2015-2016 Summit League Women's Basketball Awards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015-2016 Summit League Women's Basketball Awards

Thought there should be something for this. The following are the awards for women's basketball this year. The link has the story and the 1st, 2nd, Honorable Mention, and Newcomer Teams. Anything you agree or disagree with?

Player of the Year: Nicole Seekamp, South Dakota

Defensive Player: Clarissa Ober, South Dakota State

6th Woman: Faith Ihim, Oral Roberts

Transfer: Caitlin Duffy, South Dakota

Freshmen: Madison Guebert, South Dakota State

Coach: Amy Williams, South Dakota

http://www.thesummitleague.org/sport...20160301m2ioyw
    Rollin' in my 5.0
    With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
    Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Re: 2015-2016 Summit League Women's Basketball Awards

Regardless of which school, it's a little weird the defensive player of the year didn't make a team.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
      Regardless of which school, it's a little weird the defensive player of the year didn't make a team.
      Obviously,they don't take much stock in defense,more offense orientated in their voting preferences,evidently.

Comment

Ober should have been at least HM. What really surprised me is that NDSU finished last and got a 1st team all-conference player.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
          Ober should have been at least HM. What really surprised me is that NDSU finished last and got a 1st team all-conference player.
          I also found it really strange Ober didn't make any team with being called Defensive Player of the Year. With the NDSU player, I guess she must be a really good player individually, like Emegano on the Oral Roberts men's team. Just shows it takes a team to win games, not one really talented player.
          Rollin' in my 5.0
          With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
          Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

The 2016/17 Jacks will have four returning postseason awards winners. I wonder if that is a first.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
              I would have put Ober on HM before Young. To me, what she brings in defense and rebounding more than offsets the point or two in scoring average that Kerri has. The team wasn't the same during the games Clarissa missed with the broken finger.

Comment

Working...
              X