2017 recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 recruits

For those of you who haven't seen Myah play. Watch this starting at the 1:17:25 mark http://watch.sdpb.org/video/2365689248/

From this years 3rd place State B Tournament. She brings her team from 9 down in the final 3:30min to force overtime. Finishes Avon in overtime.

Comment

Originally posted by smoothjack View Post
      For those of you who haven't seen Myah play. Watch this starting at the 1:17:25 mark http://watch.sdpb.org/video/2365689248/

From this years 3rd place State B Tournament. She brings her team from 9 down in the final 3:30min to force overtime. Finishes Avon in overtime.
      Wow! She didn't need much room/time to fire up those threes. I love it.
      One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
        Wow! She didn't need much room/time to fire up those threes. I love it.
        Imagine her sharing the court with veteran versions of Miller, Guebert and Thompson. A definite nightmare for Summit League teams.

Any idea who the new commit might be?

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
          Imagine her sharing the court with veteran versions of Miller, Guebert and Thompson. A definite nightmare for Summit League teams.

Any idea who the new commit might be?
          Somebody named Larson becomes eligible that season as well.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            Somebody named Larson becomes eligible that season as well.
            And Stevens...
            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Talk about putting a team on your back. She was literally triple teamed the entire time. It is incredible that Myah can score as much as she can with all of the defensive attention she gets especially because none of her teamates seemed capable of contributing much to ease the pressure. At one point Myah was actually being guarded by all five of the defenders!
              "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

That wasn't even fair.
                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I called that game on Kool-98. I dang near lost my voice and I still had another game to go!

And the thing is, she played with a bum hip during that game, too. Unreal.

But she is a very good player and she'll be an impact player at SDSU, no mistake about it.
                  I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

And from a couple games I've seen and what people around here tell me...she has zero talent around her, year after year. She's going to be really good.
                    I wouldn't still be surprised if Williams makes a play for her next year at Nebraska. IMO...like Macy...she's a B10 player.
                    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                      Is there a second commit tonight? AJ has another "great day to be a Jackrabbit" tweet at 6:42. This time it's followed by "again" (and way more exclamation points than the early tweet).
                      Yes there was a second commit today, I think in 2018 class. Don't know the name.

Comment

http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/spor...h-dakota-state

Nice article

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                          And from a couple games I've seen and what people around here tell me...she has zero talent around her, year after year. She's going to be really good.
                          I wouldn't still be surprised if Williams makes a play for her next year at Nebraska. IMO...like Macy...she's a B10 player.
                          I watched the girls all star game this year after the State Tournaments were completed, and you could just see the level of play go up.When you put all the best players in the State together on the court,they tend to bring out the best in each other.It's a fun transition to witness.Good players tend to bring out the best in each other.

That's what makes SDSU so tough,every position has a very good player playing it,and when they start to click,it can become magical.

Comment

Originally posted by smoothjack
                            I'm assuming the other recruit is Addison Hirschman 6'2 post from Kingsley Pierson Iowa. Could also be Ashtyn Veerbeek from Hull Western Christian. Both play for Iowa Barnstormers West.
                            Really? Addison's mom and I went to high school together in Dell Rapids.
                            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by smoothjack
                              I'm assuming the other recruit is Addison Hirschman 6'2 post from Kingsley Pierson Iowa. Could also be Ashtyn Veerbeek from Hull Western Christian. Both play for Iowa Barnstormers West.
                              Veerbeek reminds me of Mariah Clarin the way she plays,runs the court and her athleticism. Couldn't find any highlight reel videos of Hirschman.

Found some video on Herschman,reminds me a little of how Ellie plays....here's hoping she does as good as Ellie.
                              Last edited by jackdaniel; 05-14-2016, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                                Welcome, Myah! A lot of Jackrabbit fans are thrilled that you chose SDSU and look forward to seeing you on the court.
                                just a little insight to the myah selland procedure and the rehab. http://rehab for a women's torn labrum in hip
                                Last edited by krak-r-jacks; 04-29-2016, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X