• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits @ Jaguars

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
    Is Macy injured or playing hurt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I believe she's been dealing with a sprained ankle for the last couple of weeks, can't remember the game it was when she left for a bit before returning.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
      Your point? SDSU was right there in the final minutes. They aren't getting blown out. As if people are acting like they did.

Time to crown USD the champs for the regular season (sincerely congrats, they have a great team) and might as well give them the tourney title as well since SDSU can't even beat IUPUI for the 2nd consecutive year .

Sell should just get on the phone with the NIT committee and put SDSU's bid in for home games right now. Maybe we can get 2-3 more games at Frost and even play Minnesota again!

btw, when SDSU plays and beats USD in Sioux Falls the series record for this season would be 1-2 not 1-3.

be careful what you wish for

Comment

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
        be careful what you wish for
        Having some strong teams in the conference that can challenge the Jackrabbits is exactly what the doctor ordered. The Summit League conference on the women's side needs all nine teams to be as strong as SDSU as part of the prep to take on the NCAA March Madness tourney. How do you think SDSU was able to win the national championship in D-2?......because they played other teams that had won the national championship and learned from that experience. Everyone in the Summit League puts SDSU on their calendar as a marque game to play during their season. Being a great team also comes with great challenges. There is nothing wrong with losing as long as the team grows from it. We all know that AJ pushes and prepares each member of this team to grow and learn from the last time out on the floor. If IUPUI and USD should come our way again this season I am sure the Jacks will put their best foot forward. Try to imagine what it would be like to not be a Jackrabbit---wouldn't be very fun because you would always be worried about playing the Jackrabbits. This team past, present and future will always present any team it plays a great challenge. No room for doubters. Jackrabbits deserve our 100% belief and enthusiasm. Out of the 349 D-1 teams I will always love exactly how the Jacks present themselves and the challenge they pose to any team. I am certain this will have a great outcome in March no matter what.

Comment

This team is offensively challenged. I expected 30 points a game from the combination of Young and Miller and that's not even close to happening the last half of this season especially against the better defensive teams.

So, back to the drawing board and figure out a different way to win the tourney. Are the Jacks playing too slow or do they need to slow it down more? If anyone is going to figure it out its AJ and his staff.

Blind optimism isn't the right approach. Just because the program has found success in the past during tournament play doesn't mean anything this year. Right now USD is the prohibitive favorite to win the conference championship and autobid. That's a fact.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Any talk about an at large bid or winning a NCAA tournament game for this SDSU team is crazy, flat out crazy based on the way they've played recently.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Wow. We've lost two games to the top two teams in the Summit both of which we had a chance to tie at the end and now all of sudden we can't win the Summit and have a zero percent chance of winning a game in the tourney. Wow.

I admit to being a little cautious with my expectations (I like to call it realistic) but I sure wouldn't bet against this team in Sioux Falls. We've got an awful lot of talent and it's young.

Agree the at-large ship probably sailed with the second loss to USD.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                Wow. We've lost two games to the top two teams in the Summit both of which we had a chance to tie at the end and now all of sudden we can't win the Summit and have a zero percent chance of winning a game in the tourney. Wow.

I admit to being a little cautious with my expectations (I like to call it realistic) but I sure wouldn't bet against this team in Sioux Falls. We've got an awful lot of talent and it's young.

Agree the at-large ship probably sailed with the second loss to USD.
                As disappointing these past 2 losses have been, I am not ready to sell my SLT tickets. It is a fact that the Jackrabbits need to polish up their game. It was about tourney time last year that Clarissa Ober started to come out when she had the assignment of guarding Vicki McIntyre from ORU. The Jackrabbits need a player to emerge that has not been on the front page. That could even be Miller getting back on track or one of the seniors having some dominance in a role. It is too early to cash in and take off the blue and yellow specs. A convincing win in Macomb would be a good sign.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                  Is Macy injured or playing hurt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  I've too suspected that she's playing hurt. I watched her get up off the bench to run to the scorers table in Frost 2-3 weeks ago and thought to myself, she's not 100%. An obvious limp after sitting for some time. As much as an injury can be hard physically sometimes it takes an even bigger tole on the brain! We've got 8 days to get it sorted out!

Comment

Working...
                  X