WNIT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WNIT

Minnesota is currently listed as one of the first four teams out of the Big Dance . With the Gophers no longer interested in playing the Jacks at all (much less in Brookings) , wouldn't it be interesting if the WNIT would force them to come to South Dakota in a first-round match-up ?

Re: WNIT

I see we are listed in the "next four out" line. South Dakota is getting fed to Louisville as a 15 seed.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
      I see we are listed in the "next four out" line. South Dakota is getting fed to Louisville as a 15 seed.
      If Jacks were in a multiple bid conference I think an at large bid would be likely. Almost a certainty had SDSU lost in the title game. Summit is a one bid conference. WNIT it is.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
        The only good news in that bracketology pick is that the Yotes would only have to drive to Ames (or Iowa City) for their likely beatdown.

Comment

I think the womens program will evolve much further if it makes a deep run in the WNIT than a usual one and done in the NCAA Tournement this year.
          One bright spot from multiple NCAA appearences is recruiting,we've benefitted there.Exposure?Sure,but very limited in prestige when we're constantly eliminated the first round.
          Of course,multiple NCAA Tournament appearances is a feather in its own right.

So,lets make the most of what we have and go win some games in the WNIT and take home some valualable experience in the process.
          Not advocating substituting the NCAA with the WNIT,that would be ludicrous.We will get back to the NCAA's,but we'll be better prepared to win and advance next time,if and when we become better prepared for the "next level" type of intensity exhibited by the teams we will face in the NCAA.
          And ,for that matter,the intensity shown by USD (that killer instinct) to win the Conference Tournament.
          Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-18-2014, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
            I think the womens program will evolve much further if it makes a deep run in the WNIT than a usual one and done in the NCAA Tournement this year.
            One bright spot from multiple NCAA appearences is recruiting,we've benefitted there.Exposure?Sure,but very limited in prestige when we're constantly eliminated the first round.
            Of course,multiple NCAA Tournament appearances is a feather in its own right.

So,lets make the most of what we have and go win some games in the WNIT and take home some valualable experience in the process.
            Not advocating substituting the NCAA with the WNIT,that would be ludicrous.We will get back to the NCAA's,but we'll be better prepared to win and advance next time,if and when we become better prepared for the "next level" type of intensity exhibited by the teams we will face in the NCAA.
            And ,for that matter,the intensity shown by USD (that killer insinct) to win the Conference Tournament.
            while i don't agree with your first comment, i 100% agree with the rest.

Comment

Think back to when this D1 transition began - nothing energized our base like the women's bid to the NIT. Granted we have been spoiled the past few years, but all good things must come to an end. This is a great opportunity to host a bigger school -put lots of butts in the seats (hopefully) and sell some tickets. Agreed that a deep run in the NIT could be just as beneficial as being sent to a Big10 or Big12 city for a one and done shot.

Onward and upward Jackrabbit women!! Make us proud!

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
                Think back to when this D1 transition began - nothing energized our base like the women's bid to the NIT. Granted we have been spoiled the past few years, but all good things must come to an end. This is a great opportunity to host a bigger school -put lots of butts in the seats (hopefully) and sell some tickets. Agreed that a deep run in the NIT could be just as beneficial as being sent to a Big10 or Big12 city for a one and done shot.

Onward and upward Jackrabbit women!! Make us proud!
                I dont have a lot of confidence in the fans getting as excited about the NIT this time around. We couldnt fill the place with a ranked Penn St, i dont see us filling it like last time. I will be there, for any home game they or the men might host

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                  I dont have a lot of confidence in the fans getting as excited about the NIT this time around. We couldnt fill the place with a ranked Penn St, i dont see us filling it like last time. I will be there, for any home game they or the men might host
                  Yeah, you might be right. Back in the beginning, our MBB team was struggling and we all needed a little hope. We also had Megan Vogel and she was a LOT of fun to watch.

Comment

Working...
                  X