Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jacks ranked #1

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
    Creighton will be a great opening test at home. Saw they were picked 1st in the Big East preseason poll and Marissa Janning was injured last year but is back along with the rest of their starters.
    Creighton is right in there with the Jackrabbits a few votes out of the Top 25. Green Bay and Iowa are in the same discussion and they are both on the schedule. Of course, the Jackrabbits and Iowa will need to both win their first game to match up for second game. There are many big games again this year in the OOC schedule.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

The OOC schedule is where we make/or don't make the biggest impact on future seeding considerations by the post season Tournament Selection Comittee ,because of the quality of opponents we play during that stretch of the season. It's very important to get up to that level quickly in the early part of the season,and to be fair, our opponents have to do the same (they have the same pressure,in some cases maybe more so). We have the right schedule,now all we have to do is exploit it as much as we can.Once our future seed line has been established,all we have to focus on is not messing it up with conference losses to teams we should be able to beat consistently.If we can beat the UWGB'S,Creighton's,Iowa's,Louisville's,Oklahoma's. ...etc of the world,they will only fortify our position for us if they then go out and beat good teams on their schedules.This could be a team people will remember for a long time,and I'm hoping they have that aspiration to be that team,I'm pretty sure they do.The Jackrabbits won't be taken lightly by anyone we play this season,especially if we are ranked when we play them.Expect all our games to be hard fought,in that sense,this season could be brutal,or fun and exciting,hoping more for the latter.Hope we stay healthy.
      Last edited by jackdaniel; 10-28-2016, 11:20 AM.

Comment

#25 in espnW Preseason Rankings.

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-b...tball-rankings

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by i_got_a_fever View Post
          #25 in espnW Preseason Rankings.

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-b...tball-rankings

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          Who are these people using for a source that say Stevens is back this year after an injury.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            Who are these people using for a source that say Stevens is back this year after an injury.
            Pretty much any poll that gives a review of the team says this. Apparently, we're not worth actually taking time to research because it doesn't take that much time to see she transferred to San Diego for a year and decided to come back. That would also led them to realize she will miss a year of playing and will return only next year before she is done playing at the collegiate level. My guess is they see she was hurt at the end of the 2014-15 year and assumed she was still injured through last year since she didn't play for the Jackrabbits at any point.
            Rollin' in my 5.0
            With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
            Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

The AP/Coaches polls were updated on November 14. Based on votes, we're 28 in the coaches poll and 39 in the AP poll. The Mid-Major poll still has us as #1 with a pretty good lead over Green Bay.

Next week's game at Oklahoma (#16) is a chance to make a big splash.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                The AP/Coaches polls were updated on November 14. Based on votes, we're 28 in the coaches poll and 39 in the AP poll. The Mid-Major poll still has us as #1 with a pretty good lead over Green Bay.

Also,if we subdue Montana and defeat P-5 Iowa,that will give us good momentum heading into that important game with Oklahoma.Actualy,all the games remaining are important,being a mid-major,there are no breaks,one slip up (bad game) will negate all the hard work accomplished if we manage an upset or two along the way.That's the life of the mid-major,and it makes them tougher knowing that I think(re-thinking,P-5's can't really afford to lose to lessor opposition either).We are #1 mid-major so we have to lead the way for the rest of the Mid-majors it would seem.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

They list South Dakota there,but we assume they mean us.This is very infuriating for me.Here's a list of state universities that have a "university of ,or just name of the state" and " name of state w/State University tacked on".

Here we go,we have Arkansas and Arkansas State,Colorado and Colorado State,Iowa and Iowa State,Kansas and Kansas State,Michigan and Michigan State,(Ole) Mississippi and Mississippi State,Florida and Florida State,New Mexico and New Mexico State,North Dakota and North Dakota State,Oregon and Oregon State,North Carolina and North Carolina State,Utah and Utah State,Washington and Washington State,South Dakota and South Dakota State University.The process is pretty straight forward accross the board and it's not too difficult to pick up on,yet,out of all these institutions,the only one they get "confused" about and can't differentiate between the two is South Dakota and South Dakota State....sorry,i'm not buying it.Draw your own conclusion,but to me it's laziness and/or stupidity ,lack of knowlege and arrogance in believing it doesnt matter because the two schools in their arrogant mind are insignificant anyway and no one will really notice.I'm tired of that attitude myself.Sorry for the rant,but this occurs way too frequently in my opinion.

I think we should call ourselves University "X" ,like they referred to the battleship USS South Dakota as battleship "X" during WWII.But,where as in WWII,it was done to keep the ships Identity a seceret from the Japenese,who thought they had sunk her.....Hello, "journalists",we on the other hand don't want our identity kept seceret.We are proud of our Institution and want everyone to know who we are,so quit screwing it up.<rant>....again.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                    They list South Dakota there,but we assume they mean us.This is very infuriating for me.Here's a list of state universities that have a "university of ,or just name of the state" and " name of state w/State University tacked on".

Here we go,we have Arkansas and Arkansas State,Colorado and Colorado State,Iowa and Iowa State,Kansas and Kansas State,Michigan and Michigan State,(Ole) Mississippi and Mississippi State,Florida and Florida State,New Mexico and New Mexico State,North Dakota and North Dakota State,Oregon and Oregon State,North Carolina and North Carolina State,Utah and Utah State,Washington and Washington State,South Dakota and South Dakota State University.The process is pretty straight forward accross the board and it's not too difficult to pick up on,yet,out of all these institutions,the only one they get "confused" about and can't differentiate between the two is South Dakota and South Dakota State....sorry,i'm not buying it.Draw your own conclusion,but to me it's laziness and/or stupidity ,lack of knowlege and arrogance in believing it doesnt matter because the two schools in their arrogant mind are insignificant anyway and no one will really notice.I'm tired of that attitude myself.Sorry for the rant,but this occurs way too frequently in my opinion.

I think we should call ourselves University "X" ,like they referred to the battleship USS South Dakota as battleship "X" during WWII.But,where as in WWII,it was done to keep the ships Identity a seceret from the Japenese,who thought they had sunk her.....Hello, "journalists",we on the other hand don't want our identity kept seceret.We are proud of our Institution and want everyone to know who we are,so quit screwing it up.<rant>....again.
                    we can assume they mean State,but South Dakota is 2-0 and the defending WNIT champion. so whoever is voting them points could be meaning them based on this. and yeah I for one am sick of the San Diego State references and South Dakota references.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                      we can assume they mean State,but South Dakota is 2-0 and the defending WNIT champion. so whoever is voting them points could be meaning them based on this. and yeah I for one am sick of the San Diego State references and South Dakota references.
                      That's what I mean,it's confusing to us alway's having to second guess who they actually meant....but ya I agree, they could have really meant SD,but then that means we entirely dropped out....the poll is kind of meaningless like AJ said (I think he might of said "it's all subjective anyway") this early.

Comment

Jackrabbits are on the radar with their schedule;
                        SEASON'S GREETINGS - MARQUEE GAMES HIGHLIGHT EARLY SCHEDULEThe four-time defending national champion UConn Huskies are riding a 75-game winning streak, yet when the preseason Associated Press top-25 poll for the 2016-17 season was released on Nov. 1, UConn was ranked No. 3. Are we witnessing the changing of the guard, or will the Huskies use that as motivation for another record-setting run? Questions to ponder with the start of another season at hand. Fans will be treated out of the gate with numerous early-season marquee matchups taking place between some of the best teams in country. UConn, which will be looking to overcome the departure of senior standouts Breanna Stewart, Moriah Jefferson and Morgan Tuck, will be put to the test early, with games against Florida State (Nov. 14), Baylor (Nov. 17), DePaul (Dec. 1), Texas (Dec. 4) and Notre Dame (Dec. 7) during the season’s first 30 days. Here are some other key early-season matchups that might provide an indication of whom to expect in Dallas for the 2017 Women’s Final Four:
                        • • Nov. 11 - Miami (Fla.) at Kentucky
                        • • Nov. 14 - UConn at Florida State
                        • • Nov. 14 - South Carolina at Ohio State
                        • • Nov. 14 - UCLA at Baylor
                        • • Nov. 14 – Texas at Stanford
                        • • Nov. 17 – Baylor at UConn
                        • • Nov. 20 – Texas at Mississippi State
                        • • Nov. 23 – South Dakota State at Oklahoma
                        • • Nov. 27 – Louisville vs. South Carolina

• Nov. 30 – Notre Dame at Iowa

http://www.ncaa.com/womens-final-fou...%20MEDIA%20DAY
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I would've thought Green Bay would have gotten some love with playing Notre Dame tonight. It's great we're a mid-major getting looked at like this, but I do see Green Bay being able to have a good run this year, especially if they can keep up with #1 Notre Dame in South Bend tonight.
                          Rollin' in my 5.0
                          With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                          Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Green Bay just lost by 4 in South Bend to Notre Dame. Should be a great one when they visit Frost.

Comment

GB appears to have a bunch of winnable games between now and the time they come to Brookings. I'd expect to see them in the top-25. Hopefully we both will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yotes lead Arkansas by 28-27 at the half,at Arkansas.

Comment

Working...
                                X