Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SDSU WBB 2015 NCAA Tourney

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    It would help the Jacks seeding if they would end the season with only 2 or 3 losses , but not much in a season like this past one where you have 3 or 4 "bad" conference losses combined with some mid-major losses that were winnable. By the way , is anyone else having problems with the "Reply With Quote" feature since the board was updated last week ? When I click on it , the regular Quick Reply box shows up without the quote.
    Yes I am and it duplicates posts because the first reply does not go as planned so you thump it again. Also the typing in the message box goes from right to left and not left to right.

Comment

At least your quote function works,Nidaros. I'm gonna have to demand my membership fee is refunded

Comment

I think RowdyRabbit's picture broke the board a bit. As it scrolls off normal service will be restored. As far as y'all know.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Huh. Quote doesn't work with 'Quick Reply.'

Well, something is broken.

Rats.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Oh, goodie. Yeah, things be broken.

And due to scheduling difficulties, they're likely to stay broken until June. Or maybe July, unless I can get to it tonight or tomorrow morning.

Hard to tell.

Rats, again.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

It definitely sounds as though there is a rodent problem and it involves rats.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Actually, I believe the St. Thomas tourney has two classes. They play two separate tournaments, with the winner named who has the least losses (and/or by head-to-head, etc.) I think the Jacks will play in the afternoon tournament, playing each of the other three in our class...Green Bay, Tulane and Virginia. Maryland, Old Dominion, Pitt and Rutgers in the evening tournament. Got our travel arranged and looking forward to return to St. Thomas, where we played in our first Paradise Jam tournament (lost to Rutgers and beat Kentucky!) They've changed the format some since that year.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                  It definitely sounds as though there is a rodent problem and it involves rats.
                  I believe our old friend "Reply With Quote" may have returned. The pied PHP piper has, perhaps, lead the rats away, hurray?
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                    I believe our old friend "Reply With Quote" may have returned. The pied PHP piper has, perhaps, lead the rats away, hurray?
                    Mine is now working - Thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                      Thanks filbert!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                        Actually, I believe the St. Thomas tourney has two classes. They play two separate tournaments, with the winner named who has the least losses (and/or by head-to-head, etc.) I think the Jacks will play in the afternoon tournament, playing each of the other three in our class...Green Bay, Tulane and Virginia. Maryland, Old Dominion, Pitt and Rutgers in the evening tournament. Got our travel arranged and looking forward to return to St. Thomas, where we played in our first Paradise Jam tournament (lost to Rutgers and beat Kentucky!) They've changed the format some since that year.
                        Rutgers & MD, as B1G members, won't be playing in the Paradise Jam. Jacks will play either of these two. Likewise Pitt & U VA will be in opposite pods. I'd guess SDSU & Tulane, then odu & Uwgb. But last is strictly a guess.

Btw, quote seems to work fine.

Comment

Seems like Christine Brennan writes a piece every year about the womens game and offers an opinion on changes to grow the sport.

This time she thinks the Womens NCAA tournament should be moved up a week so as not to be over shadowed by the mens. Move the season up a week and/or cut a game or two out of the regular season schedule. The Final Four would be on Friday and the Championship game would be Sunday after the mens selction show.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...dule/24990741/

Comment

Notre Dame standout, Jewell Loyd, declares for the WNBA draft. The Jacks now will have 1 less star player to worry about when the Irish visit Frost.

SOURCE: http://espn.go.com/wnba/story/_/id/1...are-wnba-draft , http://www.und.com/sports/w-baskbl/s...040815aad.html

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                              Notre Dame standout, Jewell Loyd, declares for the WNBA draft. The Jacks now will have 1 less star player to worry about when the Irish visit Frost.

SOURCE: http://espn.go.com/wnba/story/_/id/1...are-wnba-draft , http://www.und.com/sports/w-baskbl/s...040815aad.html
                              huh. a few days ago, thought i read where someone from ND (thinking it was AD) stated she would be 100% "ND". lol

well, schools in their position pretty much "reload". #2 and #3 rated guards coming in next year.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                                Rutgers & MD, as B1G members, won't be playing in the Paradise Jam. Jacks will play either of these two. Likewise Pitt & U VA will be in opposite pods. I'd guess SDSU & Tulane, then odu & Uwgb. But last is strictly a guess. Btw, quote seems to work fine.
                                I'm not sure what you are saying here RR, but here is a link to the field announcement for the 2015 Paraidse Jam tournaments, which points out that Rutgers and Maryland WILL be in the tournament, but knowing how they set it up (having gone to the previous Basketball Travelers Paradise Jam), it will be divided into two pods. While they don't have the brackets up yet, I believe it is VERY likely that MD, Rugers, Pitt and UVA will be in the evening games, and SDSU, Tulane, Green Bay, and Old Dominion will be in the afternoon games. Here's a link to the news release on the tournament http://paradisejam.com/2015-ezybonds...lds-announced/

Comment

Working...
                                X