WIU Leathernecks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WIU Leathernecks

Must win road game if the Jacks want to win the regular season championship? It seems like in recent year, games against the necks' have been 1 or 2 possession games. Hopefully SDSU comes out and makes this a statement game to the rest of the league.

Re: WIU Leathernecks

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
    Must win road game if the Jacks want to win the regular season championship? It seems like in recent year, games against the necks' have been 1 or 2 possession games. Hopefully SDSU comes out and makes this a statement game to the rest of the league.
    Agreed. Seems weird to even be thinking this...but if the Jacks are gonna play on Sat (1 or 2 seed) in the Summit Tourney, they almost need this win.
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

I'm hating on GoJacks.com/NeuLion, why in the H e l l aren't our league road games available? The league needs to start asserting that if broadcast is available, it is shared with road team's internet link.

I'm not seeing either WIU or the ORU WBB games as available via GoJacks. Options to WATCH without paying?

Comment

Jacks finishing strong down the stretch....lead 70-60 at the 1:32 mark

Comment

Another game where we give our opponent more FT attemps.....we shoot 9-10 FT's, 90%

Comment

74-61......we win

Comment

Waytashek had 22 points and 8 rebounds with several minutes to go. Think we missed her at USD?

Comment

Just saw the box score for this game; Waytashek had a heck of a night: 10-19 FG, 22 points, 11 rebounds in 29 min.

Macy had another good night as well with 20 points on 7-11 FG and 6-6 from the line.

Interesting the Jacks only shot 8 threes tonight. AJ really wanted to pound the paint; they had 50 points in the paint.

Nice win - A week and a day off now until ORU comes to town.

We'll be okay.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                  Just saw the box score for this game; Waytashek had a heck of a night: 10-19 FG, 22 points, 11 rebounds in 29 min.

Macy had another good night as well with 20 points on 7-11 FG and 6-6 from the line.

Interesting the Jacks only shot 8 threes tonight. AJ really wanted to pound the paint; they had 50 points in the paint.

Nice win - A week and a day off now until ORU comes to town.

We'll be okay.
                  We must be augmenting our post play. Very important to have that for the SL Tourney. Very reassuring to know that's coming around. Don't feel comfortable when it's all three's and hardly anything inside. Great win, they can enjoy their week off much more now.
                  Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-21-2015, 11:29 PM.

Comment

WIU's Ashley Luke, frequent POTW in the Summit, plays forward/post. Jacks got an early pair of fouls on her, including a really bonehead reach-in on a rebound under the WIU glass. After that, Jacks went at her into the paint, and fairly early in the 2nd half she picked up her fourth foul. Going into the paint, and the prime defender has to back down due to fouls is a great way to dominate. Clarin/Thomas/Waytashek all had a great game, and played well. Alexander was scrappy, and aggressive, but needs to keep working on her control on the dribble. Macie continues to demonstrate why she'll likely get frosh of the year in the Summit. I suspect the ORU 6'7" transfer will be the newcomer of the year.

It's a road win in the Summit. Need to get all the other road games.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                      WIU's Ashley Luke, frequent POTW in the Summit, plays forward/post. Jacks got an early pair of fouls on her, including a really bonehead reach-in on a rebound under the WIU glass. After that, Jacks went at her into the paint, and fairly early in the 2nd half she picked up her fourth foul. Going into the paint, and the prime defender has to back down due to fouls is a great way to dominate. Clarin/Thomas/Waytashek all had a great game, and played well. Alexander was scrappy, and aggressive, but needs to keep working on her control on the dribble. Macie continues to demonstrate why she'll likely get frosh of the year in the Summit. I suspect the ORU 6'7" transfer will be the newcomer of the year.

It's a road win in the Summit. Need to get all the other road games.
                      My 2-cents: Yes SDSU could have used Megan W at USD - but I would say more for her defense and leadership on the court. She does a lot of things that do not always show up on the stat sheet. Alexander has gotten better but still does some Freshman mistakes. I've been impressed with Chloe's contribution lately - she is a smart and scrappy player. I think she will continue to contribute. I also thought Ober had one of her better games. This team is young and the biggest thing they lack at times is "fire" --- I want to see the fist pumps by Maci (like at USD) --- they need to get excited about defensive plays and increase "team" play! Should be a good stretch of games coming up.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Jack View Post
                        My 2-cents: Yes SDSU could have used Megan W at USD - but I would say more for her defense and leadership on the court. She does a lot of things that do not always show up on the stat sheet. Alexander has gotten better but still does some Freshman mistakes. I've been impressed with Chloe's contribution lately - she is a smart and scrappy player. I think she will continue to contribute. I also thought Ober had one of her better games. This team is young and the biggest thing they lack at times is "fire" --- I want to see the fist pumps by Maci (like at USD) --- they need to get excited about defensive plays and increase "team" play! Should be a good stretch of games coming up.
                        Didn't see the USD game , but I just thought the other day that the Jacks need to play with more emotion such as the Macie Michelson fist pumps of a few years ago. Not saying this team doesn't play hard , but they seem to play with little outward emotion. You can over-do it , but I think this team needs someone to show some more fire every now and then.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                          Didn't see the USD game , but I just thought the other day that the Jacks need to play with more emotion such as the Macie Michelson fist pumps of a few years ago. Not saying this team doesn't play hard , but they seem to play with little outward emotion. You can over-do it , but I think this team needs someone to show some more fire every now and then.
                          Agree'd, at least for the fans sake if nothing else.

Seriously though, emotion can really fire up teammates, but I think players get conflicting messages all the time, to counter the display of emotion, things like "play within yourself", "play under control", "don't showboat", etc. A little slip up once in awhile would make a long hard fought game more fun if you could enjoy a sec or two of a great defensive stop, a great play, etc....and gets the crowd going. Just like anything else, if not done to excess, it would be fun for fans, teammates and players alike.

Look at how much more boring the NBA,WNBA, would be without the garish displays of emotion they display. They understand showmanship, but they go too far for me, but that's just me, I like someone who's really good, yet humble, not extroverts who need a pat on the head all the time like a little puppy dog.The NBA especially is becoming like the basketball version of the WWWF, or a little better, circus performers.
                          Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-22-2015, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                            Agree'd, at least for the fans sake if nothing else.

Seriously though, emotion can really fire up teammates, but I think players get conflicting messages all the time, to counter the display of emotion, things like "play within yourself", "play under control", "don't showboat", etc. A little slip up once in awhile would make a long hard fought game more fun if you could enjoy a sec or two of a great defensive stop, a great play, etc....and gets the crowd going. Just like anything else, if not done to excess, it would be fun for fans, teammates and players alike.

Look at how much more boring the NBA,WNBA, would be without the garish displays of emotion they display. They understand showmanship, but they go too far for me, but that's just me, I like someone who's really good, yet humble, not extroverts who need a pat on the head all the time like a little puppy dog.The NBA especially is becoming like the basketball version of the WWWF, or a little better, circus performers.
                            understand what your saying. the part that really starts to tick me off is when a player does it to draw attention to themselves. like the "chest pounding" and the posing when you take a 3pt shot. the worst may be the subtle "in-your-face" crap. love teams that go out there, know what they gotta do, and just take care of business. act like you have been there before.

didn't get to listen to the game, but, jacks must have been pretty impressive. this is one road game i gave a big "?" to when looking at schedule earlier in the season---and more so the way things have gone lately. if i am correct with the "points in the paint" total, 50 is pretty impressive. somebody must have coached up the post players the last few days.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Jack View Post
                              I agree with most of what you say about Chloe and Lexie. They are both good defenders and capable with the ball. The only thing that they need to do is be a little more aggressive on offense. I think it can really hurt when you have a point that isn't looking aggressively to score or drive and make something happen. They both seem content to pass around the perimeter and not look for the shot. Yes, they will both take the open three when they have it but we are loaded with shooters. They need to not be predictable and then will be more effective. Drive the basket a few times and the defense will have to respect them more.

SUPERBUNNY
                              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X