Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NDSU

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
    I'm bored, just to cause a little controversy, no j/k. I looked at the over and back call Newitt and everyone else say's "that has to be called a foul there"....maybe he should get a striped shirt and call the whole game and kudos to Nieman for hinting he might be too opinionated for a broadcaster after he said "I don't know how that can't be called a foul", Tom said....too late (low tone hint). I replayed it over and over and Macy made coincidental contact with her hand and LeMar, the drama queen she is , was trying to sell it as a push by flopping, knowing she was going to be trapped and was up against the over and back line.
    The ref wasn't buying it and he was right there, good job ref, who was much maligned for the call.LeMar does enough acting during a game, i'm pretty sure she alway's wanted to be an actress her whole life. As it was,we missed, they won,it'll be forgotten,I just wanted to say that I think the right call was made and kudus to the ref who actually looked for contact,not just blowing the whistle because someone "flopped"

Also, want to point out the beautiful pass patterns the team ran and the perfect pass to Waytashek who was open for a first down(j/k), maybe the game winner with 2.7 seconds left, if she'd caught it in stride with a clear path to the basket. Fought til the last second.
    exactly. lemar may have set herself up for the "non-call" through her actions during the game. i thought jacks really got away with one there, and also, i haven't seen a replay that might change my mind. lemar is very animated and appears to have comments for refs. not a very endearing quality.

Comment

I'm bored, just to cause a little controversy, no j/k. I looked at the over and back call Newitt and everyone else say's "that has to be called a foul there"....maybe he should get a striped shirt and call the whole game (second thought....no ) and kudos to Nieman for hinting he might be too opinionated for a broadcaster after he said "I don't know how that can't be called a foul", Tom said...."too late" (low toned hint to chill out). I replayed it over and over and Macy made coincidental contact with her hand and LeMar, the drama queen she is , was trying to sell it as a push by flopping, knowing she was going to be trapped and was up against the over and back line.

The ref wasn't buying it and he was right there, good job ref, who was much maligned for the call.LeMar does enough acting during a game, i'm pretty sure she alway's wanted to be an actress her whole life. As it was,we missed, they won,it'll be forgotten,I just wanted to say that I think the right call was made and kudus to the ref who actually looked for contact,not just blowing the whistle because someone "flopped"

Also, want to point out the beautiful pass patterns the team ran and the perfect pass to Waytashek who was open for a first down(j/k), maybe the game winner with 2.7 seconds left, if she'd caught it in stride with a clear path to the basket. Fought til the last second.
      Newitt was no doubt representing the Fargoites, I have seen him on WDAY sports or one of the TV channels in Fargo. Of course it was a foul, at least from a Fargo Point of view. If you watch Midco programing they cover both North and South Dakota. So no doubt in my mind what Tom Neiman was thinking and he is a pine rider from the Jim Thorson days.

Comment

[QUOTE=jackdaniel;265879]I'm bored, just to cause a little controversy, no j/k. I looked at the over and back call Newitt and everyone else say's "that has to be called a foul there"....maybe he should get a striped shirt and call the whole game (second thought....no ) and kudos to Nieman for hinting he might be too opinionated for a broadcaster after he said "I don't know how that can't be called a foul", Tom said...."too late" (low toned hint to chill out). QUOTE]

Newitt seems to go out of his way to compliment Jacks' opponents for the same type(s) of plays the Jacks made minutes before. Plus, he makes it a priority to point out fouls that the Jacks "got away with" and opponents' fouls that should not have been called because they are simply "players playing hard" (or something to that effect). I wish Midco would just make him the USD sportscaster; heaven knows, he does not like the Jacks, and he is a 'Yote.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          I grab those two program since they have had recent replacement coaches, and in reality they are the same in one sense since neither was making progress at least from the AD's point of view. I think Bono has a much bigger job in replacing or rebuilding his roster. You are right in that NDSU is not a young team. I counted 3 seniors and 3 juniors on the NDSU roster, but the quality level of playing with the new coach tells you a great about the coach herself. Under the old coach, this game would not have been close let a lone a 20 pt half time lead, had we could out as flat as we did. So this new coach Walseth is directing a team of some one else's recruits and able to beat the ninth rank team in the US. This lady will do as much as Amy Ruley did at NDSU. NDSU is not going to be a doormat and might finish high this year.
          I do agree that she is a much better coach and should do really good things there. I think there are two main parts in coaching- coaching during the game and recruiting. There is more to it than that but if you can't get the players or get them to preform on the court, you won't be successful. I like to think most coaches are good at both parts until they show (me) otherwise.
          She is already doing a good job of coaching the players that they have there but it is early. I'm sure she will do fine on the recruiting end, too.

Comment

The early emergence of the Bison as a contender will help the Summit tourney. WIU and USD will also be contenders. These are necesary elements to have a better conference. At this point it is too early to say there is another contender in the conference other than someone can put 3 good games together which is not who you want representing the conference like Denver nearly did last year. The SDSU women still have some parts to assemble to be the best team in the conference. One of those is playing better defense. Even with the standing around on offense they scored 78 points. Meanwhile the Jackrabbits have 2 road games this week. It is my guess the other coaches are saying to their players that SDSU is beatable.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
              I do agree that she is a much better coach and should do really good things there. I think there are two main parts in coaching- coaching during the game and recruiting. There is more to it than that but if you can't get the players or get them to preform on the court, you won't be successful. I like to think most coaches are good at both parts until they show (me) otherwise.
              She is already doing a good job of coaching the players that they have there but it is early. I'm sure she will do fine on the recruiting end, too.
              Some one who was an assistant at Penn State for 8 years had to have learned something about the game. I don't disagree about your comments about coaching, and the former Bison coach had real problem with getting her players to play for her. You next thing you know, someone will suggest that I post this over on Bisonville and that I am a closet Bison fan, but neither works for me.

Comment

Newitt was no doubt representing the Fargoites, I have seen him on WDAY sports or one of the TV channels in Fargo. Of course it was a foul, at least from a Fargo Point of view. If you watch Midco programing they cover both North and South Dakota. So no doubt in my mind what Tom Neiman was thinking and he is a pine rider from the Jim Thorson days.
                Newett, again is not from Fargo. He is a teacher for Sioux Falls public schools. Early on in the season he was doing color commentary with Tyler Merriam for the Jacks men's radio broadcast.

Comment

I'm bored, just to cause a little controversy, no j/k. I looked at the over and back call Newitt and everyone else say's "that has to be called a foul there"....maybe he should get a striped shirt and call the whole game (second thought....no ) and kudos to Nieman for hinting he might be too opinionated for a broadcaster after he said "I don't know how that can't be called a foul", Tom said...."too late" (low toned hint to chill out). I replayed it over and over and Macy made coincidental contact with her hand and LeMar, the drama queen she is , was trying to sell it as a push by flopping, knowing she was going to be trapped and was up against the over and back line.

What's coincidental contact - she didn't mean to do it ? I agree she probably didn't mean to do it , but it's still contact. To me , not calling that a foul was similiar to the officials picking up the flag on the pass interference against the Cowboys. The Jacks were given a gift and they didn't take advantage of it.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                    What's coincidental contact - she didn't mean to do it ? I agree she probably didn't mean to do it , but it's still contact. To me , not calling that a foul was similiar to the officials picking up the flag on the pass interference against the Cowboys. The Jacks were given a gift and they didn't take advantage of it.
                    The calls go both ways nearly every game. It was the refs decision that there was not a foul over there in the corner in front of the Bison bench. If we examine that call, then we need to examine every call through the game. Or just examine the calls by the older bald guy and not the pony tail. I was 45 feet away and it looked like some twisted feet and drama by Lemar, but the guy behind me thought otherwise. The calls are what they are then we saw the player we wanted to get a close shot at the end miss and then lost the game even with the put backs. The real problem is that the Bison smacked us in the mouth at the tip and it took 15 minutes to recover.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

• Re: NDSU

Maybe incidental contact is the better word.To me, incidental contact is the contact that happens hundreds of times throughout the game because it's impossible to play the game with out absolutely no contact what so ever. No ref would stop the game for a foul on every occurance of incidental contact ,that would be absurd .It's acceptable contact more or less .

Macy touched her and she flopped down like she was pushed hard. Acting job, or she lost her own balance because she jerked herself backwards to avoid the tie up. If you've ever pushed someone down, you'd know it takes more effort than what Macy showed. The ref was right there and saw what really happened, he made the right call, the gutsy call the way the Bison fans reacted. Too bad Bison fans, we get some of those calls too from time to time.
                      Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-05-2015, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                        Newett, again is not from Fargo. He is a teacher for Sioux Falls public schools. Early on in the season he was doing color commentary with Tyler Merriam for the Jacks men's radio broadcast.
                        I got him mixed up with the guy who interviewed the NDSU coach at the close of the half. My bad. I know about Newett

Comment

I got him mixed up with the guy who interviewed the NDSU coach at the close of the half. My bad. I know about Newett
                          Gotcha, Brian Shawn then.

Comment

Maybe incidental contact is the better word.To me, incidental contact is the contact that happens hundreds of times throughout the game because it's impossible to play the game with out absolutely no contact what so ever. No ref would stop the game for a foul on every occurance of incidental contact ,that would be absurd .It's acceptable contact more or less .

Macy touched her and she flopped down like she was pushed hard. Acting job, or she lost her own balance because she jerked herself backwards to avoid the tie up. If you've ever pushed someone down, you'd know it takes more effort than what Macy showed. The ref was right there and saw what really happened, he made the right call.
                            I guess I am trying to gauge what the reaction would be here if the situation was reversed and no foul was called. I would bet that all hell would break loose.

Comment

I guess I am trying to gauge what the reaction would be here if the situation was reversed and no foul was called. I would bet that all hell would break loose.
                              For sure, that's why it was gutsy, lot easier to call it the other way. That's why I admire the call, if it was his honest opinion of what actually occurred on that play. What I don't admire, is someone who plays to the crowd, or someone who calls a foul on what he thinks happens, without actually seeing it, automatic whistles if you will, and when you watch the replay, you say, "where's the foul"?

Comment

Macy touched her and she flopped down like she was pushed hard. Acting job, or she lost her own balance because she jerked herself backwards to avoid the tie up. If you've ever pushed someone down, you'd know it takes more effort than what Macy showed. The ref was right there and saw what really happened, he made the right call, the gutsy call the way the Bison fans reacted. Too bad Bison fans, we get some of those calls too from time to time.
                                It wasn't incidental contact. Miller extended her arms and pushed her. I bet if you asked her she would say she was trying to intentionally foul her. That said,it is what it is,and the Jacks didn't take advantage.

Comment

Working...
                                X