Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SLT Game #2:Jackrabbits vs. Golden Eagles

Not a good first half.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Make layups and we're leading comfortably. Simple as that.

Many were missed even when McIntyre wasn't there.
      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
      - Steven Wright

Comment

Good news: we can't play much worse.

Bad news: nobody on ORU's roster did a damn thing besides the giant and we are still losing.

Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

about as ugly a half as I can remember.

No one is hitting much of anything... we made quite a few layups off of ORU defensive lapses. Otherwise it could be worse.

Defensively...giving up way too many 2nd shots... knocking the balls away from each other, and an ORU girl is sneaking in and grabbing the board.

The defense hasn't been bad, but they aren't executing until they have possesion. I'm legit worried right now. This looks disjointed and ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
            AJ might want to light a fire under someone's a$$ at the half. As a fan I don't need PROOF that you can score over the big girl. Guess what...you can't.
            isn't he definition of insanity doing something that doesn't work over and over again??
            This.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Should have made it impossible for that ORU player to get that close on that desperation shot with only 9 seconds remaining. You can't offset determination and heart by talent. That was just a player who wanted it period.

Comment

McIntyre is slow running the court, and ORU is vulnerable for TO's....let's get the transition going,box out McIntyre with two people if you have to, get some offensive boards, and make dang sure we get our defensive boards....lots of time to turn it around yet.

Comment

It's possible we over think a player too much ,and screw up our whole game, maybe that's what we're seeing today.

Comment

We are shooting 23%. ****
                    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Too hesitant to take shots,we're making ourselves tight.,,,,gritty,relentless, fearless

Comment

Great defense this half.

Comment

Survive and advance
                          "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Shot 32% for the game and still win by double digits. That's some solid defense.
                            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                            - Steven Wright

Comment

Great second half. The women showed some grit there. That's the kind of effort they'll need tomorrow.
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Got to play consistent against USD, get the ball through the hoop....good,bad. or ugly ,who cares.No points given for style. Aren't going to come back down 9 against USD ,expecting them to go scoreless in ??...7+ minutes,don't know exactly how long it was.

Once more, I'll have to stand down ,and reassess my opinion. I wasn't watching the game closely because I was live chatting on Zims Argus game chat and occasionally caught a little of the game from time to time. I knew I could always watch the full replay later on ESPN3.I didn't really get the feel for how they played until I watched the replay.

I thought we played pretty good, lot of energy and emotion late when we needed it, played good except for the poor shooting early and being a little over concerned with V McIntyre. Hope we start clicking a little faster against USD though. Go Jackrabbits.
                                Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-09-2015, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X