SLT Championship: SDSU Jackrabbits vs. USD Coyotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLT Championship: SDSU Jackrabbits vs. USD Coyotes

Who is Nicole Seekamp? That is the #35 to watch on offense and defense. She is the main motor for the yotes. When they need a play on either end, Seekamp is the spark. There are other players who contribute, but their leader by example is Seekamp. The Jackrabbits were able to adjust defensively to McIntyre last night and they should be capable of controlling Seekamp. Contreras was shut down in Frost and I would expect they will remember how to defend that threat. This should be a close game and the better defense should be the winner today. Luckily the Jackrabbits have the better defense. Let's have another record attendance by Jackrabbit fans. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: SLT Championship: SDSU Jackrabbits vs. USD Coyotes

In best corn grower voice, It's the Jacks & da Yotes! NCAA & WNIT slots on the line. Two best teams in SD & Summit. Raiding from a former NDSU coach, it should be a Whale of a game.

Looking forward to Jacks playing & shooting much better today.

Comment

The girls were way too intimidated with Mcintyre. Forcing shots that werent there. Altering shots. How many blocks did McIntyre have? There wont be a 6'7 player to worry about today. The Jacks will shoot much better. I hope they saved their best game of the tournament for last.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
        The girls were way too intimidated with Mcintyre. Forcing shots that werent there. Altering shots. How many blocks did McIntyre have? There wont be a 6'7 player to worry about today. The Jacks will shoot much better. I hope they saved their best game of the tournament for last.
        I think she had 13 blocks. It was insane. For the first 35 minutes of the game our girls repeatedly did something that could not work. They brought the ball to the defender and let her block it. She basically guarded all 5 Jackrabbits by just guarding the rim, insane.

Finally, Chloe and Clarissa did what you have to do. Make her commit to the ball and then PASS IT to any of the multiple open cutters and spot up shooters.

I don't know if Macey made any passes.

Thank goodness ORU had no clue against the press and Chloe and Clarissa gave maximum effort on defense the last 10 mins. Huge shots by Elle and a nice job of getting to the line by Megan.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          I think she had 13 blocks. It was insane. For the first 35 minutes of the game our girls repeatedly did something that could not work. They brought the ball to the defender and let her block it. She basically guarded all 5 Jackrabbits by just guarding the rim, insane.

Finally, Chloe and Clarissa did what you have to do. Make her commit to the ball and then PASS IT to any of the multiple open cutters and spot up shooters.

Thank goodness ORU had no clue against the press and Chloe and Clarissa gave maximum effort on defense the last 10 mins. Huge shots by Elle and a nice job of getting to the line by Megan.

I though Ober was the MVP of the game with her defense

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post

It was a bit disorienting and quite pleasant to see some other team totally fall apart when a press got slapped on them. Heaven knows we've seen it happen to the Jacks enough over the years.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Ditto.

Ober is probably the one player in the league who matches up physically with McIntyre. She gives up an inch or two but she's longer and a bit more agile. She definitely frustrated McIntyre at least a couple of times I can recall.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I don't think they were intimidated enough. What's the saying "insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result".

Comment

She played great, forcing McIntyre farther out from the basket. Her baskets were big too. It's nice to see her finishing the year out on a high note after disappearing for much of the season. We'll need her again today.

Comment

Haven't seen anyone mention Alexis, but she also played really well. Brought a ton of energy to the defensive side.

Comment

So, I'm not sure if Vegas is confused on the two teams in the Women's championship, but they show SDSU as a 2.5 point favorite. Anyone else surprised?

Comment

A healthy SDSU team vs a healthy USD team for the 1st time this season. It should be a heck of a game. I like our chances if they play D like they did in Frost against the Yotes. Please just don't miss 100 layups like the past 2 games!

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                          So, I'm not sure if Vegas is confused on the two teams in the Women's championship, but they show SDSU as a 2.5 point favorite. Anyone else surprised?
                          Not one bit. It'll be a pro SDSU crowd plus we have a much higher RPI, better strength of schedule, more wins over quality teams....you get the drift.

Comment

No. Not surprised. If look @ RPI, would give about that. Plus, I think it's close to the "home court" edge. I know that DSPC is officially "neutral", but crowds to date have been decidely yellow/blue, I.E. "Frost South".

Comment

No, accurate. Jacks should have swept them this season. Jacks are better at every position in my opinion. Deeper as well.

I'll say it again, AJ got outcoached last year. Amy Williams did a much better job with her rotations, especially in the first half, and that lead to an insurmountable lead.

Women's college BBall is about 3 point shooting and getting to the FT line. If the Jackrabbits can finish in the paint and hit some first half 3's it should be a 5-10 point win.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                              X