GDT: SDSU vs DePaul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: SDSU vs DePaul

The #16 team comes to Brookings. The 3 losses of the Blue Demons are to #1 UConn, #3 Notre Dame, and #5 Baylor. Their victories will include a win over #15 Texas A & M. DePaul has a very good ball club. They will start 3 juniors and 2 seniors with a strong bench. Currently they are averaging 23 assists per game, 13.6 steal per game, 15.5 offensive rebounds, 24.2 turnovers created by the defense per game, and 85 points scored per game. There will be a bunch of activity in this game. The Jackrabbits need to reduce all of those numbers to have a chance at the end of the game. The game time weather may not be the best, but I would expect we will have a few noisy fans in Frost tonight to urge the Jackrabbits to a victory. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT: SDSU vs DePaul

Great synopsis of DePaul and what we can expect to see from this matchup OldHare,sounds like it will be a fun game to watch.

Comment

This game could be a tall order for the women's team.

Going to need the outside shots to start falling again.

Hoping for the best!

Comment

Based on the stats, it looks like we'll see the same aggressive defense as last year. In case you forgot, we had 34 turnovers that led to 39 points - and a mini-meltdown here on the forum. In other words, get yourselves mentally ready to see 20+ turnovers tonight. The threes are going to have to be falling at a high rate for the Jacks to get a win.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post

Hoping for the best!
          I was at the game last year in Chicago. The Jacks, played horribly I believe they had 35 turnovers. DePaul will press from the beginning of the game until the end if they feel it's working. Our guards better be ready.

Comment

I haven't been overly impressed by this years team since the Maryland game. That said, I'm difficult to please. Need 40 minutes of intensity on both ends of the court to beat teams like DePaul and Green Bay. Second half was rough against UNC and Creighton game was far from pretty. This team has found a way to win and I expect they will give DePaul all they can handle and if the Jacks play as well as I think they are capable of I believe SDSU will win this game.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post

Hoping for the best!
              Both outside and inside , the good shooting Jacks team is going to have to show up tonight to be competitive in this game.

Comment

It's at Frost, which has been a HUGE advantage. Penn St, and U Neb have both come in as top 20 team, and left with one of the few L's for that season. You're right that both the inside and outside shots will need to fall for the Jacks to win. This is the most intense defense that the Jacks will see all season. Jacks will likewise need to be dialed in on D. With 5 different prior point guards available for the Jacks, ball-handling needs to be sharp tonight.

Possibly winnable game, and if do so, especially if get win vs UWGB, Jacks should start getting votes for AP top 25.

This Jacks WBB is the best seen since 2009. I'd like to see them back to that level again.

Comment

The game will probably seem slow to DePaul,after playing UConn,ND and Baylor,we have no one as fast as Jefferson for UConn and I imagine Baylor,with all the hoops girls top 100 and burger AA they recruit.Notre Dame we stayed up with pretty well.If we shoot normal,then we have to do other things extremely well,like limit TO's and rebound,get a few steals and force them into some TO's to counter some of those TO's we are bound to get.We have to keep our heads in the game and not get discouraged if they get ahead a little,that's when you have to be even more focused and deliberate in your offense.

Ok,....The game largely depends on what we can do,we should know what they can do if we scouted good enough.

Play well we can win,if we don't play well we'll probably lose,not much middle ground.

GET JACKED!!

Comment

The Blue Demons have a few more stats that are interesting. They are taking 72 shots per game compared to 57 for the opponents. Also, the 3 pt shots by the Blue Demons are 28+ per game compared to the opponents taking 16 shots. The Jackrabbits will need to have enough control to slow this game down to play more of a half court defense/offense.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

[QUOTE=rabidrabbit;286019]It's at Frost, which has been a HUGE advantage. Penn St, and U Neb have both come in as top 20 team, and left with one of the few L's for that season. You're right that both the inside and outside shots will need to fall for the Jacks to win. This is the most intense defense that the Jacks will see all season. Jacks will likewise need to be dialed in on D. With 5 different prior point guards available for the Jacks, ball-handling needs to be sharp tonight.

Possibly winnable game, and if do so, especially if get win vs UWGB, Jacks should start getting votes for AP top 25.

This Jacks WBB is the best seen since 2009. I'd like to see them back to that level again.[/QUOTE

We could reach that level by the end of this season,but I think a lot depends on how much we progress the rest of the OOC schedule and during the conference season. I think next year with Young and Ober,Viso as seniors,Macy,Thompson,Alexander,Flaata as juniors,Guebert,Wade,Palmer,Mieras, as sophomores,Graettinger as rs,Tracy,Bultsma as freshmen will give us a lot of experience,maybe enough to see that 2009 level of play emerge.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                        The game will probably seem slow to DePaul,after playing UConn,ND and Baylor,we have no one as fast as Jefferson for UConn and I imagine Baylor,with all the hoops girls top 100 and burger AA they recruit.Notre Dame we stayed up with pretty well.If we shoot normal,then we have to do other things extremely well,like limit TO's and rebound,get a few steals and force them into some TO's to counter some of those TO's we are bound to get.We have to keep our heads in the game and not get discouraged if they get ahead a little,that's when you have to be even more focused and deliberate in your offense.

Ok,....The game largely depends on what we can do,we should know what they can do if we scouted good enough.

Play well we can win,if we don't play well we'll probably lose,not much middle ground.

GET JACKED!!
                        And WAAAAY less annoying...what without Sulkey sulking it up around the opposing bench.
                        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                          And WAAAAY less annoying...what without Sulkey sulking it up around the opposing bench.
                          Yup,AJ's biggest tirade might be an occasional foot stomp ...maybe a perplexed look,a grimace occasionally after a bad call, big difference in demeanor between the two coaches.

Comment

I think the over/under for staying in this game is 139. If it gets higher scoring than that, DePaul is getting their desired game pace.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                              Yup,AJ's biggest tirade might be an occasional foot stomp ...maybe a perplexed look,a grimace occasionally after a bad call, big difference in demeanor between the two coaches.
                              He doesn't do it obnoxiously like Mulkey, but AJ gets his share of campaigning in with the officials.

Comment

Working...
                              X