#18 DePaul GDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: #18 DePaul GDT

DePaul is crushing Creighton 49-28 at halftime. Creighton is one of the best in low turnovers has 10 or more at halftime. DePaul is still playing 94' of intense defense.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

DePaul coasts to 96-71 win over Creighton.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
        DePaul coasts to 96-71 win over Creighton.
        I take it Creighton didn't hit 14 3's against DePaul like they did against us, our defense is poorly ranked in the NCAA stats, a lot due to earlier games, but I think our defense still needs shoring up, it might be the biggest thing holding the Jacks back. AJ seems to mention defense a lot. Stats don't lie, and shows a teams weakness, as well as its strength .

Looked it up, as I was curious, Creighton was 4-19 shooting 21% for 3's,14 TO's( TO's no real factor as they forced 12 against DePaul). That's also due to DePaul players smothering on defense and not allowing them to set up for shots I suppose. Lot's of teams, especially Summit teams, count on a significant part of their scoring production to come from hitting a few three's. That's why the Summit has lots of good three point shooters. Creighton too.

I wish we could play a smothering defense like DePaul, but we are too undisciplined and foul too much. Even when we have someone trapped and on the verge of a 5 sec call TO, we reach in an get a foul first. Summit refs call fouls very closely, and I get a chuckle when I see the reaction on players faces, especially OOC games, of fouls called that wouldn't be called in their own conference. The home court advantage.I see the same advantage when we play away however.Got to play physical ,but don't hack accross arms or bump bodies too hard on shot attempts basically. Don't even touch a flopper....ooops
        Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-24-2015, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X