2014-2015 & Future Rosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014-2015 & Future Rosters

Kind of amazed at the panic on here. I think we will be okay. Severyn never even played and Chynna I think at times did not seem to have her head in the game and will leave it at that.

Comment

I'll always remember Chynna for the last 3pts in the amazing 9 pts in 27 seconds ( to force OT) and the subsequent OT victory against Arkansas. Everything had to go perfect to pull that off, and it did. Chynna was a big part of that, so, she's left a partial legacy behind, at least in my mind.
      Last edited by jackdaniel; 05-04-2015, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
        Kind of amazed at the panic on here. I think we will be okay. Severyn never even played and Chynna I think at times did not seem to have her head in the game and will leave it at that.
        Who's panicking?

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          With 15 total scholarships available , we would have two openings yet , correct ? I count 8 current players returning ( Alexander,Boever,Corneman,Miller,Young,Thompson,Ob er and Flaata ) plus the 4 fall signings plus the recent JUCO addition for a total of 13 for next year.
          This is what I've got also.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
            I stood next to Clarissa Ober the other day and she is 6'3".
            Notre Dame women-2014-15 started two 6-3 forwards w/ a 6-2 forward getting basically all the reserve minutes. A 6-4 center got just a few garbage minutes. Granted, they are over 6' but no one has that extreme size. And they seem to be fairly good!!!!!! Size wise we should be OK based on that. So, playing them at Frost should be a 20 point win!!! In jest, of course--just a little!

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              Ellie Thompson will start at the 4 just as she did after Stevens got injured. I think Mieras will get a crash course in playing that spot to see if she can provide backup duty there. The JUCO player coming in will probably be the backup to Young at the 3 and maybe at the 4 if necessary.
              I think that Thompson will start at the 4, too. I have her at the 4 and Ober at the 5. As far as I know their backups are Flatta, Mieras and Young. Megan W played the 4 last year and that's why I think that Young should be able to do it but I'd prefer somebody else. We will be really deep and 1-3 so if one of those players have to play the 4 it won't kill us but I wonder if it will affect Young's(or whoever else plays the PF spots) offense.

I think that of the five players that we lose, four of them played or could of played the post. The only one that didn't was Rachel W.. Clarin, Stevens, Megan W. and (I think) Kaitlyn would of. Now you replace them with Flatta, Mieras and three guards(I think). I just think it will be interesting to see how the post play developes or if we will be playing four guards more often than we have in the past. Of course, maybe Flatta and Mieras will come in and the four post players might be able to hold down the 4 & 5 spots so this could all be idle speculation.

There is another option. Instead of playing two deep at every position, we could try to play our posts more and rarely give them a break but I think AJ would rather put Young (or somebody else there) to keep our posts fresh and out of could trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                I haven't read any indication of panic, just some good discussion. But, I think you make some points, JackguyII: Severyn was an unknown. I thought Chynna was stellar at times but once in a while I thought she didn't seem fully in gear. I hope she does well at the west coast USD -- that school has had some decent teams.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                  I haven't read any indication of panic, just some good discussion. But, I think you make some points, JackguyII: Severyn was an unknown. I thought Chynna was stellar at times but once in a while I thought she didn't seem fully in gear. I hope she does well at the west coast USD -- that school has had some decent teams.
                  My guess is that she will love San Diego if she has never been there before. Better weather than Brookings without all the drizzly days. If you want the heat, just head out into the desert.
                  The WCC seems to be mostly church schools, I see. Therefore, scholarships are paramount.
                  Best of luck to them, hope to see them in the tournaments.

Comment

The first three early November games, Marist, (glad we scheduled them first), Arkansas (will probably want revenge from last game we stole away) and of course Nat'l recognition incarnate ,Notre Dame (if we can beat them.....tall task), will severely test any lineup and rotation we come up with.We've got to be sharp from the get go next year with the teams we'll face, newcomers will experience trial by fire I suspect, with the only acquisition to college basketball being Div II exhibition games.

Comment

I think Meagan Stewart could apply for a medical redshirt which would help depth if she could get healthy. But I don't know if she is interested.

Comment

Originally posted by sdsu_drake View Post
                        I think Meagan Stewart could apply for a medical redshirt which would help depth if she could get healthy. But I don't know if she is interested.
                        She's already indicated that her playing days are over.

Comment

I posted this on another thread but Coach AJ rarely has ever used his full allotment of scholarships.

Going by rosters on gojacks -
                          2007-08: 14
                          2008-09: 14
                          2009-10: 14
                          2010-11: 13
                          2011-12: 13
                          2012-13: 13
                          2013-14: 14
                          2014-15: 14

Comment

Originally posted by 73alum View Post
                            Notre Dame women-2014-15 started two 6-3 forwards w/ a 6-2 forward getting basically all the reserve minutes. A 6-4 center got just a few garbage minutes. Granted, they are over 6' but no one has that extreme size. And they seem to be fairly good!!!!!! Size wise we should be OK based on that. So, playing them at Frost should be a 20 point win!!! In jest, of course--just a little!
                            Bingo! Notre Dame is an elite program. Outside of the top four or five teams in the nation, they are all looking for 6' 3" players that are athletic, can dominate the paint, and run the floor. Clarissa is going to do a great job. Of course, we need to pursue that type of player but it will be hard to get them to SDSU unless home grown.

SUPERBUNNY
                            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                              Bingo! Notre Dame is an elite program. Outside of the top four or five teams in the nation, they are all looking for 6' 3" players that are athletic, can dominate the paint, and run the floor. Clarissa is going to do a great job. Of course, we need to pursue that type of player but it will be hard to get them to SDSU unless home grown.

SUPERBUNNY
                              Yes, we seem to get pretty athletic posts who are capable of and who can jump, hurry/alter shots, who exhibit quickness, are real deterrents to those who enter the post. We recruit the best players we can for post players ,as we do for all players/positions. Agree with your assessment. Coaching staff does a good job.

Comment

Congrats and Good Luck to Chynna on officially signing with San Diego. It would be fun to see USD (Toreros) and SDSU play against each other while Stevens is there. I will still follow her as she competes in the WCC.
                                http://www.usdtoreros.com/sports/w-b...051115aaa.html

Comment

Working...
                                X