2015-2016 WBB schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2015-2016 WBB schedule

This type of schedule is the road map to a top 10 seed. Whether or not the car can survive the trip, is the question. It's good that we have a bunch of experienced players on the roster because there won't be much time for "working things out". At least we have the opportunity to make a huge impact before settling into the Summit season. AJ and staff can't get enough credit for what they've done with this program.

Comment

Link to Zimmer's story in the 8/11/15 Argus on the Women's challenging schedule:
      http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...omen/31507133/

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
        This type of schedule is the road map to a top 10 seed. Whether or not the car can survive the trip, is the question. It's good that we have a bunch of experienced players on the roster because there won't be much time for "working things out". At least we have the opportunity to make a huge impact before settling into the Summit season. AJ and staff can't get enough credit for what they've done with this program.
        Yup.

Step 1: Schedule the tough games.
        Step 2: Win the tough games.

Step 1 complete.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
          Yup.

Step 1: Schedule the tough games.
          Step 2: Win the tough games.

Step 1 complete.
          Step 3: More Cowbell.....?
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Comment

A Saturday night
              Notre Dame
              Frost Arena
              I'm not missing this one for anything. My hope is about 5500 other Jackrabbit fans agree with me!

I want to hear Muffet McGraw's post game interview go something like this..."We ran into a buzzsaw tonight...I've never experienced noise like that during a game."

Go Jacks!!

With that said...I want to thank Coach McGraw for taking this game on and honoring the home and home. There's not a lot of top 5 teams that would do that.
              SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                A Saturday night
                Notre Dame
                Frost Arena
                I'm not missing this one for anything. My hope is about 5500 other Jackrabbit fans agree with me!

I want to hear Muffet McGraw's post game interview go something like this..."We ran into a buzzsaw tonight...I've never experienced noise like that during a game."

Go Jacks!!

With that said...I want to thank Coach McGraw for taking this game on and honoring the home and home. There's not a lot of top 5 teams that would do that.
                It would be disappointing if the Frost was not filled for this game. The WBB schedule should bring large support if only to see how competitive the schedule has been built.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

We are proud to bring you Saturday Night Live!....from Frost Arena in downtown Brookings, with guest appearances from the "FIGHTING IRISH" of NOTRE DAME, and Featuring the "JACKRABBITS" FROM B'ville , comes the game we've all been waiting for, brought to you by South Dakota State University....scoot to the edge of your seats and hold on for dear life, as the game you've all been waiting for is about to begin .......and now, here's your host for tonight Scotty Kwas

Comment

Don't be surprised if it is an afternoon game, so the Irish can get out of town. They may even have their own plane.

Comment

Originally posted by poppa1 View Post
                      Don't be surprised if it is an afternoon game, so the Irish can get out of town. They may even have their own plane.
                      Gojacks.com lists the game at 4:00. I won't be able to make that one but would really like to make the trip up for Arkansas (Wed the 18th). That Arkansas game is one of the set of "winnable" non-conference games that we'll need to get if we want to further solidify a national reputation.

Here's an article about the 2015 Arkansas schedule that mentions SDSU:

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/to...-w-basketball/

– University of Arkansas women’s basketball coach Jimmy Dykes promised a tough non-conference schedule and he has delivered as the Razorbacks face four teams from last year’s NCAA Tournament in 2015-16.The University of Texas, South Dakota State, Oregon State and Rutgers highlight the 13-game non-conference slate as Dykes moves into his second season at the helm. We’ve put together a non-conference schedule that will test us and show both our strengths and weaknesses,” Dykes said. “This is exactly the kind of schedule I need to prepare for the always-tough SEC schedule in January. “It is a great balance with different kinds of teams, all of whom have unique skills that will challenge us. We have an extremely young team with eight newcomers and they will have to grow up quickly during the fall before we face the rigors of the SEC schedule.”

If he calls their non-conference schedule "tough", imagine what he would think of ours!

Comment

Aaron Johnston ‏@Coach_AJ 2h2 hours ago
                        Two weeks away from our first practice. Everyone is doing well & anxious to start another successful season.

Comment

Go Jacks.com may have changed the game time for ND to 2 pm.

http://www.gojacks.com/SportSelect.d...B_OEM_ID=15000
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Good article about the upcoming season.

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...B_OEM_ID=15000

Comment

The BB practice has begun. A 6 month season is underway.
                              https://twitter.com/hashtag/TheSTATEWay?src=hash

Comment

Just basing from the video, it appears Alexanders 3pt shooting is fairly solid. She has great form.

The backcourt is very deep this season with Miller, Boever, Guebert, Alexander, and Cornemann. Not to mention the other two freshman, Graettinger and Palmer who will be fighting for minutes. Have to wonder if one of them will redshirt? I can see AJ playing a 3 guard lineup a lot this season with Miller playing the 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X