Idea time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea time.

The WNIT is rapidly approaching, and brackets are unveiled 12th of March. We need to be prepared for a possibility of a road trip or 2. So my proposal is if anyone in the Brookings region has an RV or vechicle that sleeps possibly 10, we pool together and travel to that location. Charge everyone for gas and a place to stay....It'd be like an ultimate road trip. Or we could just set up a bus to get there. What are your thoughts?

Re: Idea time.

Originally posted by thebluehatman
    The WNIT is rapidly approaching, and brackets are unveiled 12th of March.  We need to be prepared for a possibility of a road trip or 2.  So my proposal is if anyone in the Brookings region has an RV or vechicle that sleeps possibly 10, we pool together and travel to that location. Charge everyone for gas and a place to stay....It'd be like an ultimate road trip.  Or we could just set up a bus to get there.  What are your thoughts?
    It's a possibility that I would go, but I can't commit to anything until the location/date/time are set.
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

I'll travel if I can but not in a RV with any Dak employees, except maybe my brother. If this trip blue has in mind happens make sure you document the events.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I can just see this turning into that scene from "Borat."

Comment

Originally posted by sdhistorian
          ;D ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Originally posted by sdhistorian
            Never seen the movie. Do tell me about this scene.

Comment

[quote author=sdhistorian link=1172470906/0#3 date=1172507446]I can just see this turning into that scene from "Borat."
              Never seen the movie. Do tell me about this scene.[/quote]
              You mean you can't wait until the movie comes out on DVD next Tuesday? To be honest, I haven't seen the movie, either........I'll grab it next week since there won't be any SDSU basketball action to catch......

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78
                [quote author=thebluehatman link=1172470906/0#5 date=1172523032][quote author=sdhistorian link=1172470906/0#3 date=1172507446]I can just see this turning into that scene from "Borat."
                Never seen the movie.  Do tell me about this scene.[/quote]
                You mean you can't wait until the movie comes out on DVD next Tuesday? To be honest, I haven't seen the movie, either........I'll grab it next week since there won't be any SDSU basketball action to catch......[/quote]
                Nope Not Interested In Watching It. Don't plan on seeing it either kinda like Napolen Dynamite.

Comment

[quote author=NightHawk78 link=1172470906/0#6 date=1172530811][quote author=thebluehatman link=1172470906/0#5 date=1172523032][quote author=sdhistorian link=1172470906/0#3 date=1172507446]I can just see this turning into that scene from "Borat."
                  You mean you can't wait until the movie comes out on DVD next Tuesday? To be honest, I haven't seen the movie, either........I'll grab it next week since there won't be any SDSU basketball action to catch......[/quote]
                  Nope Not Interested In Watching It.  Don't plan on seeing it either kinda like Napolen Dynamite.[/quote]
                  I can't believe you haven't seen those movies , heck even my parents seen borat..although they disliked some of it. the RV seen is pretty good and sure makes a certain school look bad : Napolian dymanmite is not that bad...i believe the actor is from Edgemont SD. any, way to get back on topic a wnit road trip would be pretty crazy but i'm not sure if i could make it.

Comment

Originally posted by sdsurulz08
                    [quote author=thebluehatman link=1172470906/0#7 date=1172531010][quote author=NightHawk78 link=1172470906/0#6 date=1172530811][quote author=thebluehatman link=1172470906/0#5 date=1172523032][quote author=sdhistorian link=1172470906/0#3 date=1172507446]I can just see this turning into that scene from "Borat."
                    Nope Not Interested In Watching It.  Don't plan on seeing it either kinda like Napolen Dynamite.[/quote]
                    I can't believe you haven't seen those movies , heck even my parents seen borat..although they disliked some of it. the RV seen is pretty good and sure makes a certain school look bad : Napolian dymanmite is not that bad...i believe the actor is from Edgemont SD. any, way to get back on topic a wnit road trip would be pretty crazy but i'm not sure if i could make it. [/quote]
                    Jon Heder is not from Edgemont, he is from Fort Collins Colo.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

[quote author=sdhistorian link=1172470906/0#3 date=1172507446]I can just see this turning into that scene from "Borat."

blue hat:
                      No offense intended by the laughter icons, but I did see Borat and am still trying to figure out parts of the movie. It kind went over the top in parts, but he seemed have a way of bringing out the ugliness of so called clean middle class people posing as a foreign reporter from one of the small countries that were once part of the Soviet Union. I dropped HBO years ago and was surprised to read that Borat had been a regular on HBO prior to the movie.

That said, I have one regret in my life and that was during the quarter break of 1963. I did not round up a group friends to car pool to Evansville, Indiana.  Listening to a piped in radio signal to Donor Auditorium did not cut the experience, that it would have been by being in attendence.

I think your idea is a great one,but too old to participate and I dont own a van. Maybe some one much younger who does own a van will find this idea exciting. Good luck.

Comment

None taken Haldersham. Just thinking it would be a good idea to get more hype about the fact we might just become the first transitional team to make the WNIT and get travel plans made if necessary. Look forward to watching some post season games. Lets get it done this weekend ladies.

Comment

HELL YEAH! I would travel to watch a game in the National Tourney, I think a lot of people would this is a pretty big deal for SDSU and the State!!!

Comment

FYI SDSUFANS considering the possibility of getting to the WNIT game if it is in our region, and we play the first round, here is information from the Back 'O the Bus group:

JACKRABBIT FANS-

On March 12th there will be an announcement as to if the women’s basketball team makes it into the WNIT.  If there is an announcement that they will be traveling within the region, please call Dave or Shar at 692-4024 (w), 693-3115 (h), or 691-3115 (cell) if you are interested in taking a bus to the game.  It will all have to happen in a short period of time, so you will have to let us know within 24 hours or less of the announcement if you want to ride the bus.  It will probably be an overnight stay, so plan accordingly.  Our hope is that we can get at least 35+ people to take the bus.  Pass the word!

GO JACKS!

Dave & Shar Quam

Comment

Snookums and I will be wherever the Jacks go (but we're coming from KC so we'll probably not be on the bus . . . )
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                              X