Denver Round 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver Round 2

Tomorrow the Jackrabbits host Denver. Denver sits in eighth place in the conference standings with a 4-22 overall record and a 2-11 Summit League record. The Jacks are tied for first with an overall 21-4 record and a conference record of 11-1.

in the Dec 30 meeting in Denver, SDSU won 76-39. Miller paced the Jacks with 17. It was the conference opener for both teams and Geubert introduced herself to the league with a 15-point performance consisting of 5 of 6 three-pointers.

Re: Denver Round 2

Denver comes in at 4-22 and 2-11 in the Summit. There is a game in Fargo for them on Saturday. The Pioneers have a chance to finish 9th if the Mastodons would get another victory...or at least it would make the people go through the wins and losses to decide the 9th place. Recall that the Pioneers played USD for the tournament championship 2 years ago. They finished the year 9-23. There should not be any upset for the final regular season home game for the Jackrabbits. The Jackrabbits should easily match the score from the first meeting in Denver. The Pioneers are shooting 39% from the field and 28% from the 3 point line. They are outrebounded by 7 per game as well. The Jackrabbits need to have this game under control by halftime.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Seems like the last 3 or 4 conference games are just a little tougher down the stretch,as desperation starts to take hold for some teams,others seek to advance their seeding in the tournament,seniors fighting hard as they see their basketball careers coming to an end.We will start to see glimpses of the fight and determination each and every team will bring from here on out I imagine. It's the "crunch time" of the year, and with that, you'll see some of the best basketball games you'll see this basketball season.

Comment

I won't fault the Jacks if they get caught overlooking a 4-22 Denver team with the showdown that is looming for Saturday. They are not losing this one but it might not be the 25-point blowout I'd normally expect.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
          I won't fault the Jacks if they get caught overlooking a 4-22 Denver team with the showdown that is looming for Saturday. They are not losing this one but it might not be the 25-point blowout I'd normally expect.
          Agree,they might want to just get through this game and start concentrating as soon as possible on preparing for the battle on Sat. I suspect Denver will put up as much of a fight as they possibly can though, just the pride factor every team has, nobody just goes through the motions, basically giving up, in the Summit.Every team fights hard, from top to bottom in the standings, it seems.If we win big,it'll be because we are that much better as a team.Playing Denver at home, and playing USD in Vermillion are two pretty different challenges,and are on opposite ends of the spectrum.

Comment

Denver will have a more important game in Fargo. The winner of that game is essentially in the tournament. The winner will have 3 conference victories while the loser will have 2. Then it will be the loser to stay ahead of IPFW who plays the Bison the last game in Ft Wayne.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I don't really want to add pressure to an already pressure packed game in Vermillion, but the winner will undoubtedly become the Summit regular season champs.I think our at-large hopes would be dashed too if we lost,....losing once to USD during the regular season could be forgiven,but not losing twice IMO.Games like this ,the 2nd meeting of two conference leading teams going at it are what the selection committee are looking for,to see who can set themselves apart and become a champion.

Losing at home to the Yotes really gave them momentum for the season,especially with them coming in already having lost a conference game.Some losses have much more impact than just losing one game sometimes. But,what was giveth, can be taken away just like that too. Lots of pressure on both these teams, and the one who handles it the best, will probably emerge the winner.As hyped as this game will be,the one in Sioux Falls will be much more hyped,so,might as well become accustomed to it.

Beat Denver FIRST ,then prepare to battle.....go Jacks!
              Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-17-2016, 03:43 PM.

Comment

AJ talks a bit about tonights game vs Denver in this weeks Jackrabbit weekly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO40YtfEk3w

Side note, for anyone who doesn't think USD's coach Williams is the Kim Mulkey of the the Summit League, check out the video at the 3:20 mark. Whatever ref was on the receiving end of that was lucky he/she wasn't nearer the USD bench.....might have come away headless.
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                  AJ talks a bit about tonights game vs Denver in this weeks Jackrabbit weekly.

Side note, for anyone who doesn't think USD's coach Williams is the Kim Mulkey of the the Summit League, check out the video at the 3:20 mark. Whatever ref was on the receiving end of that was lucky he/she wasn't nearer the USD bench.....might have come away headless.
                  i'll bite. i don't think she even comes close to Kim Mulkey. i haven't seen anyone as dramatic as Kim Mulkey. Yes, Amy Williams can be intense in certain situations---and that intensity appears to have rubbed off on her squad. hard to argue with what she is doing down in vermillion. Amy Williams and her squads will continue to be a force to contend with.

Comment

How do you know she was yelling at a ref and wasn't maybe trying to encourage her team to play defense?

Comment

If you have been to a live game with USD women, you will better appreciate the clip. Hypothetically, it may have been an outburst for her players. Normally, it is Amy being a reminder in the ref's ear that the USD team was slighted in some manner. I would concur that Amy is the Mulkey of the Summit and no one is close to her bantering of the officials. It is much like the(never stopping) constant noise that comes from the WBB ORU bench during the offensive possessions of the other team. It is not illegal, but it is a distraction that you want to be quiet.

Comment

I am a fickle fan, I like when a coach gets fired up for teams i like Coach k and our wrestling coach Bono, but dislike other coaches when they do like Williams.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                          How do you know she was yelling at a ref and wasn't maybe trying to encourage her team to play defense?
                          Because I'm trying to compare her with Mulkey, and that better serves my case...c'mon, work with me here, people!
                          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Because I'm trying to compare her with Mulkey, and that better serves my case...c'mon, work with me here, people!
                            Ok! She was most definitely yelling at the ref!

Comment

Jacks are off to expected thumpin' of the Pioneers. Den 3, SDSU 17 with 3 min left in first.

Comment

Working...
                              X