Gabby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gabby

It would be nice if had the female version of Nate Wolters. That would be different for the women's offense
    Gabby will be missed.[/QUOTE]

Yes Gabby will be missed. That said, if anyone is going to be Nate-like it'll be Miller. I realize she has yet to prove on the college court. Watching a few of her HS games it's deceiving how quick she is, there is also a smoothness on how she attacks the rim. The post are going to do very well if they can hit the 8-10 foot jumper she dishes out to them. I saw nothing to show her defense as a liability, her D is very strong. Of course we need Gabby, we need her leadership and much like Paluch did she will lead from the bench. Getting a healthy Gabby back late January/early February sets us up very well come tourney time.

Comment

No question that the loss of Gabby hurts the team but this freshman class is supposedly better than last years freshman class. If the team can get the same contribution from in the this freshman class it's going to be a great season regardless of the loss of Gabby. Our depth is a huge asset. The team will be that much better after Gabby returns from injury. Also Gabby's shooting is inconstant but her leadership and her defense was a big part of the final 4 wnit run last season. Gabby makes ridiculous shots. One that still sticks in my mind was during the Penn State game when she had to throw a half court shot up because the shot clock was about to go off and it went in. She is the only player that makes those crazy kind of shots.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
        No question that the loss of Gabby hurts the team but this freshman class is supposedly better than last years freshman class. If the team can get the same contribution from in the this freshman class it's going to be a great season regardless of the loss of Gabby. Our depth is a huge asset. The team will be that much better after Gabby returns from injury. Also Gabby's shooting is inconstant but her leadership and her defense was a big part of the final 4 wnit run last season. Gabby makes ridiculous shots. One that still sticks in my mind was during the Penn State game when she had to throw a half court shot up because the shot clock was about to go off and it went in. She is the only player that makes those crazy kind of shots.
        You are absolutely correct - we will miss Gabby. Was she a great shooter? No. Did she have a high free throw percentage? No. Is Gabby the best ball handler the Jacks ever had? No. But when Gabby had to she could score. What I think we will miss mostly with Gabby out is the way she could take a team out of their offense. She was so disruptive with her defense and pressure that the other team had less time to run their offense. This is an opportunity for a couple other women to step up. But, hurry up and get back Gabby - the Jacks need you on the floor.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Macy Miller will be very difficult to take out of the lineup once she gets in. I believe point guard will be her best position in college.

Comment

So when Gabby comes back, I assume she will be eased back into the rotation. I'm assuming Macy will slide to the 2 and Kerri will go back to coming off the bench since Macy has been playing too well to take out of the starting line-up. Kerri has proven she can be a 6th person force.

This will really help us as right now we don't seem to be getting much scoring punch off the bench. I expect that to improve when we hit conference season, but our bench posts have seemed to struggle since the start of the regular season. We'll see if Ober/Thompson can give us a little more scoring punch against the midmajor powers portion of our schedule.

Comment

Anyone know when she is expected back?

Comment

Anyone close to the team know if the intent is to replace Macy with Gabby in the starting lineup?

Comment

Vandrovec reports that they hope to have a timeline on Gabby's injury sometime after Jan 1.
                  "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

I would guess, and this is just a guess, but if the team is performing well, and winning... Gabby will have a reserve role at point Guard.

I can't see AJ moving Maci over... Both Wings and both posts play essentially the same role, but the point guard does not in his system.

He has done this some in the past with Steph, and Tara, and Jill, but that was more out of necessity.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                      I would guess, and this is just a guess, but if the team is performing well, and winning... Gabby will have a reserve role at point Guard.

I can't see AJ moving Maci over... Both Wings and both posts play essentially the same role, but the point guard does not in his system.

He has done this some in the past with Steph, and Tara, and Jill, but that was more out of necessity.
                      Especially if they don't even have a "timeline" on a return until January 1. That makes you think that she might not be available for more than a handful of games and the tournament. Adding her senior leadership and defensive skills to what already looks like a good time would be a great boost for March.

Comment

Both Gabby and Macy will be used extensively throughout the year,the caveat being Gabby will be brought into play cautiously, to avoid any chance of aggravating her injury needlessly.JMO

Comment

Has anybody heard the status of Gabby's injury???? Is she out for the year????

Comment

Originally posted by jumpinjackrabbit View Post
                            Has anybody heard the status of Gabby's injury???? Is she out for the year????
                            Last I heard was 2 or 3 weeks ago when AJ talked about it in a postgame interview and said that it was possible but not very likely that Gabby would be playing this year because she still had quite a ways to go to be ready.

Comment

If no one has heard yet, Boever will be returning to SDSU for a 6th season. SDSU's back-court will be stacked next year!

Comment

What does this mean for scholarships available for incoming freshmen? Does one have to walk-on? Do we get an exception and have an extra available scholarship available for next season?
                                "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Working...
                                X