GDT: Jackrabbits @ Golden Eagles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Jackrabbits @ Golden Eagles

ORU is riding a 6 game winning streak and they are tied with USD and SDSU at the top of the Summit. Tonight's game will find 1 team pushed into second place. ORU has been winning with a skeleton crew as they have been limited to 7 or 8 players for a few games. They also have found a couple taller gals at 6'5" and 6'3". One is a senior transfer and the other a freshman. They have been starting 2 freshmen, 2 sophomores, and a senior. They have played well through the injuries. The Summit loss was the first game of conference at Macomb. ORU has allowed 53 points per game in conference. I am not certain if that is a slow down game or tough defense. They are only scoring 59 points per Summit game. The Golden Eagles are blocking about 3 shots per game. It would have seemed that number would be higher with the height of ORU down low. It might invite the Jackrabbit guards to drive the lane a bit more safely if there are not shot blockers. ORU is averaging 60% from the free throw line, but the last outing they shot 19-20 against Denver. I have not heard if Ober is back in the line-up tonight. It would be great if she is able to play, but I would expect the defense of the Jackrabbits to match well against the Golden Eagles. If the Jackrabbits stay with ORU through 3 quarters, I would expect them to pull away in the 4th quarter for the win and score more than 53 points for the game. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits @ Golden Eagles

Free video of the game:

http://www.oruathletics.com/broadcast/ORUSN

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
      Great. I have a feeling this one is going to be worth watching - at least in terms of being a close game. ORU has done very well for themselves over the last month and tonight they have a chance to back up that big win against USD. The Jacks better be ready to go.

Comment

man not counting band cheerleaders and staff if rhere are 35npeople there id be surprised

Comment

Ober in the starting lineup.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
            man not counting band cheerleaders and staff if rhere are 35npeople there id be surprised
            looks like 3500 to me.....

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
              looks like 3500 to me.....
              sounds like it. or it sounds like only the teams cheer so far. like 5 people you can hear after every made basket.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

10 to 9 at the end of one, horrible shooting both teams. mens ball?

Comment

I'm watching the USD/WIU game at the same time. You could put all the fans from both games into the baseline bleachers on one side of Frost.

The Jacks did a nice job defensively in the first quarter but I sure wish they would have made a few more of those layups. This is not a game where you want to be missing bunnies. Interesting to see Viso in the first half.

Comment

horrible shooting and an equally horrible announcer for gojacks. calling state players for oru. shame our radio announcers are paid by location instead of for the season.

Comment

Our bench is no deeper than ORU if we don't use more than two players off our bench. Just say'n. However,we can get more bench points, but that won't tire them out much more than their used to.

We are taking over more of the stats, except for rebounding, they have tall players who get in good position.

Comment

announcer said we used 11. slow paced no rush, no nothing, really bad shooting both teams low 20 percent.

Comment

Holding them to 20 for a half is a nice accomplishment. Twenty more minutes of that type of defense should be enough to get it done. I have a feeling the shots will start to fall a little better also. We've seen that happen in the second half multiple times this year.

Comment

their open threes kept them in. lackluster game so far.

Comment

only three turnovers though

Comment

Working...
                              X