X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016-2017 Schedule

Any word on tournaments or out of conference games for next year

Re: 2016-2017 Schedule

Bowling Green would be the only one I could say with any certainty. I'd like to see us do a "European tour" some time we're eligible, helps get some early games in and probably helps recruiting a little.

Comment

AJ spoke at the Mitchell QB Club last night and said we will be play Louisville and Oklahoma on the road next season and that those two teams would come to Frost in 2017-2018

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
        AJ spoke at the Mitchell QB Club last night and said we will be play Louisville and Oklahoma on the road next season and that those two teams would come to Frost in 2017-2018
        Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Comment

Article in the Mitchell Paper regarding AJ's take on the Summit League non conference scheduling.

http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/spor...-summit-needed

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
            Bowling Green would be the only one I could say with any certainty. I'd like to see us do a "European tour" some time we're eligible, helps get some early games in and probably helps recruiting a little.
            Is it likely that Green Bay and Creighton stay on the OOC schedule? We have had UNI on several years too which would be a road game this year. The home schedule last season was very good and it may be a stretch to see 2 Top 25 teams in Frost in 2016-17.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
              Is it likely that Green Bay and Creighton stay on the OOC schedule? We have had UNI on several years too which would be a road game this year. The home schedule last season was very good and it may be a stretch to see 2 Top 25 teams in Frost in 2016-17.
              Playing against Louisville and Oklahoma on the road should be challenging enough.Need some tough P-5 games but maybe not top 25 once in awhile too,but it's probably hard to schedule those teams to a home and home.Top mid-major powers are always a good barometer to gauge how well the team is playing.AJ and crew really set up an interesting and challenging schedule every year it seems,can't wait for the release of it for next year,

Comment

I moved several posts to a "WBB MISCELLANEOUS" thread under the category College Athletics (they were not connected to SDSU)

Comment

Creighton will come to Frost November 11th.

November 11th- Creighton
                  TBA- @ Louisville
                  TBA- @ Oklahoma

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                    Yes, some mid-majors will do multi-year H&H's...to ease the scheduling burden of trying to find games every year I assume would be part of the reason for doing that? If they can find a good enough opponent who probably has the same problem.

Comment

Zimmer posted a nice article about Miller, Guebert and the high 2016-2017 expectations.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...ness/86564310/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

We play in the Hawkeye challenge against Montana,the winner plays winner of Iowa vs UMass on the 20th.Iowa just released their schedule.

Comment

[QUOTE=jackdaniel;298034]We play in the Hawkeye challenge against Montana,the winner plays winner of Iowa vs UMass on the 20th.Iowa just released their schedule.[/QUOTE

The 20th of what month?

Comment

UPDATE:

Nov. 11th- @ Creighton
                            Nov. 19th-20th Hawkeye Challenge (in Iowa City)
                            Nov. 19th- Montana
                            Nov. 20th- @ Iowa/UMass

TBA- @ Oklahoma
                            TBA- @ Louisville

Comment

Oklahoma vs Jacks 2016

This is the first year Oklahoma will introduce their prized recruit to the world ,that being 6'9" freshman Nancy Mulkey. That should hype up the game quite a bit and it will be very interesting ,for me anyhow, to see what kind of strategies we'll use against that kind of height in the paint.Might have to screen her out a lot, I also like how mobile both Ellie and Clarissa both are, and both can use the glass if they have to.Also how quickly our guards can move to the hoop and exploit catching her out of position too.

The Jacks,in my opinion,will have one of the strongest teams they've ever had in terms of all 5 positions on the floor and will have so much depth with extremely talented players who will be the stars in the future,that this should be a fun and exciting season to be a fan of SDSU basketball. Hope this game will be carried on ESPN ,being played in Norman, Oklahoma.

Sorry,in hindsight,should have put this in the 2016-2017 schedule thread,instead of creating a whole new thread.Maybe mods can do that? I like these games that present unique challenges. This match up will be an extremely important learning experience for games with similar challenges in the future, maybe in post season games also.

Comment

Working...
                              X