Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WNIT,What's it mean?

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
    That simply isn't true. The WNIT website plainly states that factors other than just bid are taken into consideration. If UTEP draws 10,000+ tonight (and wins), but bids a few thousand less than us, UTEP will host. Fan base is kind of a big deal also...
    Fan base don't mean sh*t to TCS. They are all about making money. They can write whatever they want on their website.

Comment

I need some help with this one. Why on earth would TCS cheer against a program that has put 8,000+ butts in the seats, with the potential for 10,000+?
      Show me the money!

Let's say it is all based on the bid and SDSU has outbid UTEP (who ends up winning) there is going to be a lot of angry UTEP fans who now feel they the only reason they won't be hosting another home game is because of the almighty dollar.
      Last edited by UWMandSDSU; 03-31-2014, 04:41 PM.

Comment

The speculation will be over at 10 tonight.
        http://www.utepathletics.com/sports/...kbl-sched.html to listen or stats
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
          Fan base don't mean sh*t to TCS.
          You could not be more wrong.
          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
            Show me the money!

Let's say it is all based on the bid and SDSU has outbid UTEP (who ends up winning) there is going to be a lot of angry UTEP fans who now feel they the only reason they won't be hosting another home game is because of the almighty dollar.
            I honestly believe its all about the money as well. SDSU would put twice the dollars in TCS pocket for possibly more than one game. If the Jacks host and win the dollars keep rolling in with another possible host.

Selling cheap tickets and letting people in free at half time does not generate revenue. Speculation here but they have already announced that if Washington wins the Jacks host. If UTEP had the bid why would it not be said that if UTEP wins they will host SDSU? I think the Jacks host regardless of who wins? However, I don't decide that - so we will see soon.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
              I honestly believe its all about the money as well. SDSU would put twice the dollars in TCS pocket for possibly more than one game. If the Jacks host and win the dollars keep rolling in with another possible host.

Selling cheap tickets and letting people in free at half time does not generate revenue. Speculation here but they have already announced that if Washington wins the Jacks host. If UTEP had the bid why would it not be said that if UTEP wins they will host SDSU? I think the Jacks host regardless of who wins? However, I don't decide that - so we will see soon.

GBGBGJ
              I'm wondering if UW didn't submit a bid. Could be an arena conflict or something. I think UW issued the release saying they travel to SDSU if they win. Don't think it came from TCS.

I agree it's about the money. Any sane business is going to try to maximize profits. You do that by accepting the highest bid. You put the other stuff on the website to try to convince people it's not about the money.

Comment

I honestly believe its all about the money as well. SDSU would put twice the dollars in TCS pocket for possibly more than one game.
                How do you figure? What if, by some stretch of the imagination, UTEP bids more than we do. Their athletic budget is...ya know...bigger.
                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

How do you figure? What if, by some stretch of the imagination, UTEP bids more than we do. Their athletic budget is...ya know...bigger.
                  Than the bid would decide the host site not the number of people in the stands. Inexpensive tickets and or free tickets I don't believe will decide who gets to host.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Than the bid would decide the host site not the number of people in the stands. Inexpensive tickets and or free tickets I don't believe will decide who gets to host.

GBGBGJ
                    Fair enough. It may be a moot point. Washington will give UTEP all they can handle...and possibly more

Comment

• Re: WNIT,What's it mean?

Rutgers leading Bowling Green 41 - 33 with 10 to play.

Comment

Per @WillVega21:

I'd say about 8,000 for @UTEPWBB??? http://t.co/aQ3iGVDTOE

Comment

14-6 WA up, 7 min in.

Comment

Go Huskies....

19-13 UW WITH 10:00 to go in half. Any free video feeds?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Wash leading scorer picked up her 3rd foul at 9:00 mark of 1st half...

Comment

Wash leading scorer picked up her 3rd foul at 9:00 mark of 1st half...
                                32 to 30 UTEP leads Washington at the half. Zero points from Washington bench. Wash with a foul with .02 seconds left gave UTEP 2 free throws to end the first half.

We have a game.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Working...
                                X