Creighton returns to Frost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Creighton returns to Frost

need three's ....that's only way....no more than 10 sec sets....and pressure ,stops

Comment

Give Creighton credit, they played hard right off the opening tip, and didn't blink when we got within two....great composure by them.

Comment

Final 88-81 Creighton....

Comment

I don't get it - if you didn't know the score , you would swear we were up by 6 rather than down by 6. No urgency on offense , and on defense we played off of them and let them dribble and pass around the perimeter for 30 seconds on every possession. Their best three players foul out and you would think we would pressure the heck out of them.

Comment

May be a good loss for this team. I question their toughness and sense of importance for every possession. Sometimes losses help a team understand what it takes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

12-24 from 3 does not help at all. There are a lot of stupid turnovers and you can tell it frustrates AJ. They have to clean it up. #18 Depaul will be a great 1st game road test.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                12-24 from 3 does not help at all. There are a lot of stupid turnovers and you can tell it frustrates AJ. They have to clean it up. #18 Depaul will be a great 1st game road test.
                Gotta defend the 3-point line. It's not a difficult shot. Especially in the women's game. Many of the best shooters can't drive AT ALL. Force them to dribble or pass and it's a turnover not a layup.

We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                  Gotta defend the 3-point line. It's not a difficult shot. Especially in the women's game. Many of the best shooters can't drive AT ALL. Force them to dribble or pass and it's a turnover not a layup.

AJ diplomatic in his post-game interview. Said we played hard but not hard enough. He noted Creighton is a good team. "Incredibly disappointing" but we have to learn and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                    AJ diplomatic in his post-game interview. Said we played hard but not hard enough. He noted Creighton is a good team. "Incredibly disappointing" but we have to learn and move on.
                    He gets it. These women are playing for a very accomplished program. Guess what? That is in the past. This team has to learn to win it's way. Last years team didn't do that and many of these same players are back. They can do it and I expect they will do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                      Lexi Alexander looks lost and awful out there....
                      I second that motion. Lexi is not up to speed. Shooting and defense are both in need. She needs to find the next gear. Passes need a bit more crispness as well. The freshman year is tough for her. I miss Gabby.
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Gotta get Macy more involved...or she needs to get herself more involved. She is wayyyyy too efficient offensively to be taking a handful of shots per game.
                        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

If you watched Stanford and UConn play each other, you saw two teams who had confidence and composure who could roll with the punches. We get flustered and try to force things when the shots don't fall early.

You can tell more about a team when they have to face adversity and have to fight back to get back into a game than one where everything goes in the bucket.

This game was lost because we didn't want to win it soon enough, and it was a constant mental strain to get back into it. We couldn't deal with it good enough, so we lost. We learn from it and move on, a little bit wiser and a little bit tougher.

Maybe BYU was a little too easy, not because they aren't good, but because we won too easily and weren't prepared for a hungry 0-1 Creighton fresh from a very hard fought loss to Wichita State .
                          Last edited by jackdaniel; 11-19-2014, 11:44 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I think we learned something today that will make us better down the line! GO Jacks!!

Comment

Just watched the post game interview with the players, alway's feel sorry for the ones picked after a loss, they get all the hard questions, with the chore of explaining the loss . The ones after BYU are laughing, in a good mood. Not quite fair,I think all the players should get the opportunity to face the hard questions, not easy.

Comment

I didn't get to watch the game intently due to having company over, but everytime I looked at the screen it seemed as though Creighton was nailing a contested 3 pointer to answer a Jackrabbit run.

Obviously there were things we could have done better, but sometimes you just have to tip your cap to the opponent for playing lights out.
                                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                                - Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                                X