Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WNIT,What's it mean?

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    The email I got from my guy at TCS says the decision will be made tonight. Reading into that, I would say UTEP is in control. They win, they will host the rest of the way. I think you can take that to the bank. So, I will be pulling for Washington. Go Huskies!!
    I want Washington to win, not only because we'd get to play them at home, but also that a win over a Washington Pac 12 team just sounds a bit better than a win over Conference USA UTEP.

Comment

Well, the men whipped Washington a couple years ago. Let's hope the women get the chance for the sweep!

GO HUSKIES!

SUPERBUNNY
      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Either way, it'll be the greatest challenge to date in our WNIT run. Washington is really, reallly, really good now that they are healthy. One of the best backcourts in the nation. Going to UTEP and playing in front of 12,000 would also qualify as a challenge. I guess we just as well win the whole dang thing!
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

One thing that needs to be taken into account is the the size of both arenas. UTEPs Arena doubles Frost. If SDSUs WNIT games were being played in Sioux Falls the numbers would be better and without a doubt SDSU would be hosting. With that being said SDSU has back-to-back season highs for attendance the last couple of games. It going to be interesting who hosts if UTEP wins. Our tickets prices double theirs and their attendance numbers double ours. 50/50 shot imo.

Go Huskies!

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
            One thing that needs to be taken into account is the the size of both arenas. UTEPs Arena doubles Frost. If SDSUs WNIT games were being played in Sioux Falls the numbers would be better and without a doubt SDSU would be hosting. With that being said SDSU has back-to-back season highs for attendance the last couple of games. It going to be interesting who hosts if UTEP wins. Our tickets prices double theirs and their attendance numbers double ours. 50/50 shot imo.

Go Huskies!
            You got to think 20 dollar tickets trump 6 buck tickets in the minds of the decision makers. Just saying. Have no clue who will host.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post

Go Huskies!
              We haven't sold out Frost yet so I'm fairly sure playing in the SF arena wouldn't help our numbers.

Comment

It means they are trying fill arena tonight. At half you get in free . That is reference to UTEP selling tickets through halftime. It may be a bit premature to think they are selling tickets for Thursday.
                Last edited by OldHare; 03-31-2014, 02:23 PM. Reason: clarification
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                  It means they are trying fill arena tonight. At half you get in free . That is reference to UTEP selling tickets through halftime. It may be a bit premature to think they are selling tickets for Thursday.
                  I would agree. I don't think they are selling tickets for Thursday.

Comment

If Washington has learned from Triple Crown Sports that it would come to Brookings for the Final Four, that indicates two things: they aren't worried about our attendance figures for the game, and that we have outbid Washington. Even if we have outbid UTEP, they would not risk telling anybody that either UTEP or SDSU will be the host if UTEP wins...they just wouldn't do that to the host team before they play the game IMO. I still think we will probably have outbid them, but guess I will wait along with the rest of you until the game is finished tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                      If Washington has learned from Triple Crown Sports that it would come to Brookings for the Final Four, that indicates two things: they aren't worried about our attendance figures for the game, and that we have outbid Washington. Even if we have outbid UTEP, they would not risk telling anybody that either UTEP or SDSU will be the host if UTEP wins...they just wouldn't do that to the host team before they play the game IMO. I still think we will probably have outbid them, but guess I will wait along with the rest of you until the game is finished tonight.
                      I agree as well. Maybe Washington didn't bid to host at all. If that's the case they know for sure they are on the road regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                        I too think we outbid UTEP, but w/ their attendence numbers it may be making the decision for Triple Crown Sports a lot harder. Triple Crown may also be cheering (silently) for Washington.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                          I too think we outbid UTEP, but w/ their attendence numbers it may be making the decision for Triple Crown Sports a lot harder. Triple Crown may also be cheering (silently) for Washington.

I need some help with this one. Why on earth would TCS cheer against a program that has put 8,000+ butts in the seats, with the potential for 10,000+?
                          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                            I need some help with this one. Why on earth would TCS cheer against a program that has put 8,000+ butts in the seats, with the potential for 10,000+?
                            It's all about the bid. Plain and simple. The bids for hosting the final 4 are already in. UTEP could draw 100,000 tonight and it wouldn't matter.

TCS knows who is going to host next round, but they haven't released the host sites early yet and they aren't going to start now.

We can compete with attendance of 10,000 because we are charging 333% more than UTEP. We drew 3792 last round. To be on equal footing UTEP has to draw 12,627 fans tonight. Yes I know children and students aren't $20 so it's not an exact comparison but it's fairly close.

We don't know how much Sell bid. Maybe he made a bunch on the early rounds and kicked that into this bid. All these theories on the wording of UTEP's press release on tonight's game, etc indicating that they will host are silly. If the universities know who is hosting they must have to keep it quiet. I'm leaning toward the universities don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                              Because TCS probably cares more about $$ than number of butts in the seats. Ultimately whoever put in the more $$ in for the bid will probably host the game, despite other factors that they say are included in the decision.
                              Last edited by JackrabbitGuy; 03-31-2014, 05:32 PM. Reason: acronym
                              The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                                It's all about the bid. Plain and simple. The bids for hosting the final 4 are already in. UTEP could draw 100,000 tonight and it wouldn't matter.

That simply isn't true. The WNIT website plainly states that factors other than just bid are taken into consideration. If UTEP draws 10,000+ tonight (and wins), but bids a few thousand less than us, UTEP will host. Fan base is kind of a big deal also...

Comment

Working...
                                X