NDSU GETS FROSTY RECEIPTION AT SDSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDSU GETS FROSTY RECEIPTION AT SDSU

Time to start the NDSU part dieu discussion. NDSU has been on a roll since Jacks made Buffalo stew out of them in Fargo, handling UVSC/UTPA easily last weekend. Time to show the Bison that Fargo game wasn't entirely a fluke. However, 41 pt win appears unlikely.

Hope it's a bit of contest. But Brookings Locals!!! Come out and back the Jacks! Let's send the Bison back to Fargo well frozen out at Frost ;D

Re: NDSU GETS FROSTY RECEIPTION AT SDSU

Here's the Sagarin's ratings of 2/21 for the independents. Bison #149 for 2nd best to the Jacks #28

28 INDEPENDENTS = 60.29 60.85 ( 27) TEAMS= 11
    Women's College Basketball 2006-2007 Div I games only through games of 2007 February 20 Tuesday
    HOME ADVANTAGE= 3.74 RATING W L SCHEDL(RANK) VS top 25 | VS top 50 | ELO_CHESS | PREDICTOR
    28 South Dakota St. = 84.56 18 5 72.63( 81) 1 2 | 2 3 | 84.92 29 | 83.82 34
    149 North Dakota St. = 69.00 10 10 69.46( 148) 0 1 | 0 3 | 68.89 155 | 68.70 149
    184 Utah Valley St. = 66.61 10 13 68.08( 184) 0 0 | 0 2 | 66.01 187 | 66.78 178
    210 IPFW = 64.21 9 12 67.80( 190) 0 0 | 0 2 | 64.29 207 | 63.72 217
    217 UC Davis = 64.03 9 14 67.03( 213) 0 0 | 0 1 | 64.05 211 | 63.60 219
    248 Texas-Pan Am. = 60.87 7 17 68.92( 166) 0 1 | 0 5 | 60.75 247 | 60.58 253
    282 Chicago St. = 58.03 5 20 69.30( 155) 0 1 | 0 3 | 56.63 290 | 58.91 270
    310 Winston-Salem = 52.78 7 18 62.83( 288) 0 1 | 0 2 | 53.06 308 | 52.06 305
    315 Savannah St. = 51.98 9 16 60.78( 311) 0 1 | 0 2 | 53.37 306 | 49.83 321
    318 Longwood = 51.44 7 19 62.56( 291) 0 1 | 0 2 | 52.48 313 | 49.78 322
    331 New Jersey Tech = 45.83 3 19 60.18( 318) 0 0 | 0 1 | 46.87 328 | 44.09 334

Comment

despite ndsu's winning streak, which is nothing compared to ours, we should still beable to win by 20+! I'm counting down the hrs to tip off already

Comment

Originally posted by sdsurulz08
        despite ndsu's winning streak, which is nothing compared to ours, we should still beable to win by 20+! I'm counting down the hrs to tip off already
        I will be disapointed if we dont beat um by 30. Im guessing this should be the largest crowd of the year, hopefully it gets more then the mens game.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Isn't this also Senior night aka Megan Vogel night. That is reason enough to show up to this one. It is possible that this isn't our last home game but I think Megan deserves a huge send-off. People should want to show up for that alone.
          "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
          -Leo Rosten

Comment

Yep it is Senior aka Megan Vogel Night. Some good stuff lined up for her and it is also the night they recognize Nancy for all she has done. Should be a fun one.

Comment

Article from the Fargo Forum this morning.

http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/157481

The hottest thing in Division I women’s independent basketball – South Dakota State – is cooking a hometown feast tonight. The Jackrabbits will honor their seniors, including their all-time leading scorer, and one of their longtime coaches and administrators.

GO JACKRABBITS
              An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
              US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

Gotta have a big crowd tonight!  More importantly, gotta have a NOISY big crowd tonight.

If you are looking for a special reason to go, here we go:

1. Senior Night- We honor one very special person in Megan Vogel.

2. Nancy Neiber- She will be honored at halftime for her entire career at SDSU.  She got the ball rolling for SDSU Women's Basketball and set the stage for great things to come.  She has been the Senior Women's Administrator since leaving the bench.  A truly special lady that will be missed.  

3. Last home game*- These ladies deserve a good turnout for everything that they have accomplished.  Any way you slice one of the best if not the best team to ever play for SDSU!

4. Rivalry game- Hey, it's NDSU!  Can it get any better!

AS MUCH AS ANYTHING ELSE, I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR A LITTLE NOISE OUT OF THE BLUE SEATS TONIGHT!!!  

*Last regular season home game!  Hopefully, the WNIT will be making a stop in Brookings!

GO JACKS!

SUPERBUNNY
                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

YES!!! Today is the day! Hopefully tonights pending weather doesn't scare anyone away! It looks like the Bison could have a fun time getting home! haha... Can't wait only a few short hours!!!
                  Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I too hope the looming weather does not impact the crowd greatly tonight. Megan Vogel's last home regular season game!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
                      I too hope the looming weather does not impact the crowd greatly tonight. Megan Vogel's last home regular season game!
                      I'm told that ticket sales are very brisk this morning.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I am on call all weekend so I'll be listening from home/hospital. My wife and children are on their way to Brookings and will be present with several others. We really need to bring everything tonight. A win for NDSU could be a springboard for future recruiting, competition. Lets go rabbits!!
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Weather, what weather??? ha! We're leaving in a little bit, bringing 8 total. Hopefully we'll be able to get back to Pierre tonight after the game.

GO RABBITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

An article on tonight's game from Terry...it talks about both the men and women's game so I will dual post:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...36/1002/SPORTS

Comment

I think you guys will pull this one out but Ruley will have the Bison ready to put on a better showing then they did in Fargo. My prediction is that the Jacks win 80-69, the Bison are so up and down its just hard to to know if this current upswing will last.

Comment

Working...
                              X