GDT: SDSU vs. USD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU vs. USD

Don't think we wrapped up Corn Showdown just yet. The scoreboard doesn't show the possibility of the 3 point academic score. So if USD wins rest of sports and gets 3 points in academic portion and SDSU doesn't get the academic points, USD wins.

But yes it is all but wrapped up.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
      Announced attendance was 3,532!...
      Do are friends down south not know that they show these games on TV and scan the crowds during hi-lights that show the crowds or lack of them? Its almost laughable the numbers they report for actual people in the seats.

That said - good win for our Lady Jacks

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
        Is there post game press conference available? The men had one when they played in Vermillion
        Terry V posted his on his twitter feed if you follow him. Here is the link (if link works) he provided. http://TerryVandrovec.Tumblr.com

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
          Do are friends down south not know that they show these games on TV and scan the crowds during hi-lights that show the crowds or lack of them? Its almost laughable the numbers they report for actual people in the seats.

That said - good win for our Lady Jacks

GBGBGJ
          It seems most obvious when the bor finacials come out showing ticket sales for revenue.

Am I the only one who thought they rememvber reading somewhere that sdsu was going to switch to tickets sold not butts in the seats anymore?
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
            Heiser is limping. I'm surprised she is playing.

Jacks are having trouble pulling away, but are hanging tough. Should be up by 10+, Have missed too many close shots. Clarin especially.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Tara stepped on someone's foot earlier today and injured ankle. She was in a lot of pain during the game. 8 days to heal.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
              Announced attendance was 3,532!...
              That number would be optimistic to think that at least another 1500 season ticket holders did not show up. Looking at the football seating across the way had many many blue tops compared to the red in the crowd. It may have counted students who walked through the dome this week and they reported the wrong number.. It was a very quiet and evidently short in stature group to make the 3532.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                Tara stepped on someone's foot earlier today and injured ankle. She was in a lot of pain during the game. 8 days to heal.
                On TV's chat he said it happened during warm ups.

Comment

Good Win against a solid team, in their place, where it's tough to win.

Got to be a confidence builder heading into next Monday!

Comment

glad to see we were able to score in a place that sucks for scoring. but then its not like this years USD team is a good defensive team. I am having a hard time getting pumped up for the tourney for some reason. every year its been in SF we hvae been there every session, and we plan to again, just not hyped for it. I hopefully will be able to bring our 2 year old to several games wearing his SDSU outfits. I think as the weekend gets here i will find my self more and more ready for it.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Well I'm ready for it. That tournament has been a great time the last five years. I'd love to be able to go to every game but probably won't get there until Sunday evening this year.

We've talked about slow starts for the WBB team lately. I looked back at the scores of the last five games. In the first half we outscored our opponent 170-167. In the second half it is 227 to 168. Some of that is probably coaching - AJ must be good at making halftime adjustments. One of the yesterday's postgame interviews mentioned a change in strategy from outside shooting to pounding it inside at the half. The fouls picked up in the paint killed USD. The depth of the bench is probably the biggest reason for the difference. We had 30+ bench points yesterday and can wear teams at this level down by bringing in waves of fresh players. That should again be a nice advantage Monday when we run into a team coming off of a game the previous day.

Comment

Working...
                      X