

You can't get more out of a basketball program than the Phoenix and Jackrabbits do on an annual basis.

Rabid says: So start your weekend off right by getting out and backing Jacks tonight in the World's Biggest Rabbit Den! If not, catch it on ESPN3, or Midco.

My mistake. No ESPN3 or Midco. Time to enjoy your GoJacks.com subscription if wish to watch game!

Comment

If not #1, Green Bay is probably the second-best team we are going to face this season. Take a look at their wins, only one has been by single digits and (Belmont) and most are by 15+. They were just two shots away from knocking off Notre Dame in South Bend. Their RPI is #6 and Sagarin has them at #13. This is certainly a team that belongs in the top-25 rankings. Beating them definitely won't be easy but it would sure look good on the resume.

Comment

Either team is certainly capable to beat the other.It has been that way recently anyway.Hope it's our turn this year.

Comment

I honestly think ESPN and other sports channels are missing out on a great opportunity. When mid-majors think of powerhouses, these are the teams they think of and have nightmares about. These are two top teams going up against each other and expected to put together a great game. I'm honestly surprised to see Midco show a UND hockey game instead of this game because of the match-up.
              Rollin' in my 5.0
              With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
              Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                I honestly think ESPN and other sports channels are missing out on a great opportunity. When mid-majors think of powerhouses, these are the teams they think of and have nightmares about. These are two top teams going up against each other and expected to put together a great game. I'm honestly surprised to see Midco show a UND hockey game instead of this game because of the match-up.
                It is surprising to me too,have to wonder how far in advance they put their schedule together.I don't think they'd change it,after it's been made public.On the bright side, maybe GoJacks can pick up some more $$ if some National viewers are interested enough to pay them to watch since we are the only show in town to provide video.Wonder how many times a #1 vs #2 game has occured in the mid-major poll,certainly somewhat of a rarity I'd assume.

Comment

I think it has less to do with their schedules and more to do with ESPN's lack of interest in WBB.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                    I think it has less to do with their schedules and more to do with ESPN's lack of interest in WBB.
                    Except UConn, of course.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Steve and Jerry on the call. Music to my ears. What a treat.

Comment

I drove two hours solo to catch this one in person. Hope the Jacks heat up and the snow slows down before it's time to head back!

Comment

No espn3?
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                            Except UConn, of course.
                            It helps that not only is UConn dominant, but they are in ESPN's backyard

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                              No espn3?
                              Don't see it there or on GoJacks...

Comment

Working...
                              X