Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2015-2016 WBB schedule

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
    here are the rule changes for women's bb if you would like to review them. the one that i really don't like at all is advancing the ball in final minute.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-...luding-four-10
    I agree on advancing the ball. Penalizes teams that can play tough full-court defense.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      I agree on advancing the ball. Penalizes teams that can play tough full-court defense.
      It will work for them in the regular part of the game when they stop the ball in the backcourt. Will the team be able to call a timeout to reset the clock? The jump ball situations will not reset the clock either when the ball stays with the offense. There could be some reward for defense until the last minute of each quarter.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I wish they would keep it 20 minute halfs. Always liked that with college being a little different.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I subscribe to the "too many cooks in the kitchen" theory as far as rules changes go.Do they ever change one for the better...occasionally yes.Do they ever admit when they don't do any good....occasionally.Rules changes are just too hit or miss it seems.

Comment

a little info on marist. http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/s...look/75522970/

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              I wish they would keep it 20 minute halfs. Always liked that with college being a little different.
              I know it's only been 2 games but I like this rule change. The game is much quicker paced and flows much better. I will say this will be bad for us as there are less free throws shot and we have made a living over the years beating teams at the line.

Comment

Originally posted by 76JACK View Post
                The Red Foxes will need to get it together quick if they lost 4 transfers plus their 2 seniors. They are still picked to finish 2nd in the MAAC. The clip shows the auditorium(seats 3200) that they play games in and it looks much like the Brookings High gym. The Jackrabbits need to start hot and keep the Red Foxes down this year. Last year the Jackrabbits took the second half off and lost big.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Will the women's team have a redshirt with Graettinger? She may have had some injury that prevented her from getting more minutes in the first exhibition game and kept her out of the second exhibition game. Otherwise, it is hard to find another player who might take a redshirt year. This is not to overlook Wade as a redshirt, but that situation is mandated for a redshirt.

Comment

Originally posted by 76JACK View Post
                    Looks like they did well recruiting from Minnesota.

Comment

Working...
                    X