2014-2015 & Future Rosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2014-2015 & Future Rosters

How do we know if something's been vetted as far as the truth? Wait till someone's been called out for it? I'll probably not be the first to pass along anything anymore till it's been properly vetted out. Safer that way, I've learned a lesson. Instant forms of communication can spread rumors very quickly it seems, if one assumes because it's been posted it must be true.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
      How do we know if something's been vetted as far as the truth? Wait till someone's been called out for it? I'll probably not be the first to pass along anything anymore till it's been properly vetted out. Safer that way, I've learned a lesson. Instant forms of communication can spread rumors very quickly it seems, if one assumes because it's been posted it must be true.
      You point out why there is at least some attempt on this board to not allow pure speculation. filbert's attribution rule sets a relatively low bar but one that requires more than just guessing by a poster. I agree with your last sentence.

We want to try to avoid causing harm through false innuendo about SDSU athletes and I have to believe that all of the regular posters on this board, whether they agree with the attribution rule or not, agree that we do not want to cause harm to SDSU athletes by spreading false information.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        Okay, I'll play along (but just a little). I conclude that due to the timing of the message, the nature of the message (e.g. totally off topic etc.) that mmiller_34 is simply making crap up to try to make a point that attributing something to a person is not proof that the attributed statement is true. In other words: mmiller_34 is violating various other rules on the board which were intended to have reasonable discourse on SDSU athletics and related. It's easy to now conclude that mmiller_34 is not a reliable poster* and wants to jab at the bartenders (all of whom are very well paid to keep track of and limit the efforts of idiots). So, let's do this: mmiller_34, this is a warning. Don't push it.

There. Happy now?

*Trolls are not reliable posters.
        Fair enough. I guess I should have concluded my post with clearly stating my intent to lighten the mood with some dumb humor while proving why hearsay speculation is not sufficient. My bad.

Comment

For the record:
          1. I do not think mmiller_34 is an unreliable poster...he has proved to be a valuable member of this board.
          2. My response was also intended to be in a lighter vein but I think I missed the mark.

My bottom line: I like the attribution rule.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
            For the record: I do not think mmiller_34 is an unreliable poster.
            I totally fell for that. Yikes.

Comment

I am of the opinion that the attribution rule is nothing more than collusion between the moderators to bring more libel lawsuits to the greater Watertown area, and in turn, bring in more clients for JackJD. Of course, Filbert receives a "finder's fee."

Oh, and my source? The voices in my head.
              Last edited by Kemo; 04-09-2015, 05:12 AM. Reason: Spelling
              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
                I just talked to Lane Severyn. His sister is leaving the team. He doesn't know if she will leave the school or even still play basketball. Lane did not know about Chynna.
                She was a pretty good volleyball player too. Maybe she will change sports

Comment

If true, it will be interesting to see what AJ might be able to do with two open scholarships during "transfer season". SDSU WBB has to be on a lot of players radars. Nice home crowds, huge tournament crowds, lots of wins and an excellent chance of playing in the NCAA Tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by mmiller_34 View Post
                    I just text messaged a friend who knows Doug Elgin, the commissioner of the Missouri Valley Conference. He Facebook messaged me back and told me that all MVFC Summit teams are merging with the MVC. Oh, also, once this happens the MVC will begin sponsoring FBS football (Just in time for the new stadium to be finished). He said that Wichita State was adding football again, he said he had a reliable source from inside the Shocker athletic program.

Oh, other things too. UND will join us. Drake will add football scholarships. Bradley, Evansville, Loyola, IPFW, and IUPUI are leaving for the Horizon League. Denver back to WAC.

Also, the Big 12 is paying for all scholarship increases to FBS for some reason. The guy who facebook messaged me said he didn't really know why, but he said he thought it had something to do with wrestling.

Anyway.... take it for what its worth but... pretty solid information here.

**Edit: I almost forgot, talked to a friend of Peyton Manning the other day. Peyton has changed his mind about coming back to the NFL next season. He is becoming SDSU's QB coach, and because he is rich, he is doing it for free.

Too soon?
                    This would have been a perfect April Fools post, but its one week late. A bunch of us would have fallen for it. Can I use it next year?

Comment

Re: Future Roster

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                      She's been here for a year!!! And she redshirted!

Now if she does leave, that's her decisions but you can't say she never seemed to be able to put it together when she is a true freshman. That's ridiculous.
                      Point taken.

I'm still sad to see her leave the program, and I do wish them both well.

Comment

She's been here for a year!!! And she redshirted!

Now if she does leave, that's her decisions but you can't say she never seemed to be able to put it together when she is a true freshman. That's ridiculous.
                        BUTTT its her life. She is free to do with it as she so likes and the fans are just a glimmer in the back mirrow of her car as she leaves Brookings. She could be the first woman governor who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          BUTTT its her life. She is free to do with it as she so likes and the fans are just a glimmer in the back mirrow of her car as she leaves Brookings. She could be the first woman governor who knows.
                          You must have missed the part where I said "that's her decision" if she were to leave the program. I just thought it's unfair to say that she's never put it together when she's been in the program for a year. Again, if she wants to leave that's her decision

Comment

You must have missed the part where I said "that's her decision" if she were to leave the program. I just thought it's unfair to say that she's never put it together when she's been in the program for a year. Again, if she wants to leave that's her decision
                            Yes I did miss that. Sorry!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              She already was a Lady Governor!
                              "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
                                She already was a Lady Governor!
                                Does that affect her term limits then?
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X