impressive freshman......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• impressive freshman......

and, no......not talking about MM. i would like to give a big shoutout to ellie thompson. i think she has done a wonderful job, especially since the injury to stevens. a little deceptive in getting to the basket. done a good job rebounding. the one thing i am very impressed with is how smart she is going back up with the ball around the basket. she has that knack of leaning into defense and keeping ball away as she goes up and that makes it more difficult for defense to alter the shot. for the most part, a good passer also. she did try to force things at times, but, i believe that will improve. just a very impressive freshman year for her.

sidenote: i have to admit i knew nothing about her coming in, so, maybe to some of you that are more in touch this is not a big surprise?

also, MM has to be a shoe-in to get Summit Freshman of the Year, or Newcomer of the Year----whatever they call it.

Re: impressive freshman......

She may not have been a surprise in Minnesota as she had been rated as the #6 recruit for 2014. I would agree that she has a great basketball IQ to go with the package. You also bring up a point about how the current team has many younger players contributing to the success of this team.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
      and, no......not talking about MM. i would like to give a big shoutout to ellie thompson. i think she has done a wonderful job, especially since the injury to stevens. a little deceptive in getting to the basket. done a good job rebounding. the one thing i am very impressed with is how smart she is going back up with the ball around the basket. she has that knack of leaning into defense and keeping ball away as she goes up and that makes it more difficult for defense to alter the shot. for the most part, a good passer also. she did try to force things at times, but, i believe that will improve. just a very impressive freshman year for her.

sidenote: i have to admit i knew nothing about her coming in, so, maybe to some of you that are more in touch this is not a big surprise?

also, MM has to be a shoe-in to get Summit Freshman of the Year, or Newcomer of the Year----whatever they call it.
      I too am pleased with all three freshmen playing with more confidence. I like to see Ellie take the opportunitys the defense is giving her now, it will get harder as teams adjust. I like to see all 5 players on the court being a scoring threat. Lexi hit a nice three when she was open. Hope they enjoy this year, a lot more contributions will be expected of them next year.Very good Fr class. Of course, Macy is Macy,no worries there.
      Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-01-2015, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Thompson looked like a real liability in her first few starts, seeming like she was best suited to 10 minutes of game time as a sub. She's come a long way. Stevens could back her up (if she is not 100%) and we would be in good shape for the tournament.

Comment

And both Ellie and Macy selected to the newcomer's team. That's great street cred!

Comment

The future of SDSU Womens Basketball seems very bright with the current sophomore and freshman classes. Then you add in one of the best recruiting classes on paper next year. It's going to be very fun watching that group for the next couple of years. Big things are ahead! Dare I say a run in the NCAA Tournament?

Comment

Working...
            X