• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT:SDSU @ NDSU

Final: SDSU 81, NDSU 63

Macy lead all scorers with 29 points.

Comment

Good game for the Jackrabbits. It was too close for the first 3 quarters.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
        There was such a thing. Not sure why they ended that service but I'd guess there was not enough demand.
        I'm probably wrong, but I think the reason that package worked was because all but one of the SL schools back then used the same streaming service. Can't remember if it was NeuLion or the one before that. A bunch of schools were unhappy with the provider, so now there's not much commonality. It would be much more difficult to put together a similar system today.

Actually, I take that back. Before looking it up, I didn't know that Learfield had bought Sidearm. The only two schools that still use NeuLion are you guys and UNO. With your contracts with Learfield, it shouldn't be that tough to switch you guys over to Sidearm. (well, not tough from a contracts POV; probably pretty tough from a technical POV) After that, it's just Denver with CBSi. Everyone else uses Sidearm.

NDSU - Sidearm(part of Learfield now)
        USD - Sidearm
        ORU - Sidearm
        WIU - Sidearm
        IPFW - Sidearm
        IUPUI - Sidearm
        SDSU - NeuLion
        UNO - NeuLion
        Denver - CBSi

Comment

Let's keep the winning streak going in to the Summit conference. Good win.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Bison have, and will continue to have, a ton of 4th quarter blowouts this season. With only 7 dressing, they get totally exhausted by the 4th. Big reason why the number of turnovers is so bad. Have to hope for good improvement next season, and much more the season after that. Can't have another 6-year stretch of absolute crap. When your DI coach gets fired and ends up coaching HS, you know things were bad. (well, that and the W/L record)

Comment

I really thought with NDSU being so shallow and turnover prone that we would press them much more (like we did to start the 2nd half against BGSU). Instead we let them play their slow pace and use their one advantage (height) against us.

On the plus side, I like that we didn't just settle for 3's. Penetration and very solid play by our posts let to a very good shooting day. And Macy is, just, Macy....!

Too close of a game, but any road win is a good win. IUPUI had already dropped a game off pace, so it really looks like a 2 horse race. Time to keep it rolling at home.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                She must be injured/sick to not be in the game today.
                It seemed odd - Scotty said during the game that she wasn't dressed and was sitting at the end of the bench, but when he did the Health of the Team segment he said everyone was healthy. Didn't mention her at all in the AJ postgame interview.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  It seemed odd - Scotty said during the game that she wasn't dressed and was sitting at the end of the bench, but when he did the Health of the Team segment he said everyone was healthy. Didn't mention her at all in the AJ postgame interview.
                  It might be another kids being kids deal as well. It must not be too serious regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                    It might be another kids being kids deal as well. It must not be too serious regardless.
                    I didn't catch the beginning of the broadcast since I was watching the mens game. Something might have been said then.

Comment

There was a team violation issue...nuff said.

Comment

Working...
                      X