Paradise Jam 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paradise Jam 2015

The Jackrabbits will need to forget about the loss to the Irish on Saturday. The OOC schedule continues to bring some challenges over the Thanksgiving holiday. The first game is against Pitt(3-0) who is picked 10 of 16 in the tough ACC. We played the first place team Saturday. Pitt will allow us to see Bubbles who is the 6'11" post if she gets into the game. She may be injured since she has not checked into a game yet.. This could be a winnable game. The next day Maryland(3-0) is on the floor with the Jackrabbits. The Terrapins are the preseason favorite for the Big 10 and they are currently ranked #6 in the polls. Maryland will have a lineup that looks similar to ND with a couple of 6'3" posts and 6'+ forwards. The big gal is a preseason first team selection for the Big 10. The last game will be Old Dominion(1-2) who is the preseason #2 pick in the C-USA. The Monarchs look more like the Jackrabbits in size. They have a head coach who begins her 5th year at ODU. She had 21-13 record last which is the best year at ODU. On paper, the Jackrabbits should be able to take 2 of 3 in the Paradise Jam. 3 victories would be very impressive. Hopefully the women can get some sun and victories as well. I see the men took off for Cancun today for their Tuesday game. There should not be any snow storms in their travel now.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: Paradise Jam 2015

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    The Jackrabbits will need to forget about the loss to the Irish on Saturday. The OOC schedule continues to bring some challenges over the Thanksgiving holiday. The first game is against Pitt(3-0) who is picked 10 of 16 in the tough ACC. We played the first place team Saturday. Pitt will allow us to see Bubbles who is the 6'11" post if she gets into the game. She may be injured since she has not checked into a game yet.. This could be a winnable game. The next day Maryland(3-0) is on the floor with the Jackrabbits. The Terrapins are the preseason favorite for the Big 10 and they are currently ranked #6 in the polls. Maryland will have a lineup that looks similar to ND with a couple of 6'3" posts and 6'+ forwards. The big gal is a preseason first team selection for the Big 10. The last game will be Old Dominion(1-2) who is the preseason #2 pick in the C-USA. The Monarchs look more like the Jackrabbits in size. They have a head coach who begins her 5th year at ODU. She had 21-13 record last which is the best year at ODU. On paper, the Jackrabbits should be able to take 2 of 3 in the Paradise Jam. 3 victories would be very impressive. Hopefully the women can get some sun and victories as well. I see the men took off for Cancun today for their Tuesday game. There should not be any snow storms in their travel now.
    speaking of Bubbles, found an article on her. doctors have recommended she not play basketball.http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/P...s/201508100019

Comment

Re: Paradise Jam 2015

SDSU did exactly what I thought they would do. Going 2-1 with the lone loss coming against another top 10 team is nothing to be ashamed of. This team has shown it can play with anyone this year. The Jacks now have 3 straight games at home against Portland St, Northern Colorado, and Northern Iowa. I expect the Jacks to win all 3 of those games. If the Jacks sweep those teams, I wouldn't be surprised if the Jacks start to gain to votes in the AP poll if they don't gain some this week.

Comment

Working...
      X