Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014-2015 & Future Rosters

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    2 of the 3 2017 openings already have commits (maybe all 3 if Lamb has committed) so AJ has some time for COA to work itself out.
    They haven't signed a LOI so a verbal commitment means almost nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
      They haven't signed a LOI so a verbal commitment means almost nothing.
      Can you name any AJ verbals that have not eventually signed ? It happens with football, but very rarely with BB. If it ever does, it's usually a mutual decision between the player and coaching staff.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        Can you name any AJ verbals that have not eventually signed ? It happens with football, but very rarely with BB. If it ever does, it's usually a mutual decision between the player and coaching staff.
        Did I say there have been recruits that haven't signed? I'm also not blind to the possibility of that happening.

A verbal commitment has zero repercussions for the athlete if they change their minds. Sorta like, hey I'll buy your trailer house for 7 billions dollars!

If you don't think there are colleges, USD and NDSU specifically, that could (maybe likely will) approach our recruits and say we'll give you COA you've got your head in the sand.

I'm not going to lose any sleep over it though. AJ has us in position to be VERY good for the next 3 years. That success will likely put even better recruits in our lap.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
          Did I say there have been recruits that haven't signed? I'm also not blind to the possibility of that happening.

A verbal commitment has zero repercussions for the athlete if they change their minds. Sorta like, hey I'll buy your trailer house for 7 billions dollars!

If you don't think there are colleges, USD and NDSU specifically, that could (maybe likely will) approach our recruits and say we'll give you COA you've got your head in the sand.

I'm not going to lose any sleep over it though. AJ has us in position to be VERY good for the next 3 years. That success will likely put even better recruits in our lap.
          2017 recruits won't be signing with anyone for 51 weeks and I'm confident SDSU not offering COA will be a moot point long before then.

Comment

I think COA will have little effect in women's basketball recruiting. Besides not very many mid-major teams are offering COA right now right?

Comment

Just the two in our conference who are giving it, so far,is all I'm worried about.We recruit for a lot of the same players.All the best players will be looking for a better deal,and why not....JMO. I would put offering a COA ahead of renovating Frost right now.Frost arena isn't exactly a dump,it's very nice facility as a matter of fact.Renovations to me are more for fans than trying to attract good players.The players aren't going to be using the suites.

NDSU and USD are forcing the issue.If we start falling behind in recruiting and let USD and NDSU catch up and overtake us because we are too cheap to provide a COA,then I'd have to attribute the following decline of athletics at SDSU to short sightedness and failure to recognize the need to keep up with those who want to have winning athletic programs.I'm hoping I won't see that ever happen at SDSU.We are fortunate enough to be a ways ahead in basketball,we have a little leeway there at least.
              Last edited by jackdaniel; 11-17-2015, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                NDSU and USD are forcing the issue.If we start falling behind in recruiting and let USD and NDSU catch up and overtake us because we are too cheap to provide a COA,then I'd have to attribute the following decline of athletics at SDSU to short sightedness and failure to recognize the need to keep up with those who want to have winning athletic programs.
                OMG the sky is falling. I can't understand why the department is so cheap, why the coaches are hiding their heads in the sand, and the administration has failed to recognize the need to keep up with those who want a winning program. Didn't realize we had a bunch of short-sighted people at the head of this doomed program. Now I will hardly be able to sleep tonight...or the next 51 weeks when we are going to lose all of those people who have made verbal commitments!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                  OMG the sky is falling. I can't understand why the department is so cheap, why the coaches are hiding their heads in the sand, and the administration has failed to recognize the need to keep up with those who want a winning program. Didn't realize we had a bunch of short-sighted people at the head of this doomed program. Now I will hardly be able to sleep tonight...or the next 51 weeks when we are going to lose all of those people who have made verbal commitments!
                  ok....maybe a little bit over-reacting on my part...maybe not as drastic as i've depicted...LOL

Comment

Updated post #1 to reflect recent news.
                    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                      Kerri Young- G/F
                      Clarissa Ober- C
                      Ena Viso- G

Tiffaney Flaata- C
                      Macy Miller- G
                      Alexis Alexander- PG
                      Ellie Thompson- F

Jessica Mieras- C
                      Sydney Palmer- F
                      Annabel Graettinger- G
                      Madison Guebert- G
                      Tonoia Wade- F

Megan Bultsma- C
                      Sydney Tracy-F
                      Tagyn Larson- F

Lindsey Theuninck- G
                      Tylee Irwin- G/F
                      Since Annabel Graettinger redshirted this year, shouldn't she be in the 2016 group?

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitTimes3 View Post
                        Since Annabel Graettinger redshirted this year, shouldn't she be in the 2016 group?
                        Correct,she'll be a Rfr ,along with freshmen,Bultsma, Tracy.
                        Larson will join them the following year when they all will be sophomores.
                        Last edited by jackdaniel; 04-01-2016, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Correct,she'll be a Rfr ,along with freshmen,Bultsma, Tracy.
                          Larson will join them the following year when they all will be sophomores.
                          You are not correct...Annabel is part of the 2015 class regardless of redshirt or not.
                          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                            You are not correct...Annabel is part of the 2015 class regardless of redshirt or not.
                            Who wants to be correct all the time anyway...maybe an accountant,President ? ... Anyway,2016-2017 will be the first season Annabel plays as a Freshman, if I worded that correctly.

Comment

Who wants to be correct all the time anyway...maybe an accountant,President ? ... Anyway,2016-2017 will be the first season Annabel plays as a Freshman, if I worded that correctly.
                              Sounds good to me, either way. I can believe how detailed some of you get about the personnel on the women's team. I am sure they are all fine people, arguing over which class they belong too????????

Comment

Per her Instagram. Chynna Stevens has returned to SDSU. not sure yet if she's gonna play basketball again, but she will be back on campus.

Comment

Working...
                                X