Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DWU Exhibition

Jacks 78, DWU 45

Waaayyyyy too much firepower coming from too many sources for DWU.

Macy had 16. Ellie And Maddie each had 13.

Re: DWU Exhibition

DWU is good, listed as 3rd in their division in the country I think. As for the game they led at one point and put up 18 in the 1st to the Jacks 20. Once the Jacks got settled in it was over. The Jacks defense took over and despite some scoring lapses for the offence held the Tigers to 10, 9 and 8 per quarter while out scoring them for the final margin. Jacks offense was spurty. Put together some good runs and had some long droughts. Good final contest to prepare for Creighton.

Comment

I'm assuming coach J. must have said something about defensive intensity in the huddle after the 1st quarter because after that DWU really didn't look like they could threaten us with anyone they put out there. We missed plenty of open shots and layups, but felt there was a much better flow offensively than the first game.

It's seeing how the Jacks use the preseason to get ready for the regular season that really makes me question teams like Denver who refuse to schedule non-D1 opponents. I am against that for the regular season, but why not have a couple of games against different jerseys as a warm up before hitting the regular season? I have no doubt that this DWU team could play with / beat the bottom third of the Summit this year...

Comment

We are getting a look at Macy on the wing. She seems to be able to make a drive to the bucket when she wanted. Tracy did not play as much as the first game and she played her minutes later in the game.. Bultsma was also fewer minutes and later in the game. I would agree that the defense flexed by the Jackrabbits stopped any serious threats from DWU. DWU stayed in the game a little bit by getting some shots to fall late in the shot clock. Next Friday with Creighton as an opening game will test the women early. WBB OOC schedule is a big test again.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Agree,Creighton's no push over ,they always play hard.Very good first game to test the mettle.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
            Agree,Creighton's no push over ,they always play hard.Very good first game to test the mettle.
            yes, i see creighton took care of business in their exhibition game---winning 90-56
            http://www.omaha.com/creighton/women...903813039.html

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
              Well, considering they are pre-season favorites to win their conference and in the way-to-early-to-tell post season seeding poll they are a projected 7 seed. I think that not only makes them not a push over, they are actually a very very good team. We were barely able to beat them at their place last year, and Janning was out for the season at that point. This is a battle of legitimate top 25 teams. Not a bad start to the out of conference season.

Comment

This has nothing to do with this specific game, but I just want to say again how much I love the 4 quarter format.

Edit: Spelling
                Last edited by SoDakJack; 11-04-2016, 08:17 PM.
                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

WBB weekly
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4LBh_Z39EE
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                  X