Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AJ was at Yankton QB Club Today... here is the write up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AJ was at Yankton QB Club Today... here is the write up...

P&D's Jeremy Hoeck did a Q&A after...

One section I found most interesting...

During your (Quarterback Club) speech, you talked about the potential Frost Arena project, that it was next in line. What’s the next step? What’s the ultimate goal for that project?
    The end game, I think, is to make Frost a modern facility. From restrooms, to seating, to walkways, to access to the facility for everybody, we really need to modernize that place. But the thing I like most about it is that Frost is such a special place in our region. And it’ll still be Frost when it’s done, it’ll just be a better Frost. There aren’t going to be many facilities where you sit so close to the court and you have that kind of atmosphere where 4,000 people can really deafen the place. It’ll end up being Frost, but a much better Frost. And then the practice space; we really need that right now. We’re crunched pretty hard with so many sports using that as a single facility. Everything I’ve seen, looking at what our administration has done with the fieldhouse and the football stadium, has been over the top good. It’s nice that you can stay the heck out of the way because you know they’ll do the same things to Frost and make it special.

The whole story is here...
    http://www.yankton.net/sports/articl...f8e5425cf.html

Re: AJ was at Yankton QB Club Today... here is the write up...

Good article. I liked the dream situation of Sdsu hosting wbb ncaa rounds 1& 2. If Jacks can pull a 30-2 result this season and knock off either Louisvile or Oklahoma, SDSU may get that chance.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
      Good article. I liked the dream situation of Sdsu hosting wbb ncaa rounds 1& 2. If Jacks can pull a 30-2 result this season and knock off either Louisvile or Oklahoma, SDSU may get that chance.
      Would they actually host the first 2 rounds at Frost or would they go to the Premier Center in Sioux Falls? No doubt in my mind that they would sell out the Premier Center if they ended up hosting.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
        Would they actually host the first 2 rounds at Frost or would they go to the Premier Center in Sioux Falls? No doubt in my mind that they would sell out the Premier Center if they ended up hosting.
        I believe all of the first two rounds are played at on-campus sites.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          This is true, but they would certainly be leaving a lot of money on the table by hosting it at frost instead of the denny.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
            This is true, but they would certainly be leaving a lot of money on the table by hosting it at frost instead of the denny.
            SDSU and SD generally is a highly unusual, almost unique case though in the women's basketball world. Just look at the Summit League women's tournament attendance vs. pretty much anybody else in the country.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
              I would suspect good crowds at both places, but the Denny selling out would takes some doing. I would favor the Denny though with renovation of Frost high on the project board.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                You are right,here's an article explaining that

Comment

Would a first round NCAA tournament game (or games) in the Denny count toward playing a "home" game on that court? I seem to recall some sort of restriction against SDSU playing games there? Seems like a dumb question...
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                    Would a first round NCAA tournament game (or games) in the Denny count toward playing a "home" game on that court? I seem to recall some sort of restriction against SDSU playing games there? Seems like a dumb question...
                    The Summit League does not allow the tournament to be played on a home team court, therefore, SDSU can't play "home" games at the Denny. That is strictly a Summit League not an NCAA rule if my understanding is correct. Therefore, The Denny can't be designated as the home court and host and NCAA first round game without losing the Summit League tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                      No. The Summit League restriction is for regular season games in the Denny.

However, it is the NCAA who is pushing the first/second round women's tournament games to campus sites (to increase attendance of the tournament by hook or by crook), so the entire discussion is likely moot.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

if SDSU hosts the first two rounds, Frost would be fire marshal stuffed for the SDSU games, and likely still 3k full for non-SDSU games. Downside is getting to Brookings and hotels if SD weather crops up Blizzard conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                          if SDSU hosts the first two rounds, Frost would be fire marshal stuffed for the SDSU games, and likely still 3k full for non-SDSU games. Downside is getting to Brookings and hotels if SD weather crops up Blizzard conditions.
                          These are real considerations, and the Denny is viable option.

Comment

I don't think it is a viable option. The staff at the Premier Center would have to agree to keep that weekend open without a guarantee of hosting. AJ specifically said it would be in Frost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Working...
                            X