Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tonoia Wade Gone ?

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
    A former player told me a few weeks ago Mieras tore her ACL and is out for the next year. Wade leaving concerns me even more now as we really could've used the depth she would've brought. I trust AJ to make things work but it'll certainly be more of a challenge now.
    Now that you mention that,I did see a photo with Jessica wearing a brace on her leg,at one time I was going to inquire about that...thanks for revealing the reason for the brace....a medical RS I assume,so she won't miss out on any eligibility to play basketball?

Found the picture,it's on WBB for the Jacks on twitter,you'll have to scroll down to where they show players comming back to campus and moving back into their dorm rooms( June 7)...............link: https://twitter.com/GoJacksWBB
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 06-21-2016, 01:13 PM.

Comment

A former player told me a few weeks ago Mieras tore her ACL and is out for the next year. Wade leaving concerns me even more now as we really could've used the depth she would've brought. I trust AJ to make things work but it'll certainly be more of a challenge now.
      This is a pic from June 15. Left leg has some sort of sleeve on it...but no brace or anything???

https://twitter.com/GoJacksWBB/statu...70149319073792
      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
        This is a pic from June 15. Left leg has some sort of sleeve on it...but no brace or anything???

https://twitter.com/GoJacksWBB/statu...70149319073792
        June 7 (on WBB twitter)pic shows the brace on her left leg,a rather large one.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
          June 7 (on WBB twitter)pic shows the brace on her left leg,a rather large one.
          Crap...
          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

I saw Mieras in HyVee the other day and she was hobbled up and had the one leg wrapped up big(and there was some blood stain on the wrap).
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
              I saw Mieras in HyVee the other day and she was hobbled up and had the one leg wrapped up big(and there was some blood stain on the wrap).
              She must have underwent surgery to repair her torn ACL then and the wounds started to bleed a little.She's lost for the season (as GoJacks 2011 has reported to be the case) so she has a long time to rehabilitate and come back strong the following season, hopefully.Can't rush the healing, rehabilitation process on such an injury,I'm sure she's getting the best of care.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                Certainly a blow from a depth stand point...but could very well be addition by subtraction. Wish her the best at her next stop. Outside of the starting 5 and Lexi, there are a lot of question marks. Who's gonna step up and be a consistent contributor? We shall see...
                I agree with the points you've made about people stepping up and how our depth has suddenly been diminished,what with two transfers sitting out ,and a sudden injury and a player leaving.We are down to eleven able bodies.

We shouldn't have much of a problem scoring with our starters in,I believe Macy is somewhere around 980 points after two years playing and Kerrie's right behind at 925.Both should crack 1000 pts early next season. Ober's rock solid at center and will finish her career very close to 1,000 pts if she has a very good season.Both Ellie and Maddie Guebert are on pace to be 1,000 point scorers.That's a lot of offense to throw at people.Our defense was really good too. Lexy's a really good player also,as you've stated.

Graduation will take it's toll after the next couple years,so we have to develop and make sure we have players come up and ready to take over when it's their time to do so. AJ and staff will have them ready,i'm confident in that.

Recruiting excellent players and developing their skills ,strengthening their bodies and instilling confidence in them that they can step up and succeed when it's their time.This is what keeps the machine well oiled, with hardly any loss of momentum. Players who are eager to learn and improve so they can look back with pride ,after having left their mark on the program ,and know that they have been an integral part in the success of it.

I really enjoy watching the maturation process of the players from when they are freshmen to when they are seasoned,well coached veterans who play the game with enthusiasm and with the confidence to succeed against the very best players in the nation.The Fans have a lot of pride in what Jackrabbit players and coaching staff have accomplished throughout the years.They have given us a lot to cheer about and we are thankful for that.Sorry for getting long winded again,but it's easy to do when you talk about the quality of people we are blessed to have at SDSU.
                Last edited by jackdaniel; 06-22-2016, 02:07 AM.

Comment

I agree with the points you've made about people stepping up and how our depth has suddenly been diminished,what with two transfers sitting out ,and a sudden injury and a player leaving.We are down to eleven able bodies.
                  Do we not have 12 available?

Comment

Scoring off the bench was a weakness last season, and it could be an issue again. Hopefully Graettinger can provide good minutes at the 2/3, and the two incoming freshmen will be able to contribute as well. The substitution pattern may have to change to having only one or two bench players on the floor at a time, rather than subbing in three or four at a time. A month ago it appeared that the men might be the team with bench issues, but now they might have more firepower off the bench than the women have.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                      Do we not have 12 available?
                      I may have missed someone....chk'g....yes, it's 12 instead of 11, I miscounted. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                        Scoring off the bench was a weakness last season, and it could be an issue again. Hopefully Graettinger can provide good minutes at the 2/3, and the two incoming freshmen will be able to contribute as well. The substitution pattern may have to change to having only one or two bench players on the floor at a time, rather than subbing in three or four at a time. A month ago it appeared that the men might be the team with bench issues, but now they might have more firepower off the bench than the women have.
                        As I look back, the freshmen have been major contributors each year. This year should be no different with 3 new players on the floor. Graettinger appears to be most likely, but the 2 true freshmen could also provide Ellie Thompson or Lexi Alexander or Clarissa Ober or Chynna Stevens or Kerri Young quality like minutes. The women Jackrabbits are just not as stacked as they may have been had Wade stayed. The WBB did fairly well last year and there was only 8 players with double digit minutes of playing. There are 3 freshmen and 3 returners who will grab the minutes from Gabby and Chloe. This is not a bad problem for the new season.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

According to minutes played last year,after Alexander,the next three are Palmer (So),Flaata (Jr),Mieras (So)Their roles might be expanded.Then there's Chynna (I'm sure she'll play a lot) and Graettinger (who they mentioned would have contributed last year,if it were not for her injuries) .Then Viso,and the true Freshmen recruits Bultsma and Tracy(how fast they develop) Larson will be sitting out do to the transfer rule.

AJ typically develops players quite a bit during the regular and some non-conference games.So,we look pretty good in my opinion.Looking forward to watching all these talented ladies play,should be a fun season.
                          I think this team will be just as deep as last year or maybe a little deeper. We lost 2 seniors and Mieras that played last year. Mieras didn't play much so a combo of Palmer and Flatta can more than make up for her minutes. We did lose two seniors but I think that Graettinger will make up for the loss of one of the seniors and that leaves Bultsma and Tracy to make up for the other one. SDSU always has one freshman step up and I'm sure one will this season, too. Lexi will probably get a few more minutes with another year under her belt. Viso might not play a lot but it won't take much for her to get more playing time than last year either.
                          I think the loss of Wade just moves us from 3 possible all conference post players to two unless Bultsma is the freshman that comes in and lights it up. Either Larson or Stevens could help with depth down low but since they have to redshirt, we aren't real deep down low. We are probably deeper in true post players than we were last year but the change or pace thing we got from Gabby will be missing.
                          If we had Wade we would have more leeway in terms of injuries and foul trouble but that is about it. He height and athleticism would have helped us come tournament time.

Comment

Wade would have been great (if she was "happy to be here"), but we're certainly still in very good shape in spite of her loss.

We had either the first or second best team in SDSU history last year and did not lose a single starter. Seven or eight players that saw decent minutes last year will be back (and should all be improved). Add a quality freshman (which we have every year) and you are ready to roll. If they stay healthy, I expect that they can still hang around the edge of the top-25 (if not better).

Comment

Wonder what they think later on looking back, having frittered away two seasons of eligibility. Probably should go down to D2 or 3 to save another season.

Comment

Originally posted by RochJack69 View Post
                                Wonder what they think later on looking back, having frittered away two seasons of eligibility. Probably should go down to D2 or 3 to save another season.
                                She should be able to go the Van Ginkel route and play Juco for a year and then have two seasons at a DI program.

Comment

Working...
                                X