conference games ....thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• conference games ....thoughts

I think over-all the OOC portion of the schedule was about average for the Jacks. Average being against very good teams, a tough schedule for sure. We were 4-4 against BYU, Creighton, DePaul, Arkansas, UWGB, MTSU, Ark-LR, Marist. To split with this line up, you have to be of the same caliber of a team, Except for DePaul (we were not ready for that type pressure defense) .

We stole a game, had one stolen (when a teams behind, they're looking to get steals, we were oblivious to this fact,evidently), we had games where we came from behind (dramatic wins),we had both sloppy and skillful play,sometimes in the same game.One poster said the highs were high, but the lows were low also.

Looking ahead,I think we will do OK in conference play,but would like to see better than OK and become the team that can win the SLT and win a game or two in the NCAA Tourney.Let the games begin again......very optomistic, let's get started, the Conference games are here, and here come the Jackrabbits!

Re: conference games ....thoughts

Optimism should be abundant. The team should not have too many big bumps in the conference play. The Jackrabbit defense is better than most fans appreciate. They should get better. The goal for conference play should be undefeated as difficult as that may be in any conference. If we would be fortunate to have Boever ready to contribute, that would be a big plus for those tougher games. Denver(3-11) at Frost should be a good launch for the Jackrabbits. I will go to Fargo Sunday to cheer for an undefeated weekend for both Jackrabbit teams!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

conference games ....thoughts

I think an undefeated conference record is a remote possibility, but I see us dropping 2-3 games along the way. Road wins are going to be difficult at USD and WIU, and both long and short-term history tells us that this team is likely to have a couple of nights where things are just "off". Getting Boever back could really put this team over the top by March, especially on the defensive side of things.

Comment

The only team, other than a SDSU off night, that should really concern us is USD. They are pretty talented and aren't going to be visitors in Sioux Falls.
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

https://twitter.com/TerryVandrovec/s...44549137932288
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
          X