• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SLT Championship: SDSU Jackrabbits vs. USD Coyotes

Like taking candy from a baby
    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Did you know that USD did something SDSU didn't do according to this poster from the USD board??

Lady Yotes have been in the Summit tourney finals their first 3 years! How did the bunnies do their first 3??? Bunnies will be having Coyote nightmares for many, many years to come!!!
      Apparently we didn't win it in 2007-2008 which is understandable since it was SDSU's first year in the Summit

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
        Did you know that USD did something SDSU didn't do according to this poster from the USD board??

Apparently we didn't win it in 2007-2008 which is understandable since it was SDSU's first year in the Summit
        Dragging discussions from one board to another is deprecated around here.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in 2007-2008 ,we were not eligible to participate in the SLTournament (our last year trasitioning), after winning the regular season title. The 2008-2009 season was our first year eligible for tournament play, which we then won, and went on to the NCAA Tournament our first year we were eligible by winning the Conference Auto bid.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
            Correct me if I'm wrong, but in 2007-2008 ,we were not eligible to participate in the SLTournament (our last year trasitioning), after winning the regular season title. The 2008-2009 season was our first year eligible for tournament play, which we then won, and went on to the NCAA Tournament our first year we were eligible by winning the Conference Auto bid.
            You are correct. SDSU won the tournament and went to the NCAA's the first five times they were eligible.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I saw on my brothers phone someone mention it here as well, I said during yesterdays USD vs IUPUI game, Seekamp really reminds me a lot...a LOT of Megan Vogel. I wondered today if she's had any WNBA looks? Coyote fans?
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

SDSU WBB back where they belong...in the NCAA tournament. Congrats!

Comment

You can color that game any way you want it, it was an old fashioned butt-whooping is what it was.

So the Jackrabbits lost to them in Vermillion by 3, without Waytashek.

Maybe I'm seeing things through Jackrabbit colored glasses (I probably am, so bear with me).

But the Jackrabbits started 2 True Freshmen yesterday, and 3 played significant minutes. They also started a sophomore.

USD is losing Seekamp and Contreras. Now Contreras played poorly yesterday, but she's one of their top 2 scorers.

The Coyotes had no answer for the inside presence of the Jackrabbits. Thompson and Ober as Freshman and Sophomores, were both superior to USD's players (at least yesterday).

I think the Coyotes probably take a step back next year. I just can't see where they are going to replace Seekamp's chops out there... maybe I'm wrong. Contreras was also a very good player they are going to miss.

Maybe I'm just excited by the dominating win, and the number of key young players the Jackrabbits return.

Anyway, hats off to USD for a great season, and I do with them well in the WNIT.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
                    SDSU WBB back where they belong...in the NCAA tournament. Congrats!
                    My sentiments echoed exactly, hard fought SLT, true champions, meeting the challenge and rising above the rest. Great things ahead, and a big thanks to the seniors who are leading the way . Enjoy the fruits of victory and best of luck for the next challenge. I'm sure they'll give it all they've got once again. Congrats to our Jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                      You can color that game any way you want it, it was an old fashioned butt-whooping is what it was.

So the Jackrabbits lost to them in Vermillion by 3, without Waytashek.

Maybe I'm seeing things through Jackrabbit colored glasses (I probably am, so bear with me).

But the Jackrabbits started 2 True Freshmen yesterday, and 3 played significant minutes. They also started a sophomore.

USD is losing Seekamp and Contreras. Now Contreras played poorly yesterday, but she's one of their top 2 scorers.

The Coyotes had no answer for the inside presence of the Jackrabbits. Thompson and Ober as Freshman and Sophomores, were both superior to USD's players (at least yesterday).

I think the Coyotes probably take a step back next year. I just can't see where they are going to replace Seekamp's chops out there... maybe I'm wrong. Contreras was also a very good player they are going to miss.

Maybe I'm just excited by the dominating win, and the number of key young players the Jackrabbits return.

Anyway, hats off to USD for a great season, and I do with them well in the WNIT.
                      I assume Duffy will be a big part of the Coyote team next year. I don't know much about her game except she can shoot lights out. Anybody have insight on her?
                      One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                        I assume Duffy will be a big part of the Coyote team next year. I don't know much about her game except she can shoot lights out. Anybody have insight on her?
                        Looking at her stats at CSU , she started 90% of their games as a freshman and zero as a sophomore which probably explains why she transferred. Looks like she averaged 9-10 points a game and was a decent shooter. Yotes fans can be positive about their future , but it has to be sobering for their coaching staff when Nicole Seekamp doesn't walk through the locker room door when practice starts next fall.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                          None, other than I was wondering if we'll see another Duffy come thru USD, like we've seen the progression of Beover's and Cornemann's who've made it to SDSU. Duffy's got younger siblings playing at St Thomas More, if they have Div 1 talent, we might be seeing that name longer than we expect.

Comment

Has anyone found a replay of this game?

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
                              Has anyone found a replay of this game?
                              I was watching the game replay on ESPN3 as I customarily do ,after coming home from attending the game in person. Just about reached 1/2 time, when the transmission was lost abruptly and the screen went blank with an error message. Rebooted and the game was removed as a viewing option. That's all I know, I have Midcontinent Communications in Sioux Falls.Figured ESPN pulled it off,for whatever reason.

Comment

Just looked at the stats and saw something I had a hard time believing. I knew Young and Waytashek hadn't shot well , but didn't realize they went 2-16 combined. If someone had told me those two were going to shoot like that and that the Jacks would still win by 15 , I would never had believed it.

Comment

Working...
                                X