Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SDSU WBB 2015 NCAA Tourney

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
    Boever in 2013-2014 averaged 2.33 TO's per game.
    Miller in 2014-2015 averaged 2.30 TO's per game.
    You need to factor in the defensive side as well. Creating opposing turnovers or steals: Miller-31 ; Boever-85. Miller had a very good freshman season. I think next year we see these two players together in the back court a lot , which can be a very effective combination.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      You need to factor in the defensive side as well. Creating opposing turnovers or steals: Miller-31 ; Boever-85. Miller had a very good freshman season. I think next year we see these two players together in the back court a lot , which can be a very effective combination.
      Miller/Boever in the backcourt.
      Kerri slides over and takes over Megan's spot.
      Ellie/Stevens at the 4
      Ober at the 5

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
        Boever has always had a lot of turnovers.
        To blame one person for all the turnovers is not a nice thing to do. Five people are on the court at a time and five people run the plays and five people have the potential for turning the ball over.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          To blame one person for all the turnovers is not a nice thing to do. Five people are on the court at a time and five people run the plays and five people have the potential for turning the ball over.
          This is true , lots of TO's occur because five people are standing around not knowing what to do, so the player holding the ball passes off a poor pass to avoid a 5 sec call and it gets picked off. This is more the fault of the team than a single player.Our offense looks confused at times,that's conducive to creating TO's.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
            Miller/Boever in the backcourt.
            Kerri slides over and takes over Megan's spot.
            Ellie/Stevens at the 4
            Ober at the 5
            Agree 100 % on the starters. Plenty of backcourt depth with Alexander,Corneman and Guebert. Question marks are backups behind Ober (Flaata or Mieras ?) and Young (Severyn or Palmer ?).

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              Agree 100 % on the starters. Plenty of backcourt depth with Alexander,Corneman and Guebert. Question marks are backups behind Ober (Flaata or Mieras ?) and Young (Severyn or Palmer ?).
              Just like it was impossible to keep Miller off the court her freshman year Guerbert will most likely have similar impact. Remains to be seen if Boever can stay healthy and if she can will provide some additional depth.

Comment

Boever will get plenty of court time if she stays healthy,don't worry, she's too good to sit idle on the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                  Boever will get plenty of court time if she stays healthy,don't worry, she's too good to sit idle on the bench.
                  true, much will depend on how healthy the knee(s) is/are. was it ever disclosed what type of injury she suffered? i don't believe i read anything. all i heard was a "knee" injury. same knee as previous injury?

Comment

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
                    much will depend on how healthy the knee(s) is/are. was it ever disclosed what type of injury she suffered? i don't believe i read anything. all i heard was a "knee" injury. same knee as previous injury?
                    I haven't heard anything mentioned on her specific injury either.

I loved watching her pick people's pockets,something we lacked this year ,and the pressure she brought on defense.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                      And so is Guerbet.

Comment

And so is Guerbet.
                        +1, JACKGUYII

Comment

And so is Guerbet.
                          I'm not saying she (Guebert) isn't good, don't know why both can't get time. AJ rotates lots of players in and out. Boever will get hers .Why play one player against another,they both are good enough to see substantial minutes IMO

Comment

Can't forget about Chloe ad Alexander. They provided a huge spark on defense and flustered a lot of teams guards during the Summit League Tournament. It will be interesting how AJ deals with all the guard depth. One thing is for sure, it is a good problem to have.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                              Can't forget about Chloe ad Alexander. They provided a huge spark on defense and flustered a lot of teams guards during the Summit League Tournament. It will be interesting how AJ deals with all the guard depth. One thing is for sure, it is a good problem to have.
                              I wonder if we won't maybe see Alexander take a redshirt year if Gabby will be back and healthy?
                              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I just listened to a podcast of a radio interview AJ did yesterday. He was talking about Miller and he said it took until late January-early February before she really understood and was comfortable with the schemes they were running and said that before that she was basically getting by on talent alone. With a much deeper guard situation going into next season compared to this last one , I thnk Guebert gets brought along more slowly than Macy did. Unless, of course she forces AJ to give her big minutes right away by her play , which if it happens would be a good situation for everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X