SLT begins: SDSU Jackrabbits vs. Denver Pioneers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SLT begins: SDSU Jackrabbits vs. Denver Pioneers

Rebound,rebound,rebound, possession's 9/10 of the law,especially pertaining to basketball. Saw a lot of standing still ,not going to get the ball. Then I thought, maybe they were waiting to get a 3 pt shot, only trouble is, the other team got the ball because we didn't seem to want it . We can play better, lots better. Can't believe our rebounding stats are so good, we sure didn't show it this game.Whoever said we didn't win this game till the last 1/3 was done is completely right.A win is a win.

Comment

After watching the replay on ESPN3,guess the game wasn't as bad as I thought,must have been visiting more than watching at the game. An 18 point win isn't all that bad a win.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
        After watching the replay on ESPN3,guess the game wasn't as bad as I thought,must have been visiting more than watching at the game. An 18 point win isn't all that bad a win.
        The Jacks starting guards need to rachet up the defense , especially on the perimeter. The defensive pressure got much better when Alexander and Corneman came off the bench. Clarissa Ober also played one of her better games. If and when the Jacks play USD they are going to have to control Seekamp. Fort Wayne could have won the game yesterday if Seekamp wouldn't have run wild in the last 5 or 6 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          The Jacks starting guards need to rachet up the defense , especially on the perimeter. The defensive pressure got much better when Alexander and Corneman came off the bench. Clarissa Ober also played one of her better games. If and when the Jacks play USD they are going to have to control Seekamp. Fort Wayne could have won the game yesterday if Seekamp wouldn't have run wild in the last 5 or 6 minutes.
          Agree ,noticed that in our win at Frost when they got within 4pts late in that game too, Seekamp went on the prowl looking to create TO's and get some points any way she can, like all good players do. She deserves watching closely for sure at all times, but especially when she's trying to provide a spark for her team when they need one.
          Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-09-2015, 01:33 AM.

Comment

2 tickets for women session on Monday.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              I would call our defense a "prevent" (Guard loosely the perimeter player)defense rather than a "smothering" defense(getting right up into their face) .We leave quite a space to allow them to run their offense, we just make it hard to penetrate is all. Working so far I guess.

The whole Summit is weak on three point defense, but, the Summit is one of the best three point shooting conferences. The two go hand in hand I'd assume. You have to have stellar athletes to shut down both the perimeter shooting and the paint . Wish we had the big shot blocker, intimidating player to defend the paint, we could then take more chances and really smother the players out on the perimeter.

We have a great defense I believe for not having the length inside a lot of teams have. Mariah is fantastic for being only 6-1. All our posts do well for their length. We do well in the Summit, this year having a player like McIntyre for ORU is something different, but helpful learning how to go up against a player like her.
              Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-08-2015, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X